Elevator Nightmare 2

Elevator Nightmare 2

This is a discussion on Elevator Nightmare 2 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Inspired by Elevator nightmare Here is the scenario. Something like this happened to me many years ago. ( wasn’t packing) Many of the details where ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Ex Member Array Helpless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    47

    Exclamation Elevator Nightmare 2

    Inspired by Elevator nightmare

    Here is the scenario. Something like this happened to me many years ago. ( wasn’t packing) Many of the details where different, but the over all scenario was the same. Fortunately it turned out okay in the end.

    You and your significant other are out of town, you are returning to your hotel room after seeing a show and it is late. You are still in your home state and you are perfectly legal.
    You two are alone in the elevator when it nears your floor. You carry concealed, but your SO does not.

    As the elevator comes to a stop you here voices outside the door. When the door opens you notice three young (mid 20s) males. These are the guys...

    Here is a visual (pick any combo of three of these guys)

    (these guys ARE all actual murderers. They killed a 19 year old girl)

    When the door opens they stop talking at notice you and your SO, You make eye contact so as not to be rude you say something alone the lines of “Hey guys, it’s all yours!” being on yellow, you take note as one of the guys glaces over to the other and as if to communicate something without talking.
    and begin to step off with your arm firmly around your SO and try to act like nothing doing...

    Some of you may say not to say anything and keep to yourself, I however find that people like these guys take that as disrespect. So I will always try to be cool with everyone and hope for the best. Besides they already looked at you and made eye contact...

    Just as you step off one of the guys sticks his hand on your chest and gently pushes you backward as if he is trying to get you back into the elevator. As he does this one of the others says, something along the lines of “ You guys in a hurry to get someplace?” Your SO squeezes you tight. As you see the third guy glance down each end of the hall and then back to you as they begin forcing you back into the elevator….

    You quickly realize that the two of you are about to be a victim…

    Now what?
    Last edited by Helpless; September 5th, 2006 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Added the part about one guy glancing at the other...


  2. #2
    Ex Member Array Helpless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    47
    I know the weapon will be coming out pretty quick I am wondering who will shoot first and who will give a warning. Granted they could be carrying as well and prob are, so you better be fast. After thinking this over I dont think there is a good way to handle it. It is over all a pretty dark situation for all involved.

  3. #3
    Member Array gotammo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    443
    you could be screwed, if you get into the elevator you have no room to act. You could drop back into the elevator while drawing however unless you SO knows what you are planning it may be a hostage situation. Are you in a hurry to get somewher the answer to the question is yes I think I'm going to puke they may want your money but they don't want your dinner, if he drops his hand then make your next move whether it is getting off the elevator or going for your gun.

  4. #4
    TPO
    TPO is offline
    Member Array TPO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    26
    I agree with the speaking quietly, politely and civilly to all. It sometimes has an effect on those quick to take disrespect issues. My wife knows not to cling on me in fright. She would be scared as would I but we have done similar drills. Her hand would already be in her purse with the good doctor. I would step back while slicing #1 BG's forearm with my lefthand and reaching with my right hand for my good doctor. She will start shooting to my left at unoccuppied targets as I shoot to my right. We might be hurt but hopefully with GOD's blessing we will prevail. Known murders as the scenario states do not get any consideration unless it is to my advantage and or situational requirements. My wife does not have any experience at killing anyone; but I am certain she will not hesitate. She doesn't like knives but "loves" her Glock as I "love" mine (the good doctors). Due to my job we pretty much live in yellow and/or orange condition in public.

  5. #5
    Ex Member Array Helpless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by TPO View Post
    I agree with the speaking quietly, politely and civilly to all. It sometimes has an effect on those quick to take disrespect issues. My wife knows not to cling on me in fright. She would be scared as would I but we have done similar drills. Her hand would already be in her purse with the good doctor. I would step back while slicing #1 BG's forearm with my lefthand and reaching with my right hand for my good doctor. She will start shooting to my left at unoccuppied targets as I shoot to my right. We might be hurt but hopefully with GOD's blessing we will prevail. Known murders as the scenario states do not get any consideration unless it is to my advantage and or situational requirements. My wife does not have any experience at killing anyone; but I am certain she will not hesitate. She doesn't like knives but "loves" her Glock as I "love" mine (the good doctors). Due to my job we pretty much live in yellow and/or orange condition in public.
    I think it is great to have a plan for situations like this. I think that this situation with out some understanding by both of you would get at least one of you killed. the clingy thing alwasy makes it worse. You are right about that. I have been beaten pretty bad because a girl would not let me go. Needless to say I dumped her (this was in highschool many years ago)

    Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    you could be screwed, if you get into the elevator you have no room to act. You could drop back into the elevator while drawing however unless you SO knows what you are planning it may be a hostage situation. Are you in a hurry to get somewher the answer to the question is yes I think I'm going to puke they may want your money but they don't want your dinner, if he drops his hand then make your next move whether it is getting off the elevator or going for your gun.
    I like faking the puke, might work. But you are putting yourself out there if they dont buy it..

