I need a break

I need a break

This is a discussion on I need a break within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been on a liberal board debating gun control and am wore out. So I figured I would come here for something easy, CC ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I need a break

I need a break

I have been on a liberal board debating gun control and am wore out. So I figured I would come here for something easy, CC vs OC

Here is the situation:

Armed robbers targeting Twin Cities neighborhood drugstores

Police, pharmacy owners fear that brazen thugs seeking OxyContin will start shooting.

Armed robbers targeting Twin Cities neighborhood drugstores | StarTribune.com

My question (from a 99% CCer) which is better for this situation?

OC with deterrence and quick easy access to your firearm. Or is that the route to being the first documented 'Shot First' case?

CC with the famed 'element of surprise' being just another customer.

My question is serious as I patronize stores in the area and consider the employees as 'work friends'

...there, this should be much easier than what does the 2A really mean
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

If there is more than one BG i'd much rather be concealed. I'll open carry if a BG ever challenges me to a duel at high noon.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

I carry concealed,I really am not going to get into an argument with somebody that thinks OC is more of a deterrent.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I'm for element of surprise. There are solid, hard core criminals out there, as well as drug crazed robbers, who won't be much punked out by the fact you have a gun on. That's just one more thing they'll leave the store with after they take it off your dead body.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Everybody likes surprises! Why tip your hand?

SURPRISE! BANG, BANG, BANG... What you don't know won't hurt you! See - BANG, BANG, BANG!
    RichB70 and msgt/ret like this.

What Dennis said x 2
    If you died today and stood in front of God and He asked you " Why should I let you into My Heaven?" what would you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisataka View Post
    I have been on a liberal board debating gun control and am wore out.
    Wow, that site must be a spectacular collision of ignorance and opinion. Liberals are very good at telling others how they should live.

I appreciate your effort, but don't waste your time. They aren't going to change their views any more than we would.

No more OC vs CC for me. As I just stated, everybody's minds are made up, and unlikely to change. Be your own dog. Be plumb honest, I'm glad to have anybody rightly carry, no matter how they choose to do it.
    Spidey2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Wow, that site must be a spectacular collision of ignorance and opinion. Liberals are very good at telling others how they should live.

On the positive side I have learned much about my upbringing, psychology, sexual confidence, closet racism, psychoses and that my parents didn't love me enough
    Badey likes this.
    -Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I appreciate your effort, but don't waste your time. They aren't going to change their views any more than we would.

No more OC vs CC for me. As I just stated, everybody's minds are made up, and unlikely to change. Be your own dog. Be plumb honest, I'm glad to have anybody rightly carry, no matter how they choose to do it.
    Totally with you- I support the right to carry no matter how you choose to exercise it.

I just wonder, since it appears these 'people' are going for soft targets, maybe OC would have an effect.
    -Ben Franklin

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I carry how I please, and appreciate the ability to do so - enough said?

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I'm a CCer. Given the opportunity, I would LOVE to OC. But, not legal in SC.

Not because I feel it gives any advantage- other than being SO very much more comfortable- but because I feel that I should be allowed to as part of my rights. That's like telling someone that they can follow whatever religion they want... but NOBODY else can know in public. I don't see a whole lot of point in it.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I do both in KY, however, I don't like people around my home knowing I have firearms in the home. Burglary target!

Why not just do both? OC something super-intimidating, like an mp5, or an uzi, or an ar pistol, then cc a BUG.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Both CC and OC have their own unique advantages and disadvantages. As far as OC being a deterrent. In some cases, I am sure it is. However, we will probably never know, because nothing happened. In some cases, OC is not a deterrent and the person carrying becomes the primary target. Just look at the officers that were killed in Lakewood, WA. There was no deterrent there.
    We as law abiding citizens have no real choice in the decision making process of the criminal. Criminals do not think like we do. All we can do is have a plan in case a criminal decides to attack us.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links