ATM Attack - good results

This is a discussion on ATM Attack - good results within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ATM attempted robbery victim turns tables on attacker - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | Police say the victim of an attempted armed robbery at a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ATM Attack - good results

ATM attempted robbery victim turns tables on attacker - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas |

Police say the victim of an attempted armed robbery at a Shreveport ATM turned the tables on his attacker this morning, and it was all caught on camera.

It happened at the Capitol One Bank in the 4600 block of Hilry Huckaby Avenue around 8:00 a.m. in the Martin Luther King neighborhood.

The victim told police he was using the ATM machine there when he was approached by a man with a gun who demanded all of this money. The whole exchange was caught on the bank's surveillance camera. The man can be seen handing the cash he had just withdrawn to the armed man, and then withdrawing more cash at gunpoint. The gunman can be seen looking around, and it is this opportunity the victim can be seen taking advantage of the situation to gain the upper hand, grabbing for the weapon.

There was a struggle as the victim tackled the bandit and manages to wrestle his attacker to the ground and grab the gun.

He says the man took off running toward a nearby apartment complex. Police have are hoping the release of the surveillance video will help lead investigators to an arrest.

The gunman was last seen wearing a black long-sleeved top, gray jeans and black and white tennis shoes. Anyone with any information regarding this crime is urged to call Shreveport Police

The video in the link shows what happened. I was amazed at how the guy running up was just like a couple other posts we have had here that had CCW reach/react to thwart the incident. It looked like he was holding his pants up while running.

Yeah, let's hope the criminals never realize how much faster they'd be if they wore belts.
    beararms likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    These mutts never seem to learn that ATM's have cameras. I had a double homicide where the suspect flatly denied anything to do with the crime. Until we showed him the video of him trying to use the victim's ATM card. That camera has him sitting on death row.
    accessbob, beararms and wsquared like this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

An innocent man was recently robbed at an ATM. He reported that he was jumped by some crazy person while walking by the ATM. He reported the only thing taken was his handgun.
    Just trying to be fair and balanced here.

Michael
    gunthorp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    An innocent man was recently robbed at an ATM. He reported that he was jumped by some crazy person while walking by the ATM. He reported the only thing taken was his handgun.
    Just trying to be fair and balanced here.

Michael
    You may be fair and balanced but you're a little light on details. When and where did all this happen?

OH! I get it! Sarcasm!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    "...in the Martin Luther King neighborhood"

Oh, the irony!
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Notice the lack of swivel head.

I like this guy's view of ATM machine visits:

http://streetsurv.files.wordpress.co...m-machines.pdf
    accessbob likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

They should have him in a short period of time. Should have been able to see this guy coming, if you were in the least bit looking.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The force is strong in this one..

I didn't see a link with a vid, just a couple of pics...

Just another dirtbag waiting for his chance to 'check out, permanently'...it's coming!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's being hosted on YouTube and elsewhere http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ea_1332618406

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here take my wallet .... Oh wait it's a wallet holster w/a gun in it.... Bam bam bam perp dead and me calling 911.

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    "...in the Martin Luther King neighborhood"

Oh, the irony!
    Exactly..."color" me surprised...

If "victim" had gun do you believe he would have been justified in shooting BG when BG turned his back to him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links