Wow, had a very close brush with home invasion - Page 2

Wow, had a very close brush with home invasion

This is a discussion on Wow, had a very close brush with home invasion within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Important for everyone to note you should always yell out to the person so they know the house is occupied. Sent from my PC36100 using ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Wow, had a very close brush with home invasion

Important for everyone to note you should always yell out to the person so they know the house is occupied.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Weapons list suppressed...........

I am glad I don't even have to go near the door at night to see who is standing there. My front door ,back door and garage door all have security cameras with night vision that is very clear. It is pitch black at night at all of my doors but I can see out just like it was daylight.

You could have gotten a neighbor killed. Call 911 next time you have an incident... Think not only about yourself and family but the other neighbors as well. I certainly would not like knowing I could have stopped a perp from harming someone else...

I could see it now... cops ask, so you KNEW the guy was a BG and you did what???
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Glad you and your neighbor are okay... Keep safe
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post
    You could have gotten a neighbor killed. Call 911 next time you have an incident... Think not only about yourself and family but the other neighbors as well. I certainly would not like knowing I could have stopped a perp from harming someone else...

I could see it now... cops ask, so you KNEW the guy was a BG and you did what???
    Easy there... He did not know this cat's intention for sure and he did not know what the guy was going to do... no one was harmed.
    oneshot and Doodle like this.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Our 4 yr. old male German Shepard always answers the door first.......and he doesn't know Mike either......but you can introduce him at your own risk.
    Last edited by xXxplosive; March 20th, 2012 at 10:48 AM.
    W9HDG and Spec like this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    So Chevy, please share with us what you plan to change or do in the (unlikely?) event that this could happen again. Installing motion detection lights and cutting down the large bushes is a good start. Anything else?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by Cook74 View Post

This is the WRONG answer. Why didn't the neighbor do anything? Did the neighbor not have the good sense to do or say anything? To say the OP could have gotten the neighbor killed is dishonest.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I'm thinking maybe if you had called 911 to report the guy,by the time he tried to break into your neighbors the Cops would have been in the area and possibly made an arrest
    1911srule likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Wow... This forums is getting to be a finger pointing, condemning, your fault type responses... I am starting rethink posting anything

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm thinking maybe if you had called 911 to report the guy,by the time he tried to break into your neighbors the Cops would have been in the area and possibly made an arrest
    I don't know about where you live but here the police don't have the response time for something like that. A confirmed robbery in progress...maybe, but suspicious activity in the neighborhood, not a chance. If it isn't an immediate life or death situation you get regulated to the bottom of the pile.

Also, if I understood the OP's story he didn't know the stranger/perp/whatever, had gone to his neighbors house until later.

I usually don't answer my door when the bible thumpers comes a knockin. One day after I ignored a knock on my door I went outside a while after and found a red dot on my porch. Probably a nail polish but it looked like I was marked so I went got a razor blade and scraped it off. Also one day I found my security camera ripped off.

y'all seen anything like that on your porch?

VIP Member
    Did the cops check your light bulb for finger prints?
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

OD*
    Glad it didn't turn into anything more serious.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Why would he be cowering? No firearm?
    Yes, my neighbor has no firearms. He was more afraid for his son's safety than his own. I am still surprised that the neighbor did not shout out.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links