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array Zundfolge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    516
    Best plan for this situation is to not use elevators in secluded places/late at night.

  7. #7
    Ex Member Array Helpless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Best plan for this situation is to not use elevators in secluded places/late at night.

    Wow! oay fine you walk up the stairs and then as you open the door to your floor you are confronted with the same situation.

  8. #8
    VIP Member
    Array goawayfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fork Union, Virginia
    Posts
    2,695
    My wife carries, so the BGs would have two armed 'victims' to contend with.

    However, to play along with your scene..........As soon as the 1st BG put his hand on me, I would have moved back quickly (get some space from BGs) & drawn my weapon.

    Once the BGs hand is on my person his intent will be unfriendly & my response will be as well!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,805

    As Soon As His Hand "Assaults" Me...

    the talking stops. Out numbered 3 or 4 to one 60 year old will serve as my defense here in Florida!

    I desire to harm no man, but that means I do not want to be touched, shoved, or grabbed, assaulted, or robbed, etc. These actions are hard to sort out...are you going to ask about the intentions?

    There is only one option I have...end the threat!

    One on one, I may give a little...but this stuff is no game! Thinking too late may just be your 'last thought'!

    "I feared for my life, and I thought I was going to die!" I will be glad to talk with you officer, as soon as my lawyer arrives!

    ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  10. #10
    Ex Member Array Helpless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    the talking stops. Out numbered 3 or 4 to one 60 year old will serve as my defense here in Florida!

    I desire to harm no man, but that means I do not want to be touched, shoved, or grabbed, assaulted, or robbed, etc. These actions are hard to sort out...are you going to ask about the intentions?

    There is only one option I have...end the threat!

    One on one, I may give a little...but this stuff is no game! Thinking too late may just be your 'last thought'!

    "I feared for my life, and I thought I was going to die!" I will be glad to talk with you officer, as soon as my lawyer arrives!

    ret

    Hell yes.

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,221
    Yep, I would let the situation begin to take its course. At first site of a weapon, I would push the wife to the floor and start shooting. If no weapon and the headbutt to the first guy didn't stop an attack, I would shoot.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Prescott, AZ
    Posts
    1,692
    Quick draw, scream obscenities about backing off. If one of them does anything except turn tail and run like hell, they are f'ing toast. I make no apolgies about that act. You have your back ot a wall - even in a state where you have a duty to retreat, you have no way to get around it. Back against the wall in a confined space and you're being cornered? Then fight like a rabid, cornered dog.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array cagueits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    911
    +1 on SixBravo

    After a few Elevator Nightmares I've had in the last year (the one a couple weeks ago being the closest one to using deadly force), I have made it a point to get ready to draw as doors are opening if I am by myself/with significant others; if no threat, but there is actually someone coming into the elevator, just fake a back injury and keep going about your bussiness (most sheep are in condition white and won't notice you were about to draw a firearm).

  14. #14
    Member Array vanilla_gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    119
    I have learned many times over (not all personal experience) that sudden, ferocious attack is the way to survive. There is no time for half-measures and talk. If I am being assaulted, I will respond with every bit of rage I can muster, and I will fight. In the words of a famous man, I will "drive my enemy before me, and hear the lamentation of his women."
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

  15. #15
    Ex Member Array Ghost Who Walks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post
    ... In the words of a famous man, I will "drive my enemy before me, and hear the lamentation of his women."
    Yeah, that would be the gun-hating, anti-Second Amendment, gubernator of Kalifornia!

    From the movie, 'Conan, The Barbarian' -

    'Mongol Warlord: 'Conan, what is best in life?' '
    'Conan: 'To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!' '


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Elevator Pitch?
    By B2K in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
  2. The Elevator
    By JonInNY in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 14th, 2008, 05:35 PM
  3. Elevator Scenario
    By TRICKORMATE in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: September 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
  4. Elevator Nightmare
    By cagueits in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: April 9th, 2007, 07:20 PM
  5. Elevator joke
    By osanmike in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Search tags for this page

avoidance bernard getz

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors