Preparing for a Riot?

This is a discussion on Preparing for a Riot? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Knightrider No one is going to riot you guys. If they didn't riot over this whole failed occupy movement, they aren't going ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Preparing for a Riot?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    No one is going to riot you guys. If they didn't riot over this whole failed occupy movement, they aren't going to riot now.
    what would you call the "activities" that occurred in Oakland CA?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I was there at the race riots in Philly 1964-look it up,it wasn`t pretty. It`s the same crowd in Sanford and when it starts it`l spread like wildfire throughout this Country. A segment of a certain community is just looking to riot and loot. Just like L.A. and the cops won`t be able to save you either as they`ll be outnumbered just like then. Always Carry,Never Tell. George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting - Yahoo! News
    sid1 and mano3 like this.

I am one of the few white in a black neighborhood. If it happens I will do my best to avoid violence but will carry on to protect my wife and myself as best as I can. At least my home is paid for and I may be able to retire a bit earlier then most. (maybe in a box 6 feet under)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Unholstering your legally concealed fiream during a riot would most likely cause the unholstering of a hundred illegally carried concealed firearms (or illegally open-carried fireams as the case may be in FL).

If Zimmerman is convicted of 2nd degree murder, it will be because the DA proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he commited the crime and it was not a case of self defence.
    If Zimmerman is found not guilty, it will be because the DA did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he commited 2nd degree murder.

And we'll all have to live with that.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    what would you call the "activities" that occurred in Oakland CA?
    Are you comparing to what happen in Oakland to what happen with Rodney King? LOL
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Are you comparing to what happen in Oakland to what happen with Rodney King? LOL
    why do some people always insist on putting words into other people's mouths?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 26th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    No one is going to riot you guys. If they didn't riot over this whole failed occupy movement, they aren't going to riot now.
    I am not saying this will happen or wont happen, Just saying stupid is stupid and when mixed with Idiots equals unpredictable?
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Different mood in the country today. In the sixties, I remember many thought the civil rights movement was justified and supported the ideals. Today the moral decline in youth in general disgusts most blacks and whites alike. Perhaps the responsible members of society will see to it any widespread outrage is confined to legal means of expression. Communicate to your elected local and state officials that you expect they will be prepared to maintain public order and safety.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Communicate to your elected local and state officials that you expect they will be prepared to maintain public order and safety.

+1
    Utah Concealed Firearms Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Unholstering your legally concealed fiream during a riot would most likely cause the unholstering of a hundred illegally carried concealed firearms (or illegally open-carried fireams as the case may be in FL).

in the 3 riots of Hartford , 1964, 66 and 69, they looted and than burned out their own neighborhood and than marched south to the, than, Italian part of town.
    at a large intersection they were in the sights of numerous Italians shotgun's pointed out of many apartment windows...

they started to burn some parked cars, shots rang out and they scurried north--back towards their self decimated homes.

following the riots, all the grocery store chains did not rebuild...to this day the residents pay extra for food from small independent stores.
    and a reason mall's came into being and the heart of cities, the shopping district, died.

perhaps not as many had guns 50 years ago but should the inner-city march again on the suburbs, armed or not i think
    rather than causing great harm that they will suffer greatly and retreat.

the police will of course be useless what for being outnumbered and with orders not to shoot any of the pres's 'children'
    more likely is that the police will move ahead of the mob and try to prevent any honest citizens from defending themselves
    and their property from the lootin & burnin coming at them.

------------------
    i hope to be away from the congested zoo of the east coast soon....someplace quiet where i can
    sit out on the porch watching the dental floss grow...
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I was in L.A. during the Rodney King riots. The exact same scenario is brewing. Media will hype a verdict annoucement just as they did then. And there will be people caught off guard again. I remember the same things being said "oh no there won't be trouble". The folks who faired the best were the Koreans who armed themselves and protected their homes and businesses. Rioters are cowards when met with resistence they moved onto other blocks. In my town there were only a few roads iin and police were able to set up blockades.In the Watts riots my parents told me that citizens along with police set up road blocks which kept the rioters at bay. In my town the supermarkets were picked clean within the first days riots. I suggest folks pay attention get stocked up before the verdict. And be ready. I remember the L.A. Chief of police saying on TV! "we are overwelmed your on your own". It was then it clicked that we are responsible for our own defense. It was the L.A riots that persuaded me to move. I live in a small city with few blacks.But enough for flash mobs at certain places. Again rioters are cowards and will flee from confrontation with armed citizens.I'm not going to be pulled from my car and beat without a fight.

Seriously in a state of denial.
    suntzu, MisterFleas and atctimmy like this.

no one though these people would never riot either. "A bunch of cheeky fellows"

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Even before the Sandford issue, I noticed that almost every self defense shooting in my area was being used to stir the pot. It would start with the "he was a good boy", "you don't have to shoot to kill", "you don't shoot for one mistake" comments and now it is increasing. Polticians are getting into it. I almost seems organized. I wouldn't be suprised to see some communties erupt if the right catalyst occurs. It could be the Zimmerman/Martin case or something else. When it happens, I hope me and my family are at home. If not, I will do whatever it takes to get them somewhere safe. I think it would be foolish to ignore the rising tensions.

Stay ALERT, Stay ALERT,,,,, my preparation will be the same either way,,,,,

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links