Vagrant Attempts to Rob F.B.I. Agent

This is a discussion on Vagrant Attempts to Rob F.B.I. Agent within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He already told you he has a gun. Are you going to stand by and wait for him to shoot before you believe him? I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Vagrant Attempts to Rob F.B.I. Agent

He already told you he has a gun. Are you going to stand by and wait for him to shoot before you believe him? I won't.

NRA Member
    Gen4 G23

2. Remove Ads

I agree the guy made his bed when he told you he has a gun. BUT...if you are the only one there and shoot him then there is no gun it comes down to do they believe you or not. If one of the actors is a minority there may be howling and screaming from Mr Sharpton and friends. Not saying it is worth waiting to see if the guy is bluffing just something else to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I agree the guy made his bed when he told you he has a gun. BUT...if you are the only one there and shoot him then there is no gun it comes down to do they believe you or not. If one of the actors is a minority there may be howling and screaming from Mr Sharpton and friends. Not saying it is worth waiting to see if the guy is bluffing just something else to consider.
    Just means you need to have proper shot placement. Do your job correctly and no worries about his word over mine.

VIP Member
    @OP Can we get a link to the original story?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I'm not the OP but did find the story.

Homeless man charged after trying to rob FBI agent:

Homeless man charged after trying to rob FBI agent | The Salt Lake Tribune

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    you'd be ok unless you're confronted by a black kid prowling a neighborhood in fla, then all bets are off because facts seem to become irrelevant

^^^^^^I wasn't^^^

Going to mention this, but,,,,,,,, it could wind up just like the T/G incident.

Now you got a guy, DRT and the police looking for the reason you popped the guy.

But he told me "stick 'em up", as he stuck his finger out inside his coat pocket".
    Could be problematic, to say the least.
    Bark'n likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If someone threatens they have a gun it is considered armed robbery and the use of deadly force is justified.
    Doesn't that make the armed robery a felony whether he actually had a gun or not?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Doesn't that make the armed robery a felony whether he actually had a gun or not?
    That is correct.

14‑87. Robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons.

(a) Any person or persons who, having in possession or with the use or threatened use of any firearms or other dangerous weapon, implement or means, whereby the life of a person is endangered or threatened, unlawfully takes or attempts to take personal property from another or from any place of business, residence or banking institution or any other place where there is a person or persons in attendance, at any time, either day or night, or who aids or abets any such person or persons in the commission of such crime, shall be guilty of a Class D felony.

(b), (c) Repealed by Session Laws 1979, c. 760, s. 5.

(d) Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 539, s. 1173. (1929, c. 187, s. 1; 1975, cc. 543, 846; 1977, c. 871, ss. 1, 6; 1979, c. 760, s. 5; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1316, ss. 12, 47; 1981, c. 63, s. 1, c. 179, s. 14; 1993, c. 539, s. 1173; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Not worried about my shot placement, I assumed he was not leaving the scene outside of a bag. My concern is that there is only me as the witness, he actually has no gun, and we get a replay of the other closed threads but with Doubledown in place of Zimmerman. Again not saying it would stop me, but it is something to consider based on current attitudes and tensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    Not worried about my shot placement, I assumed he was not leaving the scene outside of a bag. My concern is that there is only me as the witness, he actually has no gun, and we get a replay of the other closed threads but with Doubledown in place of Zimmerman. Again not saying it would stop me, but it is something to consider based on current attitudes and tensions.
    Good point I didn't think about. Tough call because if you bank on him not having a gun and he does, you might be dead before you get a shot off. I guess this is another reason to carry a heavy pistol. Just whip him with it.

By him saying he has a gun I believe it's called a strong armed robbery and is a felony in Texas and that can be met with equal force

You tell me that you have a gun...who am I to doubt you?

"He then told the agent he was "just joking about having a gun, and that his hand was in his pocket," charges state.

The man was charged Friday with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor."

Those charges are NOT a joke!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You tell me that you have a gun...who am I to doubt you?

"He then told the agent he was "just joking about having a gun, and that his hand was in his pocket," charges state.

The man was charged Friday with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony, and intoxication, a class C misdemeanor."

Those charges are NOT a joke!
    One has to wonder if similar charges would have been filed had the FBI agent been a CC'er.

^ They would have been if I were the reporting LEO. Aggravated Robbery to start... If the courts want to plea it down to a seatbelt ticket, thats up to them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links