Real Scenario: Robbery Gone Bad

This is a discussion on Real Scenario: Robbery Gone Bad within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I'll let the video do the talking here. Forgive me if you have seen it before but I though it would be appropriate on ...

Ok I'll let the video do the talking here. Forgive me if you have seen it before but I though it would be appropriate on this forum. So, without futher delay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZrdbSJVSVM

Comments/Thoughts?

Thanks
    DA

VIP Member
    Yep. This one has been here before. Much discussion. I believe the actual clerk who is in the video dropped in to provide some info.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

GOD the addition of the music was stupid ... what could have been a demonstration of proper response by a licensed citizen has instead been turned into a stupid music video that makes gun owners look like "kill crazed maniacs".

If you're going to pass the link around, use this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk

nice

That was some damn good shooting but the lady with the little girl was completely clueless and just stood there, it was pretty dangerous to be shooting around MS.Clueless and her child but other than that quite a good showing, better than alot of cops I know

Another thing it looked to me like the GG raised the Glock up and used the sights or the front sight and went 3 for 3 hits
    I'm a Marine and I have a rifle

Assistant Administrator
    Yes - we had a thread on this - just don't have the URL to hand.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I searched around but didnt find this. I'm not supprised to read that you all have discussed this before as you all seem to be on top of things. Anyway for what its worth I really liked this shooting. In particular the skill demonstrated by the GG. The GG went from concealed holstered weapon to firing three controlled well aimed shots over the shoulder of a co-worker and next to a woman and child from ranges between 3 to 7 meters approximately all in under 5 seconds. Awesome.

It shows the suddeness of these kinds of encounters and the skill necessary to survive them. There are also some "gunfight myths" that are obviously dispelled. Starting with the most obvious is the myth of knockdown power. As I'm sure most of you know, handguns cant knock down a human being. Even three hits of .40 S&W will not knock a man down if no vital organs or central nervous system isnt hit. Another misconception often shown on TV is that most people's reaction to gunfire is to run! Even if they are armed. This is important in my opinion because if you are in a deadly force scenario getting the first shot off, even if you miss, could save you life if the threat runs away. I believe this came up in some of the 1 vs many scenarios.

Another thing I noticed and have personally experienced was the choice of weapon. My first deadly force situation also involved a Glock 23 but I'll detail that another time. In this case the Glock 23 is a compact weapon but offers a full grip which enhances the ability of the shooter to get a firm secure grasp on the weapon when drawing and firing. Not a knock on smaller guns. But an acknowledgement that having a weapon you can control and deploy as quickly as possible is important. Also did anybody notice the number of rounds fired? From what I saw and read, 3 rounds. The Glock 23 has a 10 to 13 round capacity depending on where you live or your occupation. But only 3 of those rounds were fired. Now I realise that this one shooting is not a large enough sample size to be conclussive. However I've seen enough to form my own opinion which is that a weapon capable of holding at least 5 rounds is more than enough for self defense purposes. Thats all for now...

Thanks
    DA

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    Yes - we had a thread on this - just don't have the URL to hand.
    Here is the link to the other thread:
    CCW videos for discussion
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

[QUOTE=Zundfolge;187800]GOD the addition of the music was stupid ... what could have been a demonstration of proper response by a licensed citizen has instead been turned into a stupid music video that makes gun owners look like "kill crazed maniacs".

+1, Did he actually name the BG at the end of the video? I wonder ithis is real. In either case he ended up looking more like the thug, than the portrayed BG.

J.S.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Seen before and as stated before, Glad that the child was not injured (except maybe her hearing) in this situation...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    Seen before and as stated before, Glad that the child was not injured (except maybe her hearing) in this situation...
    Funny you say that. The first thing that crossed my mind was, "That kid is deaf now."

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Better deaf than dead, and 3 rounds aren't going to permanently deafen anybody.

Also, the angle makes it look like the kid is closer to the line of fire than she really is... but again, even if it was close in combat you have to accept some risks.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Better deaf than dead, and 3 rounds aren't going to permanently deafen anybody.

Also, the angle makes it look like the kid is closer to the line of fire than she really is... but again, even if it was close in combat you have to accept some risks.
    2nd that. Even if you were on the other side of the room the sound would be very loud.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

Original discussion with the GG's replies on GunsNet.net, goes by the username "Rooftop voter".

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274058

Links