Punk jumping on the roof of my car - Page 5

Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a discussion on Punk jumping on the roof of my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is why I carry OC spray 24/7....

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    This is why I carry OC spray 24/7.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    This thread brought up a great point... How many of us are prepared for a "punk kid" scenario like the OP mentioned? Im not, or wasn't until this post. As soon as I get home tonight I'm saving or deleting all my excess video from my iPhone, I'm already out of space and would not be able to record "punk kid" acts in progress should they happen right now. Up until now I've always had to delete something in order to record something new, which is not condusive to the OPs situation.

OP, I think you handled yourself very professionally.

PPKheat, great idea!

To those who recommend pellet guns and paintball.... Maybe if this were the 1960's, but in this day and age you'll likely be paying for these hoodlums rimz from all the lawsuits you'd soon face. I'm not saying its right, but it is what it is....
    It's a great point! I wasn't prepard at all. This took me off guard completely. There are some great ideas which I think I will be putting in place for the next time this might happen.

i feel for you OP...this is something that i would be completely unprepared for...

it is amazing the balls these kids have these days...back when i was in highschool this was the last thing on my mind...but i think you probably handled it the best you possibly could have...its a shame there is so little one can do legally...while i am not proposing shooting them with you real gun, you should absolutely be able to do something...they were trespassing...

I would think even OC spray would get you into a jam legally if they were minors. They were not threatening with bodily harm, just vandalism. Did they deserve OC spray and much worse? Certainly. Would their ambulance chasing lawyer rip you to shreds for escalating the situation? Certainly. You would probably at least find yourself in a civil suit.

I would think even OC spray would get you into a jam legally if they were minors. They were not threatening with bodily harm, just vandalism. Did they deserve OC spray and much worse? Certainly. Would their ambulance chasing lawyer rip you to shreds for escalating the situation? Certainly. You would probably at least find yourself in a civil suit.
    Vandalism and Trespassing. You have the right to protect yourself and your property, I would throw him off the car and if he retaliated in any way, I would mace him... Easy as that.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Vandalism and Trespassing. You have the right to protect yourself and your property, I would throw him off the car and if he retaliated in any way, I would mace him... Easy as that.
    Your right, but you will still likely have to PROVE that your right in court after the fact. The punk kids and their worthless parents have nothing to lose spending months jumping through hoops in the court system, as I'm sure they are leeching off of the American taxpayer to begin with. You on the other hand... You have PLENTY to lose, not to mention time... Remember the type of people your dealing with, they are looking for free "gibs" in any way, shape or form. Once you've entered an altercation with them you and your wallet are in their cross hairs. Professional victims. Your a better man than I for sticking it to them, I have an unhealthy fear of lawyers and clients with nothing but time on their hands...

Your right, but you will still likely have to PROVE that your right in court after the fact. The punk kids and their worthless parents have nothing to lose spending months jumping through hoops in the court system, as I'm sure they are leeching off of the American taxpayer to begin with. You on the other hand... You have PLENTY to lose, not to mention time... Remember the type of people your dealing with, they are looking for free "gibs" in any way, shape or form. Once you've entered an altercation with them you and your wallet are in their cross hairs. Professional victims. Your a better man than I for sticking it to them, I have an unhealthy fear of lawyers and clients with nothing but time on their hands...
    Yeah I'm sure it's a pain in the (you know), but even if it costs me a lot of money, I would make sure they wouldn't see a cent of it. People need to learn they can't commit crimes and get away with it due to "fear" of going to court for taking any action. I've seen many families lie in court to try to get money, but most of the time the judge can tell when you are lying, and I would have nothing to hide. That's just me tho.

Note that I would never hurt a underage child unless they try to attack me, and even then I am well trained in Judo and can pin them easily. But there is no way I would NOT take any action if I saw that happen to my car.

I wonder how it would pan out if you combined PPKheats response and yours Burns... Video yourself telling them verbally to leave, followed by them giving you the middle finger... Then OC spray the punks. I Know that from here on out I'm keeping the record button close, I know there's a guy in Florida that wished he would have done the same. It's not what is right or wrong, but what you can prove in court.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    ...poor mountaineer bearly kept his family fed.....

my vote now goes to Granny and the rock salt in her shotgun
    ....lets buttshot them dudes

-----------

im running out of inyou.windows
    perhaps i knead to change: fire on da fox
    may be more dough in it
    phreddy, ArkhmAsylm and babarock like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I wonder how it would pan out if you combined PPKheats response and yours Burns... Video yourself telling them verbally to leave, followed by them giving you the middle finger... Then OC spray the punks. I Know that from here on out I'm keeping the record button close, I know there's a guy in Florida that wished he would have done the same. It's not what is right or wrong, but what you can prove in court.
    Very true, I always have my cell-phone handy with a shortcut to record, and a camcorder inside my house, but in the heat of the moment you don't really have a whole lot of time to remember to record. You're right, in court what's right or wrong doesn't matter, its all about what you can prove, but for myself, it does matter. I don't regret anything I've done, but I do regret what I haven't done.
    John123 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Call 911. Then, video them while open carrying in a holster.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Man, what a great time for open carry!! Speaks volumes without saying a word...

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    ok, much as id like to shoot them i think i'll take the high road and show them kindness...

id give them my watch
    and than give them my wallet
    and give them some of my gun---
    .....some in the right foot and than the
    ....left foot and finally a
    ...knee

Dr. McCoy, there is need of your services at my location.
    please to beam down; no rush...

---------------------

if my address butted against that zoo im thinking --- leasing instead of owning

---------------

Robby has been retired and Mr Smith is no longer a threat to Billy
    and reproductions are available
    so imagine one out by your vehicle, its left hand replaced with a Glock 18...

Danger, Danger Punk SOB's...die, die--kill you all, die horribly
    from the comfort of my Group W bench of course.

tune in next week when
    we'll see who wakes up to be the eye's of the world
    ....same bat-time,
    same bat-station
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

You know I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned making the kids think your crazy! No one ever messes with the crazy man, upon being told your the #1 greatest person in the world just season them a lot, then when their rolling around choking grab one of them and write "I Suck &!@%" on his forehead with a sharpie, spray paint the other kids hair dayglow orange, throw them in the trunk and drop them off in their own hood.
    Spade115 and rmxer85 like this.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

VIP Member
    As much as I'd like to, and as much as they need it, I would be very careful about inflicting bodily harm on them, especially if they are juveniles. Grabbing one of them off the top of your car, him falling and breaking his back is going to compound your own troubles.

Sadly I doubt if the punks or their parents have worthwhile insurance to pay for your damages. What a world !
    John123 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Links