Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a discussion on Punk jumping on the roof of my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Burns Very true, I always have my cell-phone handy with a shortcut to record, and a camcorder inside my house, but in ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Very true, I always have my cell-phone handy with a shortcut to record, and a camcorder inside my house, but in the heat of the moment you don't really have a whole lot of time to remember to record. You're right, in court what's right or wrong doesn't matter, its all about what you can prove, but for myself, it does matter. I don't regret anything I've done, but I do regret what I haven't done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    As much as I'd like to, and as much as they need it, I would be very careful about inflicting bodily harm on them, especially if they are juveniles. Grabbing one of them off the top of your car, him falling and breaking his back is going to compound your own troubles.

Sadly I doubt if the punks or their parents have worthwhile insurance to pay for your damages. What a world !
    Exactly... They will show up to court with neck braces, eye patches, seeing eye dogs and "emotional trauma" that will take YEARS to heal, all on your dime.

2. Remove Ads

Property crime you can take no action at all.
    If you do good luck you may not enjoy the out come you will be the one arrested.
    call LEO they may come by in a few days.
    Around Milwaukee in the winter they seal the car to drive to school. Quote from LEO it will turn up go look by the schools. Oh and if you start it and walk in the house we give you a ticket.
    John123 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Granted I was upset seeing this go down right in front of me, but what really made me mad the blatant disrespect for property and people and just not caring who seen this. I could really understand how people can get them selfs in some serious trouble by shooting said punks. When I was younger I would have acted first, thought about it second, which in this case would have been bad for all parties. It is just a back and forth to work car, where my more valuable trunk is in my garage. So I can say I did learn something from all this and that is, there is a need to be prepared for not only self defense but just what someone can and cant not do? (ok maybe better to say should'nt do).
    Oh by the way, I did get a good look at the one the flipped me off and LEO was waiting with me after the school day for me to point him out but he never showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    It was Singapore...and they still do it. Mandatory...no exceptions...death sentence for drug crimes. Singapore is the cleanest, richest, most modern, and most crime free city I've ever visited. I wonder if there is any connection? Hmmm....

I think his crime was keying someone's car....I remember the uproar from liberal media about his caning. Did it deter them from doing it? Not for a minute...they are no-nonsense, and punishments are swift and severe. Because of that my wife could walk down a street at 2:00 AM all by herself and be perfectly safe. I know of no other American (or otherwise) city
    where that could happen safely

I have really enjoyed my visits to Singapore. One estimate says that 40% of all Singaporians are millionaires. Restaurants and food are exquisite.

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Man, what a great time for open carry!! Speaks volumes without saying a word...
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Call 911. Then, video them while open carrying in a holster.
    Just remember, if they see your gun they can claim you pointed it at them or threatened them with it. If they don't see a gun, they likely won't make that claim.

I'd also like to point out that the only likely scenario with anyone "jumping" on my car would be in my own driveway. I will make sure you stop one way or another (within reason, i.e. no shooting), law be danged.

I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    Singapore. For graffiti.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Here ya' go...I remember it too!

Teen-Ager Caned in Singapore Tells of the Blood and the Scars - NYTimes.com

I'll bet he doesn't spray paint cars anymore.
    sid1 and oneshot like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Coulda given them a little seasoning spray.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Sounds like a great time to hose down the car.

^^^Or even better,,,THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With my fire extinquisher

Me);;;Well officer, they apparently thought my car was on fire, and were trying to "stamp" it out, and I merely gave them a hand.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Three times in my life I have lived near schools and each time gave me problems. Broken car window one time, blocked driveway another, and daily trash on my property in the third instance. I feel your outrage!

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    id rather forgotten....

early 1990's i came out of a customers apartment in a project and half a block
    down the street i see a group of kids with my '76 Monte trim rings and spinners;
    the vette style ones without a scratch!!
    i had my hand on my gun ( a sub-concious action) and than actually laughed
    cause you can not shoot someone for stealing like that.

wasn't laughin when i tried to replace them though
    sid1 likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

"Hello 911 I am holding two juveniles that I caught vandalizing my car on my property, can you please send an officer. I am the adult with the gun. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oldnfat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My attorney might release a statement like this:

"They jumped off the car and attacked him. He had no choice but to use the ax handle to defend himself against two attackers. He deemed it to be the minimum amount of force required to save his life... 'Sorry about all the broken bones." and my client will be happy to pay for the proctologist to extract said ax handle as it is needed to finish the yard work.
    Added to your response as to alleviate undue burdens.
    rmxer85 and Stubborn like this.

Distinguished Member
    I think there are several good ideas here. I concur with Yoda. How long was it after you called before the cops arrived? Pepper spray and the water hose are good ideas also. Hope there is no more trouble for you. This whole problem began with their parents.

(Officer) How did they get those cuts and bruises on thier heads?

(You) I had just waxed the car...I think they slipped and fell off?

(Officer) Yep...sounds about right.

ncsteveh likes this.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    This whole problem began with their parents.
    No doubt, and bet your ass the parents would be the first ones to try and sue you if you did anything to their hood rat kid.
    John123 likes this.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links