Punk jumping on the roof of my car - Page 2

Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a discussion on Punk jumping on the roof of my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a sucky situation that's for sure. If you attempt to detain them it's two against one, and if they they are high on ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a sucky situation that's for sure. If you attempt to detain them it's two against one, and if they they are high on something they may decide to attack you. You would then be forced to defend yourself and given what's going on in Florida right now I don't think I want to roll the dice on that.

You could just get in the car, do a peel out and dump there sorry butts on the pavement!

I guess the 911 call and phone video of their faces is the best way to go. Pepper spray, especially the stuff with the marking dye would be great also!
    sdprof likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I like to think that this is what paintball guns were made for

In all seriousness though, you handled this well. Doing something that could have landed you in jail or worse would have only made a sticky situation out of nothing (not that kids denting your roof is nothing, but you were in no conceivable danger). I agree that a video of them would have been the best route, and a visit to the school for identification with the principal's office.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    Michael P. Fay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Water Hose.................
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    This is a sucky situation that's for sure. If you attempt to detain them it's two against one, and if they they are high on something they may decide to attack you. You would then be forced to defend yourself and given what's going on in Florida right now I don't think I want to roll the dice on that.

You could just get in the car, do a peel out and dump there sorry butts on the pavement!

I guess the 911 call and phone video of their faces is the best way to go. Pepper spray, especially the stuff with the marking dye would be great also!
    Exactly, two against one and not wanting to escalate the problem any more. Keeping in mind I do have my gun on my person, and for fear my gun would be taken if it gotten physical.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I wish I was thinking clear enough to have thought of this.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Yes, I am thinking that would have been a good time to discover you had a sudden need to wash your car. With a pressure washer.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    Singapore, where 30 k/mph does NOT mean 31 k/mph.
    goldshellback likes this.

I agree with the other posters video it first so you have proof it did happen and who was doing it then apprehend one of them. Under Texas law you can detain a criminal until the authorities come (basically citizens arrest) but check the laws in your state to make sure you know your rights

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Being a bit of a gardener I probably bought too expensive of a hose for my needs. I'd hate to cut off a length of it just to flog a couple punks. That's their parents job.
    nhcruffler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I live near a high school and one afternoon I heard some thumping outside my back door. As I go to investigate I find two punks jumping on the roof of my car in my driveway. As I yell at them they turn to me flip me the finger and continued to jump on the roof of my car. Well this went on for several mintues, long enough for me to confront them, run back into the house and grab my phone and speak to the LEO as they where still jumping on my car.

Anyways, As much as I wanted to let these punks know just how close they were, to getting a gun drawn on them if this situation became life threating, I just held back and called the LEO and filed a report.

I felt completely helpless, How would others have handled this?
    consider getting less than lethal weapons to use on thugs like this, pepper sprays are an example

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Being a bit of a gardener I probably bought too expensive of a hose for my needs. I'd hate to cut off a length of it just to flog a couple punks. That's their parents job.
    Thats the problem with these kids .... half of them don't know who their parents are .... very sad.

I realize state laws are dofferent but in general, what are citizen legally allowed to do in this situation? I mentioned trying to detain one of them, but with them being minors I'm sure you could get in some kind of trouble for an adult harming a minor regardless of situation. Is pepper spray excess force since you are not in danger? I believe you could shoot them in Texas but not sure this would qualify as defending your property since they didn't seem to make an effort to steal the car(although shooting them is not necessary)

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    The garden hose sounds like a good idea- "Needed to wash their dirty footprints off my car". Record the whole thing. Get video of them, get video of you telling them to get off the car, and their refusal.

If they're seniors, you could beat the mess out of them.

--What happened to the days where adults could grab kids by the ear and hold them until their parents/the police arrived? If you tried that now you would get SO sued it wouldn't be funny.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    I'm still trying to fathom two kids jumping up and down on my car and giving me the finger...

Let's hope that never happens to me...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links