Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned! - Page 3

Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned!

This is a discussion on Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard No knock on OC, and I know you weren't doing it to intentionally get in the guy's face, but that can ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Fired Employee angry......coming back to meet with the head man.....concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No knock on OC, and I know you weren't doing it to intentionally get in the guy's face, but that can also go the other way
    and just encourage a nut to escalate and use a more sneaky approach to harming you --- via harming your family. I think
    you got off lucky.

I second what someone posted above about reading The Gift of Fear. It covers these situations very well.
    The author provides a bunch of dos and don'ts and a list of what he calls pre-incident indicators; which are little
    things that help you evaluate the risk. Some of them are things most of us would not think about or pay attention.

I highly recommend that book to everyone, not just the folks presently in the difficult situation.
    I agree. It was when the old "Virginia Tuck" rule was in place. We were there, shirt tucked behind holstered gun, and he showed up. With young kids, you're getting up and down constantly to pick stuff up. Not much I could do. In that situation, I had to do the firing. I had met with him a couple days ahead and had to suspend him to investigate a situation. Then had to call him back for the firing. He stood to lose his job, professional license, get in legal trouble, and could have caused him family problems. When a person seems to be losing everything they are dangerous. His showing up and riding by my house went on several weeks until that evening in the restaurant. Fortunately, that was the end of it. It could have gone either way from there. For a long time after that, I kept looking over my shoulder. Now I live 700+ miles away.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I fired one guy who was a complete whacko, and on all types of med's, etc...... he had an anger issue ++++++++++ ..... and I figured I'ld see him approach me somewhere at some point. However, what I did get was a railroad spike thru the sidewall of my tire, but nothing else.

Now, on the other side, when I was in college and starting a new job in not that great of an area...... a guy the day before had gotten mad at the Manager and threatened he would be back and "get him". My first day of work, he walked in with a .38 in his hand (fairly concealed) and walked right up to the Manager , shoved it in his stomach, and fired 6 shots killing him.

So.... you just never know.

I think the more vocal they are , the better ... because they get some of it out of their system and no one is going to be happy if they are fired, especially in these times. I think it's the quieter one's I would watch out for who keep it all inside....
    Bark'n likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

They guys that do stuff like that, they're always interviewing the neighbors afterwards and they say, "He was kind of a quiet fellow, never said much...just kept to himself...a loner."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I had a similar situation happen at work. We notified the police that we may have an angry person who acts irrationally show up and asked them to keep an eye on the place. We knew that this person had scheduled to show up and meet with my boss, so the police agreed to sit out in the parking lot while this meeting took place and we all kept their number on speed dial. I think their presence was enough to deter this person from trying anything crazy, although they did ram into their spouses car in a parking lot the next day and my boss' tires mysteriously all went flat.

This may be a little paranoid, but after the meeting with the boss, have someone watching him as he walks out to his car.

If you see him getting something out of the trunk, better lock the door and get ready...

Just sayin'... That's how these things go down a lot of times...

Good Luck and Be Safe!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I would suggest you preposition the CCWers around the business. Make sure that all the non-armed people are told to duck and let the sheepdogs do their thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I would suggest you preposition the CCWers around the business. Make sure that all the non-armed people are told to duck and let the sheepdogs do their thing!
    Trying to be funny? Not working
    Hopyard likes this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe the meeting should be set up at the YMCA. In the pool.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Well, if I were fired by a manager, I too would ask to speak with the boss... just sayin... me thinks this is a non-event and nothing to worry about... After all, he is trying to save face by announcing he wants to speak to the boss...
    Toorop likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Update: The meeting with the Boss went ok apparently, absent any harsh words or threats. The Boss was able to defuse the situation and although the ex-employee is understandably upset over the firing, the consensus is that nothing more will happen. Time will tell of course, so SA, especially at work, will be a major focus (at least for me) for some time to come.

You cannot believe how tense some folks were this morning.....thanks for your comments and suggestions!
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Update: The meeting with the Boss went ok apparently, absent any harsh words or threats. The Boss was able to defuse the situation and although the ex-employee is understandably upset over the firing, the consensus is that nothing more will happen. Time will tell of course, so SA, especially at work, will be a major focus (at least for me) for some time to come.

You cannot believe how tense some folks were this morning.....thanks for your comments and suggestions!
    'Glad to hear that. It's always better to be prepared and nothing happen, than the other way around.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    good ending, hope nothing happens later. Thanks for updating and letting us know

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    good ending, hope nothing happens later. Thanks for updating and letting us know
    Yup, so far so good, but don't want to get complacent any time soon!
    "Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Lewis

Glad to hear
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Can you position shooters around the office? Maybe have someone with a rifle in position? ;)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links