Defensive Carry banner

The horror of being unarmed in a real life situation

3K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  TattooWings 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Ironic article post by a domain name registered in the UK (where citizen gun ownership is outlawed). Still sad to hear.

Cheers.

#7 ·
There already has been an anti-gun statement. Some politician saying that guns have to be taken off the street. No mention about "legal" guns or legal CCW, just guns. It is sick what happened, and sicker to see politicians using it to try and disarm people in Philadelphia. With the environment in Phila, it is like Phila should be given up from PA and handed over to PR-NJ.

#6 ·
Exactly why we need to think out some senarios and be armed. Sometimes trouble finds you, not the other way around.

#8 · (Edited)
This situation happened because a criminal disregarded all laws and sensibilities. Disarming the remaining law-abiding citizens will merely clear the path for such criminals, resulting in increased crime. Yet, politicians believe it in the best interest of law-abiding citizens to be disarmed. WTH are they thinking.

#14 ·
Philly...

what a great place to get mugged...

Mmmmmmm...isn't that where they have 'extra gun control'?

I feel badly for the victims...

Stay safe...stay armed!

ret:urla9ub:

#15 ·
That's reason number 23,456,789 to carry a gun. You never know when something bad is going to happen. If the couple had been armed, the rapist would be dead & the others alive.

To those that don't carry ALL the time......WHY NOT?

To those that don't carry at all..........WHY NOT?

Most of us have insurance on the car, in case of accident.
Most of us have insurance on our house, in case of fire.
Most of us wear a coat when it's cold.
Most of us _________ (you fill in the blank).....

So why doesn't everybody have the tools to defend themselves?

If the GGs did, there would not be any BGs.

Most people though, it's sad to say are :sheep: . They are either in denial that bad can & does happen to innocents EVERYDAY....or...they think government will save them.

I know that the odds of the ones that do carry ever needing to use the weapon are slim. But I also know the odds of winning the lottery are even higher.....So I'll keep my dollar & keep carrying my firearm, because I'll need the gun long before I ever win the lottery.

#16 ·
There would still be Bad Guys in this world, regardless of whether every law abiding citizen armed themselves. Some law abiding people may turn ugly, and other criminals will try and get what they want, only to be shot down by an armed citizen. It'll help slow down crime, but it won't prevent it entirely.
I feel bad for the couple and the girl who got raped. Good people shouldn't have to go through things like that. The emotional stress is just too much. What an evil world we live in.

Stay Safe, Stay Armed!

#18 ·
I remember reading this earlier and do feel sorry for the couple and the rape victim. I also agree that if the couple did carry things would have turned out much differently. The BG would be one less for us to feed while he sits in prison being some other BG's B**ch.

#19 ·
And because this happened in the UK, the man (assuming he would be the one to be armed) would likely spend the rest of his life in prison in the UK for "murder".

Situations like that will continue to happen until citizens enmasse in the UK get fed up and start voting for real change.

The reality, considering how the Leftists rule over there, is that it isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

#20 ·
Umm... it happened in Philadelphia, PA. One more reason to get a non-rez FLA permit, in case you ever find yourself in the "city of brotherly love".

#22 ·
How right you are. Usually, I typically assume that the location of the newspaper is where an event occured.

Now the fun game is to try to figure out if the UK newspaper ran the story to illustrate the "evil" of guns and therefore show that the UK laws are supposedly best...

...or, perhaps someone on the paper is on "our" side and wanted their readers to see that the time has come for people to be able to defend themselves.

Hard to say.

#23 ·
I believe there is in England, just as there is here, a well represented contingent on both sides of the issues.

I was looking for leather tooling information when I found a Brit who manufactures holsters for concealed carry! He has a very interesting write up on the events which precipicated the all-out gun ban in his country here.
Trust me; get through the entire article. I believe it is well written, as is most of his site.

His holsters look decent also.

#24 ·
"returned home to find in their driveway...." were they driving? or were they walking? If they were driving they were armed with a massive weapon and escape vehicle.... perhaps they should have fled the scene and called the police. without getting out of the car. But then if they were walking then it is a mute point.

#25 ·
Brit who manufactures holsters for concealed carry!
Didn't go check but that is I think Andy Aratoonian - I met him back in the late 80's when his gear (Horseshoe leather) was about the top notch available for rigs.

His work is known probably in many countries and so he has been able to keep the business going. Good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.