How do you CCW when jogging?

This is a discussion on How do you CCW when jogging? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I gotta ask. Anyone jog here who also carry's while doing so? Is a fanny pack the only option?...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How do you CCW when jogging?

Question How do you CCW when jogging?

Ok, I gotta ask. Anyone jog here who also carry's while doing so? Is a fanny pack the only option?
    RIP Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Ok, I gotta ask. Anyone jog here who also carry's while doing so? Is a fanny pack the only option?
    No, I carry exactly as I do at all other times, with a Glock holstered in a Brommeland Max-Con V IWB.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

(Tongue firmly in cheek)...

You lost me at jogging. A fast walk is the best I can do.

But there are MANY options for those with knees that work.

What is this jogging of which you speak?
    BkCo1, MleeC, MNewkirk and 2 others like this.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

I think it may be a silent j
    Madcap_Magician likes this.
    so, about my sammich.......

VIP Member
    I have been known to jog to the table at dinner time, other than that I keep it to a fast walk.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would think you could use some athletic tape on a DeSantis holster and an LCP. I don't jog, but I can say the LCP I hardly notice doing anything at all. I like weak hand back pocket. I've practiced and this works for me.
    Jim

I'm thinking running pants would not support anything but a small pocket pistol or they'd soon be around your ankles! How about using the belly band holster? Sweat would be a concern unless OVER a tshirt, concealed by sweatshirt?

Mike1956,
    Looking online for a picture of your holster...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

I don't carry when I run. Endorphin's normally kick in and I listen to music. Plus I am a male, carry no money. Just don't feel the need. I am sure someone can google where a male runner with no money on him got attacked. But seriously. I will hit the Powerball before my chances of getting attacked happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    I'm thinking running pants would not support anything but a small pocket pistol or they'd soon be around your ankles! How about using the belly band holster? Sweat would be a concern unless OVER a tshirt, concealed by sweatshirt?

Mike1956,
    Looking online for a picture of your holster...
    Correct on the running pants. I run (and walk, and bicycle) in belt-loop equipped shorts, and use my Wilderness Instructor belt to secure the holster and pistol. Here are a few pics:
    Brommeland nahan Glock.jpgbrommeland jeans exposed.jpgbrommeland on khakies.jpg
    Tuco

Check out the Belly Band: Belly Band Holster - The Original Bellyband - Concealment Holsters and the PT-1 or PT-2 from Pistol Wear: www.pistolwear.com Home Page
    Gunga Galunga

Part of the issue is positioning: select your jogging locations in a way that would minimize the threat. (Don't jog in rough areas...) Of course, even in the nicest, most well lit area, you could still be confronted. Additionally, there's the chance that someone else's rotweiller or pit bull will get a wild hair and come after you. So carrying while jogging is a good thing.

That being said, I carry a S&W BG380 in a belly band . At the 5 o'clock position, inside the band of my shorts, I really don't notice it once I start my run. No bouncing, shifting, or unbalanced weight . It works great. I used to carry a Glock 26 in the same configuration, and it worked well too. Just wanted to go a little less weight, so I switched to the BG380.

To each his own but I have to ask this. And it is for the male runners (I can perfectly understand a female carrying protection). Do you really feel that you might need to defend yourself while running? I mean I carry 2 bucks in my tiny pocket in my running shorts or pants and a 30 dollar mp3 player. I can not imagine the odds of needing a weapon to protect me from 2 legged predators. Not saying doesn't happen. Funny thing is the first hit I found where a male was attacked was 1 year ago in the city I grew up in and ran cross country as a kid.
    I have been an avid runner for 35 years (marathons and ultra marathons) and it is such a rare occurrence it is darn close to zero a male will be attacked.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    To each his own but I have to ask this. And it is for the male runners (I can perfectly understand a female carrying protection). Do you really feel that you might need to defend yourself while running? I mean I carry 2 bucks in my tiny pocket in my running shorts or pants and a 30 dollar mp3 player. I can not imagine the odds of needing a weapon to protect me from 2 legged predators. Not saying doesn't happen. Funny thing is the first hit I found where a male was attacked was 1 year ago in the city I grew up in and ran cross country as a kid.
    I have been an avid runner for 35 years (marathons and ultra marathons) and it is such a rare occurrence it is darn close to zero a male will be attacked.
    I shouldn't carry because you have never had a problem?
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I shouldn't carry because you have never had a problem?
    That is not what I said. Or meant. I said that it is a rare occurence for a male to be attacked while jogging. Go ahead and look up the very rare cases when it has happened. And I don't care what somebody does as long it is legal.
    My question was
    Do you really feel that you might need to defend yourself while running?
    I mean you are male so rape is almost out of the equation.
    Folks normally don't rob you for running shoes. They save that for expensive trendy basetball shoes.
    Runners are not known for carrying vast amounts of cash.
    As a runner, you most likely know your routes and/or have a choice of changing them to avoid "bad sections" of town.

I guess as far as an activity , being a male out for a jog is about the safest thing you can do on this planet.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links