Bad: Armed home invasion 5 blocks from my house

This is a discussion on Bad: Armed home invasion 5 blocks from my house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup, this just made my day to hear about...not! The scary part of this one for me is that even though they bad guys didn't ...

Thread: Bad: Armed home invasion 5 blocks from my house

Yup, this just made my day to hear about...not!

The scary part of this one for me is that even though they bad guys didn't pick my house, at the time of this incident, I had my EDC apart for a cleaning after some range time earlier in the day, and I didn't think to get the Beretta out of the safe first. I was virtually unarmed... Had this happened at my house I would've been no better off.

Wausau, Wi armed home invasion

The part that really gets me is that the scum that did this had no problems holding children in addition to adults at gun point.
    Last edited by W9HDG; April 30th, 2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: A few additional details to clarify

That is a nightmare

At least (if I read it right) they did not kill or rape anyone, tie them up or set them on fire, kidnap, torture, etc

Scumbags, sure, but there are layers and degrees I guess.

I usually clean in my basement. That seems as bad a place as I could be if something like this happened. I put a lot of faith in alarm systems but maybe too much...
    Posts are for entertainment only. I have no training, database, background, knowledge of law, skills, or conviction of belief that anything I post is safe or relevant for your situation and bear no responsibility for any actions or events related to your interpretation of any of my post(s).

Scary for sure. Sounds a little odd with what they left with and the occupants didn't know the bg's? But wrong house break ins do happen. Old cowboy
    protection always keep one gun loaded.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Ahh... Wisconsin... oh how I hate it here...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Not that this isn't bad news but it was not a home invasion.

"The robbers demanded money for a debt they claim was owed, searched the house and left with several televisions, a DVD player, an Xbox 360 and a motor vehicle title, according to the news release." "The victims said they did not know the robbers, police said."

It was also stated they were allowed into the home. So either they did know the robbers or the dimwitted robbers had the wrong house.
    Last edited by Crowman; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: spell check edit
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Not that this isn't bad news but it was not a home invasion.

"The robbers demanded money for a debt they claim was owed, searched the house and left with several televisions, a DVD player, an Xbox 360 and a motor vehicle title, according to the news release." "The victims said they did not know the robbers, police said."

It was also stated they were allowed into the home. So either they did know the robbers of the dimwitted robbers had the wrong house.
    Probably both, and I'm betting that the robbers had strong connections to drugs.

Sounds a bit odd to me also. Is the husband hiding some things from his wife , like a coke , meth or gambling habit?

I have several "plants" throughout, & I specifically picked my cleaning station so as to put me within 5 feet of one of the plants for that very reason.

The first time I cleaned my EDC & it was neatly spread all across the bench in pieces & parts, the "what if" question hit me like a brick & I quickly realized I would not stand a chance ... no more.

Murphy (Laws) & I are very tight, you might say best friends ... & I know if something were to ever happen, it will be the one time like that ...
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Hi KimBobTex

I usually carry identical backup gun outside the house and always inside the house and don't have to clean them at the same time so it was less an issue of being armed and more an issue of when I am cleaning and where I am when i do it.

8-10 pm is probably a typical time for me. The basement is the typical location. It would be the worst place to be if a home invasion started because of the natural bottleneck, natural muffling of the sounds above, and virtual thundering herd sound made when someone walks up our stairs.

Have to re think this now.
    Posts are for entertainment only. I have no training, database, background, knowledge of law, skills, or conviction of belief that anything I post is safe or relevant for your situation and bear no responsibility for any actions or events related to your interpretation of any of my post(s).

Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    I had my EDC apart for a cleaning after some range time earlier in the day, and I didn't think to get the Beretta out of the safe first. I was virtually unarmed...
    I learned a LONG time ago to always keep one hot, ready to go and within arm's reach. I think I picked it up as a kid from that scene in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" when Clint was cleaning his six shooter and almost didn't get it back together in time.

Sponsored Links