Fixed Blade Knife and funny behavior

This is a discussion on Fixed Blade Knife and funny behavior within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Caertaker With respect to Parkingson's they have been experimenting with placing electrodes in the brain to help control the tremors. Electrode Placement ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Fixed Blade Knife and funny behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    With respect to Parkingson's they have been experimenting with placing electrodes in the brain to help control the tremors.
    Electrode Placement Key to Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Patients - US News and World Report
    It's past the experimental stage, IIRC my Dad's implant was in 04. Yeah the neurostimulator for Parkinson's is an amazing medical device. Four tiny wires are implanted about an inch into the brain and the controller is implanted in the chest much like a pacemaker. I could control my dad's symptoms... dial him in if you will with a remote control held at the chest. It changes the amplitude which delivers more or less stimulation to the brain. I could juice up the amps and instantly the jerking motions would cease. It really helped his quality of life after the Parkinson's had progressed. I wished I knew nothing at all about this devastating disease but sadly I do.

Here is a pic of the Medtronics Remote Control that I kept (don't know why)

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

2. Remove Ads

Yeah I know a few Outlaws and angles...they are all pretty cool guys and as weird as it sounds...good people who will do anything for a friend. They just free up in a different environment than most and went the only way they knew. I'm not saying I approve of all of it, but to many people judge before they know facts about a person or really get to imo someone

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Not quite true. There many three-piece patched clubs that are for LEOs, military, and other groups. To be legitimate, however, their colors (three piece design) must be approved by the dominant club in the area to avoid trouble. The dominant club in my area is the Hells Angels.
    You're not saying that a LEO club needs permission from the Hells Angels for their patch are you? Maybe I read that wrong.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    You're not saying that a LEO club needs permission from the Hells Angels for their patch are you? Maybe I read that wrong.
    Technically yes. I can't tell you any more as it violates some club rules to talk about club business, but yes, that's the tradition, and it's treated like a rule or law. Even the biker LEOs I know acknowledge this requirement.

P.S. I am NOT a LEO biker, but am good friends with a whole lot of them.

Hmm, interesting
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Technically yes. I can't tell you any more as it violates some club rules to talk about club business, but yes, that's the tradition, and it's treated like a rule or law. Even the biker LEOs I know acknowledge this requirement.

P.S. I am NOT a LEO biker, but am good friends with a whole lot of them.
    Do you know the secret handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Do you know the secret handshake?
    In actuality, I do. Join the club(s) and learn it, too!

In actuality, I do. Join the club(s) and learn it, too!
    No offense, but I gave up on group acceptance somewhere between my 16th and 20th year. It's just not my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    No offense, but I gave up on group acceptance somewhere between my 16th and 20th year. It's just not my thing.
    No offense taken. It's like the Lions Club, Belvedere Country Club, or the Freemasons. Some enjoy the varied activities and group fun, others don't. I am a memeber of a professional society and a civic group as well. I enjoy the benefits of job networking in my professional society, the benefits of being able to influence town policies with my civic group, and the fun of group trips and activities on a motorcycle.
    Yankeejib likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links