Punk jumping on the roof of my car - Page 4

Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a discussion on Punk jumping on the roof of my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 Do you think you were randomly selected, or was there a reason they chose your car to dance on? I'm wondering ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Do you think you were randomly selected, or was there a reason they chose your car to dance on?

I'm wondering if you can expect their return. Either way, now is the time to put a plan together. I'd start with talking with the local LEO's. They're often happy to step up patrols for a 30-day period. Maybe think about some deer-cams and motion-detector lights. Evil seems to come in younger packages these days, the next time may not be just vandalism.
    I truly believe it was just a random act showing off. And that my car was parked in the driveway this day because I was off of work.
    After i settled down I was able to push my roof back out, just now it's adorning some lovely creases.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I truly believe it was just a random act showing off. And that my car was parked in the driveway this day because I was off of work.
    After i settled down I was able to push my roof back out, just now it's adorning some lovely creases.
    I am truly sorry that this happened to you. 'Hope you've seen the last of them.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRhino View Post
    If the kids are that bad in your area, the adults cant be much better. Sounds like you need to move, especially if you have kids yourself.
    I would love to move, but this isn't an option right now. Have and Elderly parent I take care of, and I will not allow her to live in Milwaukee so I house her in the Suburbs.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    ^^^ From the Dan Quayle school of spelling...

Jus pokin at ya sir.
    pleased am i that someone noticed.....and so fast
    Stubborn likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Could you shoot them with bean bag rounds from a 12 gauge?

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Not sure of the legality of it, but it sounds like a terrible idea.

Amazon.com: Havahart 5265 Spray Away Motion Detector Sprinkler Animal Repellent: Patio, Lawn & Garden

It's a sprinkler on a motion sensor. Won't hurt anyone, but might soak them down a bit next time.

cj
    Camera and a phone call would be my choice. On a related note, I'm keeping an eye out for a cell phone with a better camera...meanwhile since most of my time is spent at home, I've usually got a number of cameras within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Not sure of the legality of it, but it sounds like a terrible idea.
    Stopping someone from destroying my property isn't a terrible idea. Also, it was sort of a joke.

This thread brought up a great point... How many of us are prepared for a "punk kid" scenario like the OP mentioned? Im not, or wasn't until this post. As soon as I get home tonight I'm saving or deleting all my excess video from my iPhone, I'm already out of space and would not be able to record "punk kid" acts in progress should they happen right now. Up until now I've always had to delete something in order to record something new, which is not condusive to the OPs situation.

OP, I think you handled yourself very professionally.

PPKheat, great idea!

To those who recommend pellet guns and paintball.... Maybe if this were the 1960's, but in this day and age you'll likely be paying for these hoodlums rimz from all the lawsuits you'd soon face. I'm not saying its right, but it is what it is....
    sid1 likes this.

Subscribing for good ideas........
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    Singapore. And he darn well never did it again....
    Stubborn and Hoganbeg like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I'm not so sure you could legally shoot them with anything, not paint balls or BB's or pellets.
    I'm in the pepper spray camp on this, or perhaps some 50/50 amonia and water in a spray bottle...don't know if it will stop delinquints from jumping on cars, but it sure will break a dog from chasing cars.

I'm old and fat, but I'm not so sure I could have restrained myself from dragging at least one of them off the top and opening a can of whoop.

I really like the idea of caning or public whipping.
    I'm sure someone will cry "cruel and unusual" but I bet it would be effective!
    Spade115 and pfries like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    My attorney might release a statement like this:

"They jumped off the car and attacked him. He had no choice but to use the ax handle to defend himself against two attackers. He deemed it to be the minimum amount of force required to save his life... 'Sorry about all the broken bones."
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If they're on your property and I assume your driveway is on your property it is trespassing and vandalism. Call the police, take pictures, go in the house and look up insurance agent, take a tranquilizer. If the police don't come, the kids don't leave and the tranquilizer doesn't kick-in, poke the shotty out the nearest window and aim high the first time.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links