Preparing for a Riot? - Page 8

Preparing for a Riot?

This is a discussion on Preparing for a Riot? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sgb I'm not overly concerned ........ Nor am I… ;) I say let's do this thing!...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Preparing for a Riot?

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I'm not overly concerned ........

Nor am I… ;)

I say let's do this thing!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    Dang, Jon, you're keeping the Duracoat folks in business singlehandedly...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Give me a minute or two.
    Attached Images
    45ACP4ever and Secret Spuk like this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Dang, Jon, you're keeping the Duracoat folks in business singlehandedly...
    I did all of that with Aervoe and Krylon actually… Painting those was practice for the ARs, but I just can't bring myself to paint the rifles I actually use.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    If you're really not using those, you can send 'em my way. I'll even cover shipping. Especially the Benelli. :)
    atctimmy and Rock and Glock like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    If you're really not using those, you can send 'em my way. I'll even cover shipping. Especially the Benelli. :)
    OpFor if it's OK I'd like the Draco.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I did all of that with Aervoe and Krylon actually… Painting those was practice for the ARs, but I just can't bring myself to paint the rifles I actually use.
    Well heck, send 'em up here! I still have some primer, dark metallic red and clear coat left over from some body work I did on my Suburban last year. Should be plenty for a couple of rifles.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Anyone remember the riots when OJ was found not guilty?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Just dont drop on in the woods

The riots will happen where bad stuff normally does- in their own neighborhoods and common areas like downtown near the courthouses. Don't be near them, don't try to be part of "history." Stay home, unless home IS in one of those areas, and then the best thing is to get the heck out of Dodge until it blows over. You're more likely to be killed by the fires they start than the mobs- ever think about THAT little problem? The police abandon the area and fire won't go in until it's secure.

No, the best way to deal with a mob is to be out of the area before it becomes one. Stay aware, and don't hang around thinking it will be cool or fun. If you stay too long, you make yourself vulnerable trying to walk or drive out of there.

If you have a defensible area such as a subdivision or neighborhood, with like minded neighbors, it's not a bad idea to set up a roadblock and provide a visible deterrent. Multiple people with guns are far more effective than one guy standing there trying to hold off a mob.

If you come upon one unexpectedly, that is where the 3,000 pound weapon comes into play. Don't stop and allow yourself to get dragged out, get the hell out of there. Like Josey Wales said, you have to get plumb dog mean and save your family. Shotguns and rifles are tough to deploy while driving, so the driver should have a pistol. Passengers? Well, that's why they call it "riding shotgun."

As for how I will prepare, I don't live near areas prone for such things so I'll just keep my ears open to the news and carry something a little bigger than normal. Oh, and I'll bring a few extras for neighbors who didn't prepare to the same extent I did. Don't neglect passive defense- dogs, pepper spray, even bulletproof vests and helmets.
    ducatirider likes this.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    The riots will happen where bad stuff normally does- in their own neighborhoods and common areas like downtown near the courthouses. Don't be near them, don't try to be part of "history." Stay home, unless home IS in one of those areas, and then the best thing is to get the heck out of Dodge until it blows over. You're more likely to be killed by the fires they start than the mobs- ever think about THAT little problem? The police abandon the area and fire won't go in until it's secure.

No, the best way to deal with a mob is to be out of the area before it becomes one. Stay aware, and don't hang around thinking it will be cool or fun. If you stay too long, you make yourself vulnerable trying to walk or drive out of there.

If you have a defensible area such as a subdivision or neighborhood, with like minded neighbors, it's not a bad idea to set up a roadblock and provide a visible deterrent. Multiple people with guns are far more effective than one guy standing there trying to hold off a mob.

If you come upon one unexpectedly, that is where the 3,000 pound weapon comes into play. Don't stop and allow yourself to get dragged out, get the hell out of there. Like Josey Wales said, you have to get plumb dog mean and save your family. Shotguns and rifles are tough to deploy while driving, so the driver should have a pistol. Passengers? Well, that's why they call it "riding shotgun."

As for how I will prepare, I don't live near areas prone for such things so I'll just keep my ears open to the news and carry something a little bigger than normal. Oh, and I'll bring a few extras for neighbors who didn't prepare to the same extent I did. Don't neglect passive defense- dogs, pepper spray, even bulletproof vests and helmets.
    Who's they? Do you mean black people, poor people, the economically or socioeconomically (there's a difference) dis-advantaged? For example if the prince of wales, suddenly lost his estate he would be economically dis-advantaged (arguably, maybe just broke) but not socially. A poor black man, or a former white slave from Appalachia on the other hand ( and to varying degrees), would be more than just held back economically.

I think that we shouldn't be "politically correct", especially on a internet forum; and, if your meaning is blatantly obvious to those around you, I would pardon the company you keep or atleast re-think being an avowed advocate of liberty while treating others with a broad brush stroke. With rights come responsibilities, same as with power; with life, I feel comes the responsibility of understand those of others.

Actions, can and will be morally un-just, and in-correct; defend yours, by all means but as a black man I will not allow anyone anywhere to mis-understand, mis-appropriate, or try to hide their intentions while attempting to appear "peaceful". All I'm saying is keep it real, mobs ain't nice people are ignorant what you say is true.

Say it truthfully, you fool no-one, but yourself.

The best way to survive conflict is to avoid it, I would abide by that.

If caught, like other's have said run people over, if caught shoot go out fighting.

Has anyone stopped to analyze seriously why certain segments, or groups in/of society tend to riot?

Besides, it's just "those" people.

If not, hypocrites have no color.
    Secret Spuk and Hopyard like this.

Rexdale, with respect, chill out.

They, at least in the way I'm reading it, is his general usage for rioters which I think is how anyone would say it. I haven't seen anyone be racist on here.
    Chesafreak likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Rexdale, with respect, chill out.

They, at least in the way I'm reading it, is his general usage for rioters which I think is how anyone would say it. I haven't seen anyone be racist on here.
    In the spirit of the thread, the op talks about black v white riots; I have seen no proof or indication, that the poster did not mean so. And it is common knowledge that it is black people who commonly or atleast according to the media (I'm not there, don't know 100%) cause these riots.

It was, and is my opinion (until what I take to be facts is proven false) that the poster meant black people in his post, as is my opinion any-one with common sense would atleast from a certian perspective which I think here in this thread is shared (for the most part) and I have not made a claim of racism.

As far as chill out, I have not made any derogatory remarks, or indicated in any manner what-so-ever that I was emotionally drawn in by any thing. I can be, if I so choose as a free-man but maybe you should chill out? :/ Hmm??? me-thinks. :P

Riots need concentrations of individuals, mostly of young males with time and little regard for property. I don't drag race into it, but it also isn't something to be neglected, especially if the tipoff event is something racially charged like the Treyvon Martin case. Detroit, Watts, LA... it takes something to kick it off and a group of people to get together and start.

The London riots were different, which is why you can't just plan for one thing. There, it was mostly young white middle class hooligans organized on Facebook and using the opportunity to "get some."

It's all about maintaining situational awareness. I had no intent to imply racism in my post.
    Rexdale.TO likes this.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I think I'll change the horn on my truck to sound like gun fire! That should help me clear a path to safe haven
    A roaring American V8 does the same thing.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Links