Indiana GOP introduces new Bill "Allowing the murder of Police/Law Enforcement"... - Page 2

Indiana GOP introduces new Bill "Allowing the murder of Police/Law Enforcement"...

This is a discussion on Indiana GOP introduces new Bill "Allowing the murder of Police/Law Enforcement"... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber I would suggest this thread be locked and deleted Its worthy of discussion. To the OP I think Indiana is doing ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Indiana GOP introduces new Bill "Allowing the murder of Police/Law Enforcement"...

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    I would suggest this thread be locked and deleted
    Its worthy of discussion.

To the OP I think Indiana is doing the right thing...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    This is not a simple scenario to discuss. I'm imagining being at home with wife and 8 year old it's 6:15 am. Were sound asleep suddenly the door explodes suddenly a couple flash bangs go off! there's loud yelling, Kid is freaking out! Basset Hound howling! wife is screaming beside me! I'm dazed and scared to death! I have an adrenaline dump! through all that am I going to hear and understand "Police" "Warrant"? I'm going to protect the wife and son. I'm reaching for my handgun no two way's about it.

Outcome #1. They shoot me because they see me reaching for my gun. I'm dead, that really sucks! turns out tragically they went to the wrong house! they wanted the house next to me. Wife and son are traumatically affected for life.

Outcome #2. I have a rifle shoved in my face, thrown to the floor. Wife is also thrown to floor. Again they want to wrong house. Traumatic scars!
    You forgot...

Outcome #3. As they charge into the house you get off a few rounds and manage to kill one of the unannounced officers. LEO gets off scot free for invading your home; you go to prison for life for the murder of a police officer, your family looses the house, lives in poverty for life, kids can't go to college and flip burgers the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Very misleading title line.
    Not if you actually open the links.
    tubadude likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Not if you actually open the links.
    I read both of them, top to bottom, and nowhere did the statement in the title line appear.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

So, lets leave the decision of which police entries are unlawful in the hands of the suspects? Anyone else see a problem with this??

And before anyone lights me on fire, i'm not talking about the no-knock-wrong-house-oops warrants. I'm talking about the "other" 99.999999999999999% of them, that are served on legitimate criminal locations. Nice to know that the criminals get to do ANY sort of evaluating as to the legitimacy of police entry. I'll be following this...
    Toorop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I read both of them, top to bottom, and nowhere did the statement in the title line appear.
    Read the title of the links. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    So, lets leave the decision of which police entries are unlawful in the hands of the suspects? Anyone else see a problem with this??

And before anyone lights me on fire, i'm not talking about the no-knock-wrong-house-oops warrants. I'm talking about the "other" 99.999999999999999% of them, that are served on legitimate criminal locations. Nice to know that the criminals get to do ANY sort of evaluating as to the legitimacy of police entry. I'll be following this...
    THis pretty much sums up what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    This is not a simple scenario to discuss. I'm imagining being at home with wife and 8 year old it's 6:15 am. Were sound asleep suddenly the door explodes suddenly a couple flash bangs go off! there's loud yelling, Kid is freaking out! Basset Hound howling! wife is screaming beside me! I'm dazed and scared to death! I have an adrenaline dump! through all that am I going to hear and understand "Police" "Warrant"? I'm going to protect the wife and son. I'm reaching for my handgun no two way's about it.

Outcome #1. They shoot me because they see me reaching for my gun. I'm dead, that really sucks! turns out tragically they went to the wrong house! they wanted the house next to me. Wife and son are traumatically affected for life.

Outcome #2. I have a rifle shoved in my face, thrown to the floor. Wife is also thrown to floor. Again they want to wrong house. Traumatic scars!

I don't know if there is a definitive answer to this.

I don't think there is a person here given that example who wouldn't try to defend their family's. I also think you can piss away any trust or faith in the local PD from that day forward.

I would have to agree, sounds like death rattles of the 4th Amendment.
    I agree with you that the fourth amendment is being eroded, along with the entire constitution.

The answer to this is to do away with no knock warrants. I may be wrong, but I think these warrants are used almost exclusively in drug cases and the police want to use these warrants to prevent the drug dealers from disposing of the evidence. What is wrong with staking out the house and waiting for the druggies to come out for there exercise and collar them then, on the street? Thus no need for a no knock warrant.

There have been multiple cases of these warrants being served at the wrong address with anywhere from relatively mild (if you consider guns in your face and being shoved to the floor of your home for no good reason other that the police can't read a house number) to absolutely tragic outcomes. Many people who favor these warrants say the these incidents are rare and they are correct. But if YOU are the one that gets shot or your dog or your wife or God forbid your child, will you then be willing to say, "but they are so rare"?

These warrants in my humble opinion are a gross violation of the fourth amendment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links