mind set - Page 2

mind set

This is a discussion on mind set within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like an opportunity to sell those surplus CCW badges. Did you notice if any of these guys were wearing guilly suits when they went ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: mind set

Sounds like an opportunity to sell those surplus CCW badges. Did you notice if any of these guys were wearing guilly suits when they went to WalMart or tac vests at the mall. Like a previous poster said these are the ones who will cut and run when it gets a little tough.
    gunthorp likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

VIP Member
    Use care that what you post may be used to describe you later. I commend your diligence in practicing. You're smart to carry always, and wise to avoid having to use it. Compare the mindset of the members here to the bravado of others, and you will join the brotherhood of the quiet Grey Man.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

You are hearing the mating call of the Common Idiot. They are an obnoxious creature. Sometimes you can spot them due to their plumage or strut, other times you will have to wait to hear their wail before identification can be made. Once you realize you are in the presence of the Common Idiot, you should quietly slip away, avoiding all contact or else you risk being misidentified as a member of their herd.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

There isn't enough space on my gun for all the notches I could carve... for the situations I've avoided because I carry...

I don't want a body on my gun... I won't be smiling as I pull the trigger. If I should ever have to pull, and discharge my weapon, it will be a very bad day... It will be a day I hope to have survived, and will be grateful I did, should that happen.

I will not be a victim... but I do not go looking for trouble...
    Pistology likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Speaking for just myself...I carry my gun in the hope that I will never have to use it. However, I train as though I will have to use it. From what I have read among my peers here I would say that sentiment is in the majority here.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    What is being said here is why I cringe everytime I hear someone talk about a "make my day law." If I ever have to defend myself it will not make my day, matter of fact it will probably make me puke. I have tried to think through circumstances for when I will use a weapon because I don't want to make life or death decissions in a split second. As they say though all plans go out the window quickly.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    What is being said here is why I cringe everytime I hear someone talk about a "make my day law." If I ever have to defend myself it will not make my day, matter of fact it will probably make me puke. I have tried to think through circumstances for when I will use a weapon because I don't want to make life or death decissions in a split second. As they say though all plans go out the window quickly.
    I might just be ill informed, but I'm not familiar with the concept of "make my day law."
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I might just be ill informed, but I'm not familiar with the concept of "make my day law."
    That is the news media’s take on the Castle Doctrine; they assume it is just an excuse to kill someone just because you want to.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That is the news media’s take on the Castle Doctrine; they assume it is just an excuse to kill someone just because you want to.
    More so the "Stand Your Ground"
    laws, than the Castle Doctrine laws.

Stand Your Ground meaning you can defend yourself anywhere you have a legal right to be, with no duty to retreat.

Castle Doctrine ranging from no duty to retreat in your home to an assumption that any one entering illegally is a righteous target whether they are armed or not.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    More so the "Stand Your Ground"
    laws, than the Castle Doctrine laws.

Stand Your Ground meaning you can defend yourself anywhere you have a legal right to be, with no duty to retreat.

Castle Doctrine ranging from no duty to retreat in your home to an assumption that any one entering illegally is a righteous target whether they are armed or not.
    Much better clarification than mine.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Much better clarification than mine.
    Thanks, but let's not forget Texas' "He needed killin' law." Where you can shoot 'em while they're runnin' away!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I carry a gun on a daily basis and pray the day never comes when I have to use it. There is no glory in taking another persons life, even if forced into a situation you have no other choice. IMO anyone who says they look forward to doing it has no business carrying a gun.
    First Sgt likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links