Armed Robber shot by a Police Officer

This is a discussion on Armed Robber shot by a Police Officer within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jaksvalk Maybe its my inexperience but if I was just shot in the chest I think it would be painful to be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Armed Robber shot by a Police Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaksvalk View Post
    Maybe its my inexperience but if I was just shot in the chest I think it would be painful to be waving my arms around.It just does not seem real to me.
    I think the kid figured out that he was in real trouble. His legs never moved. I'm thinking the shot was a bulls-eye COM with a hit on the spine.

2. Remove Ads

Wow that kid went down like a ton of bricks. I am wondering if he hit him in the spine. Yikes this video does go to show that practice inside of 5 yards is smart.

VIP Member
    With regards to the suspect waving his arms, from the looks of it he was trying to breathe. You notice he unzipped/ripped open the hoodie trying to get more air.

If, which it looks like he was hit in the spine, everything from that point down was either not working or in the process of shutting down including his diaphragm which without that the lungs will not work.

I just watched it again and if will notice after he goes down there is no voluntary movement of his lower body at all. His feet go limp, watch the left foot rotate outwards, from that point on any movement of the feet is simply sympathetic to the movement of the upper body.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a gun in the hand of the perp. He comes in and lays a bag on the counter. Since there is no sound, I can only imagine that after putting the bag down on the counter, he announced that he was robbing the place. The cop then turns and shoots the perp. I don't know but IMO if this were to happen in this country, I think the cop gets charged with manslaughter, or at minimum abuse of police powers or violation of the perps civil rights. Don't know but I'm I missing some detail?

It looks like he has a knife in his hand. I agree with you that any LEO in the US would be put on the "hot seat".

Reality of a shooting. The BG just died right at his feet..A good shot on the part of the officer...

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I thought I saw something in his left hand when he came in, and then the cop moves close to him on the ground and steps on something and drags it away, maintaining custudy under his foot. If it was a knife, then he was completely justified. We have all heard/read about how quickly you can close the distance and attack with a knife when compared to drawing and shooting.
    Walk softly ...

It looks like a knife, and in fact the LEO does secure it with his foot. The thing that strikes me the most, is that the perp never steps in the direction of the LEO, but steps away from the counter and further away from the LEO. It seems like a weird way to hold up a place. I never see the perp threaten anyone in the place with the knife either.

One less repeat offender...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Okay, now lets guess what kind of gun it is to determine the caliber and then we can play the caliber war! hahaha.....

VIP Member
    It looks like a Beretta 92 or a copy of. If any computer gurus out there can make the pic bigger to be positive please do.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    It looks like a Beretta 92 or a copy of. If any computer gurus out there can make the pic bigger to be positive please do.
    I would assume that is a Taurus PT92... Since it is in Brazil and Taurus has a factory there.

VIP Member
    Swelly good point

Quote Originally Posted by bolocanolo View Post
    It looks like a knife, and in fact the LEO does secure it with his foot. The thing that strikes me the most, is that the perp never steps in the direction of the LEO, but steps away from the counter and further away from the LEO. It seems like a weird way to hold up a place. I never see the perp threaten anyone in the place with the knife either.
    I ran that video at least 2 dozen times and it does indeed look to be a knife or chrome plated pistol in the Bad Guys hand. Which would be his right hand since the video is shot in a mirror. (Probably to help conceal the cameras presence.)

As for the Bad Guy walking away from the Cop, it looks to me that he was looking for a way around the counter to get to the clerks, to force his intentions or take a life. The Cop didn't wait for him to get any closer to any potential victims and it appears that once the Bad Guy announced his intentions it was "Game On"!

I also think the Cop shot him in the right shoulder (actually the left shoulder since it's a mirrored image) at an angle which cave the bullet a straight path to the spine. Hence Bad Guy becomes instant floor tile. And you can see the Bad guy screams after he hits the floor. It does look like the Officer directed the Bad Guy to unzipp his hoodie to check for more weapons.

If you, look closely see if you see the back of the hoodie bulge out at point of gunshot. Which would indicate human flesh bulging from the foriegn objects sudden introduction to the internal layer of skin.

Would love to hear the sound trac so I can get my daughter in law to translate.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Well, the BG had his share of problems, but his family said he was trying to get his life together. The cop murdered him for no reason!
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links