Possible home invasion last night real situation

This is a discussion on Possible home invasion last night real situation within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How did all the lights get turned on?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Possible home invasion last night real situation

How did all the lights get turned on?

2. Remove Ads

I think you responded excellently. Ask you FIL to let you know who else is on the contact list and maybe get to know each other. I had a clinic in North Milwaukee and I never liked being over there at night.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    I think you did a great job......

One suggestion..... Maybe you should ask you FIL who else is on the security company call list......maybe you should all become acquainted with each other to lessen the possibity of a tragic situation in the future....

^^^^^I'm in this camp^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was neglectful of the FIL to not bring everyone in on the loop on this deal, and by doing so could have gotten somebody shot.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I say good call on your part.
    You are not LEO.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

You handled it all fine.

Well, your father should have told you who is ALL on the call list. That would have been nice.

Second, dont' assume a faulty alarm or sensor. It's not uncommon for someone to set off alarms and see who comes, how long it takes to react, etc. And, to make you very tired of responding to them.

My father had one go off about 20th time at his business ..... and going to check it. The 21st time, it was real ... and he told them to ignore the alarm.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Knowing that neither your FIL nor family were in danger due to the empty house, you did exactly the right thing. Nothing but material items were at risk.

Sounds like you did good to me. I like that you didnt feel the need to jump out and start doing the job of the LEO. Smart move as that would not have been defensive and if it were a burglary could have ended badly. Glad it ended well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links