Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned!

This is a discussion on Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I damn sure won't be drinking coffee with the boss for a couple of weeks...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned!

I damn sure won't be drinking coffee with the boss for a couple of weeks
    WHEC724 and Rock and Glock like this.

2. Remove Ads

The boss needs to read "The Gift of Fear", specifically the section/chapter titled "Occupational Hazards". If your's and other's instinct tells you to watch out or worry, then I'd trust them. If the boss didn't tell the manager he had made a mistake and to correct it, then the termination is final. No need to drag it out or hear any more of it. It's done, move on, etc.

I'd call in sick that day and if not able to, then I'd be carrying regardless of what the policy dictates. If wanting to be discreet/unnoticeable, I'd carry a snubnose .38 or a pocket .380 loaded with FMJs.
    Hopyard likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Actually, the answer is "other": The boss was out of town and had a manager fire the employee. The employee is certain the boss will reinstate him, but that won't happen. The boss is a great guy and will agree to chat with the ex-employee. He is aware of our concerns.
    Hmmmm. To the fired guy it would appear that your boss is a spineless wuzz who used a surrogate to fire him.
    When the fired guy finds out he isn't getting his job back, that is, that the boss agreed with the firing, he is not going to be happy. And thinking little of the boss's spine, he may try something intimidating. Maybe verbally. But if it doesn't fly he could
    get violent.

This is an instance where your boss's effort at trying to be a nice guy by meeting the man could really go badly for him and everyone else.

If you have a good relationship with the boss, or his boss (company size and # of levels of management vary so I don't know from this distance how high you need to go) talk to them. The situation sound darn iffy.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Yeah a sick day that day may be in order.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The boss, if he's smart, will handle it with a phone call and back up his manager. If the guy shows up after that-you'll know it's trouble.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Where are you in the line of succession, if the boss goes down do you get promoted?

NO NO I was just kidding.

I would call the police and let them know your concerns and ask for advise. I doubt they can do anything but they may mention some security options you have not thought about.

Vacation in Colorado?

You could also ask the boss to handle this off-site at a coffee shop or the like.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Get a buncha phone books and a roll of duct tape,arrange the phone books in a shape like a bullet proof vest,duct tape them into a solid fromt and back,then add shoulder straps, and a bungee to anchor the middle of the vest ,if the SHTF throw your vest on and prepare to escape and evade while being ready to take the guy on if he gets in your way
    Yankeejib likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Increased SA is about all you can do for now. Unless the ex-employee has made threats of physical violence (which you have not indicated he has), there's not much the police can do about it. The last I checked, talking to the boss to get your job back, is not illegal. The walking around mumbling and talking to himself proves nothing either. Hell, I do it all the time, in fact if you worked for my boss you might also!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    sick days?

^^^^^^YEAH^^^^^^^^^^^Sick days!!!!!!!!

This is when Mommy tucks us into bed, brings us hot Chicken noodle soup, reads us a story and does all of our bidding.

To the OP,,

Hopyard has some great advice.

This is precisely why I make sure I am liked by even the A-ho_e_.
    Then they may spare me, when they come to get their paybacks.
    Good luck, hope everyone at work keeps the eyeballs peeled for a long time.
    CowboyColby likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Stay alert...arm yourself...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had this scenario a few years ago and I was the guy he was coming back to meet with. I called the police and explained it to them and they had a couple guys in the office next door with the door a little ajar. It got heated, but never out of control. Then the guy started showing up in places when me and my family were there. He lived 3 towns away and no other need to be in our area. He even rode by my house one Saturday. He saw me and my family in a local Mexican restaurant one evening (he was always alone without his wife and kids) and he saw me OCing a large .357 (back when in Virginia you had to OC in a restaurant that served alcohol) and he got up and left. Never saw him again.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I had this scenario a few years ago and I was the guy he was coming back to meet with. I called the police and explained it to them and they had a couple guys in the office next door with the door a little ajar. It got heated, but never out of control. Then the guy started showing up in places when me and my family were there. He lived 3 towns away and no other need to be in our area. He even rode by my house one Saturday. He saw me and my family in a local Mexican restaurant one evening (he was always alone without his wife and kids) and he saw me OCing a large .357 (back when in Virginia you had to OC in a restaurant that served alcohol) and he got up and left. Never saw him again.
    No knock on OC, and I know you weren't doing it to intentionally get in the guy's face, but that can also go the other way
    and just encourage a nut to escalate and use a more sneaky approach to harming you --- via harming your family. I think
    you got off lucky.

I second what someone posted above about reading The Gift of Fear. It covers these situations very well.
    The author provides a bunch of dos and don'ts and a list of what he calls pre-incident indicators; which are little
    things that help you evaluate the risk. Some of them are things most of us would not think about or pay attention.

I highly recommend that book to everyone, not just the folks presently in the difficult situation.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Call in sick
    Cough, cough... Double sick in case the boss isn't in that day!
    jerp likes this.

Lots of great input, thanks!

We are a small company < 60 employees, and the "Boss" is as high as it goes in our organization. He is active in all phases of the operation, but there is a hierarchy and it was the job of the manager who did the firing to let the guy go. It is not unreasonable for an employee to "go over ones head" in a case like this. I know that he will not get his job back, and the Boss is the kind of guy who will listen to what this guy has to say.....reluctantly in this case.

During the day today some folks were getting pretty nervous, as the guy is coming in sometime Friday. Hopefully this will be a Y2K-like non-event.....I'll let you know what happens!
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links