Flash Mobs - Who Would Draw?

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs - Who Would Draw? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across this video a while ago, and thought it was a good defensive scenario, especially with the violent mobs that have been attacking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Flash Mobs - Who Would Draw?

I came across this video a while ago, and thought it was a good defensive scenario, especially with the violent mobs that have been attacking people around the country. So, who would draw on the crowd in the scenarios in the video below?

100 people japanese flash mob - YouTube
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I came across this video a while ago, and thought it was a good defensive scenario, especially with the violent mobs that have been attacking people around the country. So, who would draw on the crowd in the scenarios in the video below?

100 people japanese flash mob - YouTube
    Nobody, since members of the public in Japan are strictly prohibited from carrying any types of weapon.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

That would be a bad idea to run that prank over here, and though tragic, I don't think any jury would find someone who drew or even fired guilty.

But the Japanese TV shows are infamous for some over-the-top pranks that make our "Punk'd" shows look tame.

Title of your first video would be a forum language violation and so was deleted.
    QKShooter

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Nobody, since members of the public in Japan are strictly prohibited from carrying any types of weapon.
    I know that. However, I was wanting to apply the scenario here. Also, just because people are prohibited from carrying weapons does not mean that people in the crowd aren't carrying weapons. Furthermore, 100 people can most definitely kill one person without using weapons.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So, that is like saying "no gun" signs work in the US because guns are prohibited there? Doesn't seem to work at our schools

if they are yelling "kill whitey" and you haven't been in the sun a while; I would
    Spade115 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    So, that is like saying "no gun" signs work in the US because guns are prohibited there? Doesn't seem to work at our schools
    No, just the opposite. Crowds like the ones in the video can act with impunity with the knowledge that all victims are legally unarmed.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Here, same question as posed in the OP:
    Black Mob attacks whites - YouTube
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The last mob in the OP video was hilarious.
    lyz_grace likes this.

I thought flash mobs were when folks got to gther in an organized way to dance or sing in a public place. Those Japanese videos are obviously staged...

I'm not understanding this as a self-defense issue.
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by satori59 View Post
    I thought flash mobs were when folks got to gther in an organized way to dance or sing in a public place. Those Japanese videos are obviously staged...

I'm not understanding this as a self-defense issue.
    So it is not a self-defense issue if 100 people start charging at you??

There is no way that 100 people could sneak up on me without me noticing. Nor would I start running or turn and run... I'd bee-line for the side and wait to see what would happen, on full alert and ready to both draw and call 911.

That said, it would be a monumentally stupid idea to try to pull a flash mob prank like that in the US.

As for the black flash mob, can I just say that stuff like this doesn't improve my opinion of black America, opinion which is getting more negative by the day, no thanks to the rampant race baiting... If a group of black thugs (or white or green or purple) suddenly attack me, I'm drawing. Better to draw and maybe scare them off or get a few shots off than to wait, only to have them beat me, take my gun, and shoot me with it.

I don't have a whimsical sense of humor at all when it comes to flash mobs of any sort, except maybe the choral Hallelujah Chorus one.
    Spirit51 and BurgerBoy like this.

When I first read flash mob I was thinking of those lame ones where people start dancing in unison. Which made me think of the new sketch comedy show Key and Peele on Comedy Central. They have a skit where a bunch of black people all coordinate on their watches and come together and start doing the thriller dance in unison.

Soon after beginning their routine a white guy in the crowd yells, "It's a g*# damn race war!" and pulls out a giant revolver. The rest of the white people in the area start pulling out their firepower and the dancers cower in fear.

It's really a hilarious skit but it does highlight racial tensions and the idea of the gun toter with an itchy trigger finger.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

This is the only type of "Flash Mob" I want to be at the mercy of.

Opera Company of Philadelphia "Flash Brindisi" at Reading Terminal Market (April 24, 2010) - YouTube

and no....you shouldn't draw on this one...no matter how you feel about Opera.

The others...I would have to be on alert. I may not be able to get them all....but I would take out the leaders and leave them with a empty gun. I would go down fighting. If I were exposed to these Idiot Japanese ones.... can anyone say "WHERES MY LAWYER!"

BTW the song is the Brindisi (Drinking Song) from LA TRAVIATA .
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    The laughing faces of most of the "mobsters" is a clue in my book.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links