Roommates Almost Shoot My Ex-Girlfriend - Page 2

Roommates Almost Shoot My Ex-Girlfriend

This is a discussion on Roommates Almost Shoot My Ex-Girlfriend within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When you start to carry a gun, you pretty much have to let go of those kinds of irresponsible ways and friends who can create ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Roommates Almost Shoot My Ex-Girlfriend

When you start to carry a gun, you pretty much have to let go of those kinds of irresponsible ways and friends who can create trouble. It does no one any good to keep associating with people whose behavior can get you jammed up in a situation when you are carrying a gun.

It should be made clear, in no uncertain terms that she is no longer welcome at your home. Period. Have a nice life, buh bye now.

She's a lucky girl, she didn't get shot that night. Although, as others have mentioned, your two roommates should have communicated a little clearer. If she had been shot, it would have been a real tragedy to lose your life over drunken stupidity.
    Pistology and turboer like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    if someone forced themselves past my roommate knocking them down,

if someone forced themselves past my roommate, a LEO trained to control out of control people,
    who opened the door--term open door as in 'let someone in' ring a bell? and than that person forced themself
    past the LEO , well id be fearing for my life and shoot them. my only line of defense against a drunk girl, i mean the two of us--was a gun.

your last line of defense is your only action against a drunk girl---a gun

my only question to you, the shooter and the LEO is--
    are you goung to take the plea for 5 years or go triple or nothing with a jury?

the jury is certainly going to understand two young men, one a trained Cop, killing a young girl
    who came in through a door that was opened for her by the two of you...
    I don't know who is barging into the house, I don't know they are drunk, i know a LEO was just assulted and pushed to the ground, I know the person is now charging me, if they are not responding to commands, late at night, and charging me, after assaulting someone else, then guess what. I have reason to believe I am in danger and need to stop that danger.
    TaterSalad likes this.
    Criminals don't care, not about your life, not about your stuff, not about your animals.....

They are like politiicans, as long as they get what they want, they don't care.

Should have called the POPO. Have her taken in for drunk and disordly. Life changing event would perhaps get her in a program.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Another situation where leaving the door locked and unopened would have been best.

Sounds like your room mates blew an opportunity for an easy score.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Sounds like your room mates blew an opportunity for an easy score.
    I wouldn't recommend it. If she doesn't take care of herself any better than described, you don't know what kind of nastys she might be infected with
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Until she hits her'bottom' she will continue drinking,you made the right decision to end the relationship,it could take years before she finally admits she has a problem and gets help,then again she may end up killing herself or an innocent person in a DUI wreck.
    There are numerous incidents of Drunks trying to breakin to the wrong house and getting shot for it.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    SO why couldn't two young men restrain a woman who pushes her way into the home? One of them is a LEO. Seriously? I would be a little nervous living next to you guys.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragongtr View Post
    I don't know who is barging into the house, I don't know they are drunk, i know a LEO was just assulted and pushed to the ground, I know the person is now charging me, if they are not responding to commands, late at night, and charging me, after assaulting someone else, then guess what. I have reason to believe I am in danger and need to stop that danger.
    but you DO know....the OP was very clear on that...

tp quoyte from the OP: they noticed my ex-girlfriend was back at the front door, beating on it. The LEO approached the door while my other roommate stood back in the hallway with a clear view of the door. My roommate turned on the porch light, looked through the door/window, saw it was my ex, and unlocked the door. As he began to open it, she pushed it open
    may i suggest you read twice before posting. its a mistake made by some once...
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

How about a chain on the door? Last person in puts it on!

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    sad word, almost...........
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    The ex-girlfriend mentioned is a 21 year old I dated for 4-5 months last year. I ended it for many reasons, but at the top of the list was her excessive drinking and reckless behavior. (Drinking and driving, visiting shady and unsafe bars, associating with people I don't consider to be upstanding citizens, etc...) She was upset about it for a while according to our mutual friends, but eventually got over it. I saw her a few times after, but a couple months had passed since I saw her and since she visited our house.

....We have already informed her that she is no longer welcome at our house and I have since raised my standards for who I date.
    Perfect. Others say to intervene. She's not at a place that your intervention can reach. The time is past. "Not Welcome" is the intervention. You're right to get on with your life. If she is such a blot on your local landscape, then maybe your good life may affect her as a good example. Live as a good example. Sometimes that's all that you can do when under pressure.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    I wouldn't recommend it. If she doesn't take care of herself any better than described, you don't know what kind of nastys she might be infected with
    lame

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    SO why couldn't two young men restrain a woman who pushes her way into the home? One of them is a LEO. Seriously? I would be a little nervous living next to you guys.
    I've seen a 5'8" 125 lb female completely smashed (on something) kick the crap out of a 6'5" 275lb guy before. Sometimes alcohol/drugs allow a person to exhibit unreal strength and resolve. We don't know if this is the case or not. I agree they *should* of been able to restrain her, but unless we're on the ground in the situation, we're nothing more than armchair quarterbacks or trolls.

To OP....you may need to get a TRO or something against her. I know it's not very "manly" to get one against an ex-gf, but at the end of the day...it could potentially be the best way to move fwd with your life AND also cover yourself legally. That and if she shows up afterwards, then should could have additional "help" getting into jail, which may ultimately save her life.

In either case....move forward and take care of yourself and let what happens with her, happen....as long as it doesn't involve you, your friends, or your property.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRed7 View Post
    I've seen a 5'8" 125 lb female completely smashed (on something) kick the crap out of a 6'5" 275lb guy before. Sometimes alcohol/drugs allow a person to exhibit unreal strength and resolve. We don't know if this is the case or not. I agree they *should* of been able to restrain her, but unless we're on the ground in the situation, we're nothing more than armchair quarterbacks or trolls.
    How dare you call an armchair quarterback an armchair quarterback. Pro tip: That's what a scenario-based discussion board is all about.

If you've seen such an encounter and are smart (like any LEO should be), then you would know the best way to avoid a potential assault is to simply leave your door locked, turn out the lights, and go back to bed. But, everyone thinks it's sooooo much fun to have the drama. Sure, keep looking for ways to justify shooting some feckless drunk girlfriend you recognized before opening the door. I'd bet that would make you feel so good.

There are more drama queens in this scenario than armchair quarterbacks commenting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links