Stopped by an off duty cop - Page 4

Stopped by an off duty cop

This is a discussion on Stopped by an off duty cop within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No he dose not have any record mabey a speeding ticket, and no it is in no way a small town....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Stopped by an off duty cop

No he dose not have any record mabey a speeding ticket, and no it is in no way a small town.

WHERE'S THE LITTLE GIRL?!
    WHERE'S THE LITTLE GIRL??!!
    WHERE'S THE LITTLE GIRL??!!

THERE's THE LITTLE GIRL!
    Badey likes this.

Does this guy also go by the name Gecko45 or Specops?
    MikeNice and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    COS

there is that imitation mary jane...
    stories like this have me to think the teller has been sampling

The driver gets out and walkers back to your door, it's warm out so your windows already down. When he gets to your door he reaches into the car and shuts down the engine leaving the keys in the ignition.
    At that point he is attempting to enter your car and has no legal right. He has also tried to block your means of egress. If he hasn't identified himself as a cop, you have no need to hang around. First I would have attempted to go around, but if that was impossible or he was overly agressive, I probably would have drawn on the guy.

As another poster said, I call BS though. If the cop claimed to be drug 50 feet he would need proof. He would need ripped up clothes, scuffed shoes, and abrasions. If his knee was jacked up he would need a doctor's or emt's report for verification. I doubt he would make the claims without evidence. It would mean a big chance of getting administrative leave or worse. I just don't see this story actually happening.
    Remember the teacher telling you to “Bring enough for everybody”? That applies to gunfights, too. ~ Sarge @ Sarge's Roll Call

I'm not going to write much more about the actual incident because like a few who made a good point of not saying to much until after the trial is over, that is due to take place in June. And he was able to make bail so he can still work and all that. I will revisit the actual situation after the trial is over and keep my eyes out for any articles to back up what I'm saying. Again this story was from just what my buddy passed on to me. I just wanted your guys opinions on what you would do in the situation(and not on what you thought the probiliaty of it is) where your way forward was blocked and a man in plain clothes started approaching your vehicle without identifying himself as a LEO or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Randleflagg View Post
    I'm not going to write much more about the actual incident because like a few who made a good point of not saying to much until after the trial is over, that is due to take place in June. And he was able to make bail so he can still work and all that. I will revisit the actual situation after the trial is over and keep my eyes out for any articles to back up what I'm saying. Again this story was from just what my buddy passed on to me. I just wanted your guys opinions on what you would do in the situation(and not on what you thought the probiliaty of it is) where your way forward was blocked and a man in plain clothes started approaching your vehicle without identifying himself as a LEO or otherwise.
    The part that i put in bold has actually happened to me many years ago, before cell phones were invented. The person swerved in front of me blocking me in when I had stopped for a stop sign on a rural county road. My driving slowly down this road while hunting mushrooms struck him as suspicious. When he started getting out of his truck to question me about it I had already retrieved my handgun from under my seat and informed him to stop where he was at that I had a gun with me.

Point being I did not allow him to get any closer.

Michael

I also have to call BS, but if this actaully did happen to me I would put my car in reverse (if traffic permitted) and gotten away as soon as the car stopped in front of me, then call 911. If I couldn't reverse due to traffic I would put the windows up, double check that my doors were locked and draw my weapon. If that idiot didn't identify himself as a cop thats his own fault.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    If he were to get to my car and my window was down(still unidentified), sticking his arm inside is a pretty sure way to get your arm broken if not worse.
    Spade115 and PASeabee like this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    People tend to remember stories that tend to make them look like angels and the other person as the BG,
    Yup!

Have a relative who claims that her and her husband were just walking down the street, minding their own business when 3 cops pulled up and arrest her husband for domestic violence. . Then they arrested her for "absolutely no reason" at all. .

Oh. .
    They were out of town
    It was 1:30 AM
    They were walking back to their hotel
    They were ****-faced drunk
    She interfered with the arrest
    She had narcotics in her purse

But those cops had NO reason to bother them. . . . . .
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

M.
    I'm trying to play this story out as many ways as possible, and for me they never would've got that close.

Worse case though for someone else, I can see them getting to your car. Maybe you think they have a question or need help? Once they reach though you pull off which leads to them getting dragged. I just can't see someone letting a person reach that far in their vehicle.

Sorry, like the others, this is a BS story.

Quote Originally Posted by Randleflagg View Post
    Your driving home taking back roads just to avoid traffic...
    You're driving home, NOT your. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. This story has been picked apart in every way and that's all that was left.

As for someone reaching into my truck window and failing to identify themselves: the very least they would receive would be having their forearm cut to the bone by a razor-sharp Benchmade.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." ~ Clint Eastwood

"I hope this changes."

most defiantly would have at least thought of drawing my weapon. Your on some backroad and a random car pulls in front of u blocking you in, He wouldn't have gotten close enough to my car to reach into. Probably would have either backed up and floored it or just got out of the car and confronted him (dumb yes I know)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links