Punk jumping on the roof of my car

This is a discussion on Punk jumping on the roof of my car within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live near a high school and one afternoon I heard some thumping outside my back door. As I go to investigate I find two ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Punk jumping on the roof of my car

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

I live near a high school and one afternoon I heard some thumping outside my back door. As I go to investigate I find two punks jumping on the roof of my car in my driveway. As I yell at them they turn to me flip me the finger and continued to jump on the roof of my car. Well this went on for several mintues, long enough for me to confront them, run back into the house and grab my phone and speak to the LEO as they where still jumping on my car.

Anyways, As much as I wanted to let these punks know just how close they were, to getting a gun drawn on them if this situation became life threating, I just held back and called the LEO and filed a report.

I felt completely helpless, How would others have handled this?

You handled it fine, although I probably would have kicked their ass when they got down.
    Last edited by ponchsox; April 19th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

VIP Member
    Cell phone video cam of them jumping?
    Bark'n, joker1, John123 and 7 others like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Thunder punch......
    kmagnuss likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Cell phone video cam of them jumping?
    Yep, video of their faces and a trip to see the high school principal with the police to identify them, then press charges for trespassing & vandalism.

Depending on the cost of the repairs to your car, it could likely be a felony.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not much you can do and none of it involves a firearm or a bat or anything else except the 911 call. Cell phone video evidence will be indisputable when you civil sue their behinds or those of their loving parents whose "good boys" these misfits are.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Coulda given them a little seasoning spray.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Sounds like a great time to hose down the car.
    Madcap_Magician and RonCo like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Light them up with a flashlight, grab a video on your cell phone if possible. Once you think you've got a good video, shut it down and, as Arkhm suggested, season them a little.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This is a really good reason for corporal punishment,20 lashes with a whip while tied to a stake in front of all their classmates would have a resounding impact,tired of Graffiti,5 lashes for every tag you get caught doing,you will probably pee your pants at the sight of a can of spray paint afterwards.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    This is a really good reason for corporal punishment,20 lashes with a whip while tied to a stake in front of all their classmates would have a resounding impact,tired of Graffiti,5 lashes for every tag you get caught doing,you will probably pee your pants at the sight of a can of spray paint afterwards.
    I remember when that American kid got sentenced to caning when he got arrested for doing something stupid in a foreign country. I forget where it was. Indonesia maybe? He was sentenced to 5 lashes with a bamboo cane. The media from that country said most people pass out from the pain after 3 lashes. Everyone here in the USA was in an outrage over it. It happened about 15 years ago, IIRC.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Pepper spray!
    marcclarke and Bubbiesdad like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You were right not to pull a gun on them, but I would not have let them keep jumping. I would have snatch their ass off the car and held them down until cops came. You could just hold one because he would end up ratting the other out.

.177 caliber pellets to the arse from a concealed position is a wonderful persuader in instances like that.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I live near a high school and one afternoon I heard some thumping outside my back door. As I go to investigate I find two punks jumping on the roof of my car in my driveway. As I yell at them they turn to me flip me the finger and continued to jump on the roof of my car. Well this went on for several mintues, long enough for me to confront them, run back into the house and grab my phone and speak to the LEO as they where still jumping on my car.

Anyways, As much as I wanted to let these punks know just how close they were, to getting a gun drawn on them if this situation became life threating, I just held back and called the LEO and filed a report.

I felt completely helpless, How would others have handled this?
    I know how you feel, live near the same school, saw kids put dent in neighbor's car. The owner chased them down the street right in front of the police station where there were officers standing outside and told them and pointed out the kids. The cop told him he would have to go inside and file a report that there was nothing he could do because he hadn't gone on duty yet.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links