What situation, if any, caused you to become more home defense oriented? - Page 5

What situation, if any, caused you to become more home defense oriented?

This is a discussion on What situation, if any, caused you to become more home defense oriented? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by thehustleman My mother's home was broken into while she was sleep. They thought she was gone because her truck wasn't there, but ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: What situation, if any, caused you to become more home defense oriented?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    My mother's home was broken into while she was sleep.

They thought she was gone because her truck wasn't there, but they went upstairs to her room to get her other flat panel tv and she shot 2 of the 3 suspects, one died on the scene due to a gunshot wound to the head, the other almost bled out, but he survived to tell on the others and get out without a murder charge. The third one served the murder charge. The other got a robbery charge.

My mother in the other hand got a hardy handshake, a thank you from the officers & neighbors (except the one who's son she killed) and testified in court with me by her side.

Great day for justice

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Wow. What an experience. Hopefully she was able to carry on after that experience without emotional trauma. Sounds like a strong woman!

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Wow. What an experience. Hopefully she was able to carry on after that experience without emotional trauma. Sounds like a strong woman!
    It wasn't easy, in fact she is the ONLY reason the second suspect survived the wound she inflicted. She called 911 and got him help so he could survive the trip to jail.

She doesn't quite feel safe in her home anymore, but that one instance stopped the string of break ins around her area. No more have been reported

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Walked in and my back door was kicked in...felt helpless (other than grabbing a knife from the kitchen). Vowed never to feel that way again. Got a loud alarm, a big dog and carry everywhere.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    All a person has to do is watch the news to see how unsafe this world is, even in your own home.
    What he said. Home invasions and murders going on all around me. I just had one of my high school classmate's nephew and girlfriend murdered while their four children were in the same house. People are just becoming more foolish and stupid.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    This.............
    wife pulled out the .45 last night....

Last night I am away from home (doing my weekly 20+ hour shift at the hospital) and get a phone call from our pastor asking for advice--a family situation had gone way south, wife & kids in hiding, wife in fear for her life. We talk thru options for safety of the wife & kids. The husband in this situation has some reasons that he could come to our house and not be a real happy camper....

I call my wife, inform her of the situation (we live in a very rural county) and tell her to get all the dogs inside, lock all the doors, and turn on all the outside lights and turn off the inside lights so she can see out. Also to get the .45 out! I don't intend to wake up and read the grizzly headlines that we all know happens quite frequently....

Our daughter who lives in our attached mother-in-law apartment is in the city to buy groceries and visit family friends (our son-in-law is deployed) and the family friend and her boyfriend follow my daughter home to make sure she is safe. The boyfriend of the family friend carries as well and he gave our daughter his Glock (I know, I know, it really should have been a 1911, but I appreciated the gesture anyway ).

Nothing happened, so it was a non-event, BUTthis site has helped me not to take safety in these kinds of situations for granted. Any time, Any where!!
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

ok son mine is a lil differant :
    Am currently in korea and a get a phone call at 4am my time from the wife telling me her car was stolen out of are driveway, the bad part about it is we live in a very small town in Arizona and even the LEO's that worked the case said they have never had a stolen car like this in the area we live in. currently my wife does not carry as she felt it was to dangerous to have around three small children( i know i have tryed to tell her and she wasnt having it ). Now she fears for the safety of are children so much she has desided to arm herself in here words: I WILL NOT BE A VICTIM AGAIN. my glock and my kimber where at a friends house for safe keeping untill i returned, I recived an email yesturday say my wife had picked the up WITH my ammo { this is why i carry plus the million other reasons i and all of us could name } - D
    S&W M&P 45c sold
    HK USPc 45 sold
    Glock 36M CC

i drive through a bad part of town on my way home from work. One night I was at a stoplight at about 1:00 am and a white Excursion stops next to me. I'm aware and watching.. this oversize clothed thug's looking around and get's out of the passenger seat, starts pulling his shirt up. I'm hitting the gas and taking off, mind you I drive a fast, souped up Eclipse Turbo which I've invested 7 grand in. I've never prayed for a cop to stop me except for this time, of course none were around. The next day I armed myself.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links