Preparing for a Riot?

This is a discussion on Preparing for a Riot? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have experienced several riots. A handgun/shotgun will leave you very out numbered and you will not win if you use it. They'll burn you ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Preparing for a Riot?

I have experienced several riots. A handgun/shotgun will leave you very out numbered and you will not win if you use it. They'll burn you out. There will be many who also have guns as well. The best tactic in my opinion is to leave the area asap or stay low if you can't get out.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

2. Remove Ads

I live in Sanford right close to downtown where all the protests have taken place and not so good areas. I'm not particularly worried, it's just not my nature. But I do pray, along with many others here, for this city. I will continue to be watchful and carry as always. Sorry, Sig35, I have no plans to leave my home.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    I live in Sanford right close to downtown where all the protests have taken place and not so good areas. I'm not particularly worried, it's just not my nature. But I do pray, along with many others here, for this city. I will continue to be watchful and carry as always. Sorry, Sig35, I have no plans to leave my home.
    When it gets bad believe me...your life is worth more than your home.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If I can foresee the danger, I will stay in my house with my Mossberg 500 and 00 buck along with my Kel-Tec PLR-16 and extra 30 rnd. mags. I have security/hurricane shutters on every double pane window and a fiberglass door. My property is bordered with a 6' high solid fence on both sides that extends all the way down to the sea wall. The house is block with a concrete tile roof and built like a fortress. It's the safest place I can think of.
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    If I can foresee the danger, I will stay in my house with my Mossberg 500 and 00 buck along with my Kel-Tec PLR-16 and extra 30 rnd. mags. I have security/hurricane shutters on every double pane window and a fiberglass door. My property is bordered with a 6' high solid fence on both sides that extends all the way down to the sea wall. The house is block with a concrete tile roof and built like a fortress. It's the safest place I can think of.
    The only thing I would add would be a boat to escape fire.
    In the riots of the 60's the rioters creedo was "Burn Baby Burn"

This is what the BOB and my Jeep are for. Two weeks worth of supplies, ammunition and a way to go places most people can't.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Was in Newark NJ in the 60's riots....................So.
    Seen one you seen them all........in the words of the esteemed Harvard Law Professor.....Alan Dershewitz......2nd Degree Murder..? Nah...

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I have experienced several riots. A handgun/shotgun will leave you very out numbered and you will not win if you use it. They'll burn you out. There will be many who also have guns as well. The best tactic in my opinion is to leave the area asap or stay low if you can't get out.
    this isn't really true, remember the images of the korean shopkeepers who banded together on the roofs of their stores with carbines to ward off the rioters. people who riot are opportunists and usually not too bold, set up a good defensive perimeter and you'd be surprised how easily bands of thugs will be held off.

Sadly, but also fortunately for most others... The "rioting types" usually end up destroying their own neighborhoods when they decide to throw a fit.

I try to avoid those areas even in good times, if things seem to be getting squirrely you won't catch me within 5 miles of low-income housing. I figure they won't ride their bicycles much further than that!

Well I just got a bottle of Jack. I guess I could stock up on munchies.
    Geographically speaking I am not in an area where I expect rioting. If things start to look like stuff is ramping up I will make sure the wife has something handy and that she takes a radio (2 way) with her when she goes to work.
    I expect the only rioting I am going to see is on TV.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    The only race riots that would occur in my town are if the horses or Black Angus decide to riot--if so, then we humans are in trouble--we are greatly outnumbered.

On a serious note--if it were to happen that I was surrounded in an actual riot and they attempted to pull me out of my truck, they could probably do it, but the first 12 or 13 of 'em would be bleeding on the ground with big holes in them.........
    scgunlover1 and baren like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    WHEC'S comment Do I take precautions in general for any event? Yup.

pretty well sums up how responsible citizens need to be in the here & now and how you prep is highly personal--where you live, whats close by, what may see your area as desirable....

do i stay or do i go....each
    generation has faced 'new' troubles and through us being here now, has succeeded.

will we be able to say that 10 years from now? and will it be by hand delivered mail or internt?
    Last edited by claude clay; April 25th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Was in Newark NJ in the 60's riots....................So.
    Seen one you seen them all........
    Really? I was there; we grew up not to far from there and this didn't look nothing like LA. I don't remember any tanks in LA and cop shooting LIVE ammo at civilians! That crap in FL in my day they would have been crushed.... like Kent state shooting

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Sorry--not tanks, but APCs (Armored Personnel Carrier) and halftracks. I know its not relevant to the main topic, but as an OLD Armor officer (Tanker) I just had to clarify the issue
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

There were tanks in Newark............remember them comming off Rt 1 and down Frelinghuysen Ave. to Broad Street.. Also, the National Guard was issued rifles but no ammunition.....used to have lunch where a few of the NG staff would eat....remembering hearing one say, if we gave them live ammo they'd kill themselves.......that was back then.
    NJ State Police and K9's cleaned up the mess......

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links