Doorbell at 2 AM

Doorbell at 2 AM

This is a discussion on Doorbell at 2 AM within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Your doorbell rings at 2 AM, you look out the peephole and see no one. what do you do ? Answer then read here...

Thread: Doorbell at 2 AM

Doorbell at 2 AM

Your doorbell rings at 2 AM, you look out the peephole and see no one. what do you do ?

Answer then read here
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

VIP Member
    We have beat this one to death these past several days.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Well I'd have grabbed my shotgun and flashlight, both of which reside next to my side of the bed at night. Probably wouldn't have called the cops honestly. I'd have taken my time going back to sleep.

Reading now...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

thank god the kid didn't freeze to death

I dont ever use the peep hole since I have windows to the side of my door, but if I dont see anyone I go check the back door to verify its locked and turn on porch light to see if anyone is in back yard(looking through a window). If I still see nothing I go back to my bedroom or livingroom and watch TV for a little while to make sure nothing else happens.

Let's see--the father is standing next to the car talking to friends when the BG jumps in the car and takes off with it!!!! First of all, the father isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, in my opinion. When I get out of my vehicle, the key comes with me! Second, he and his friends were so engrossed in conversation that someone was able to jump into a vehicle they are standing beside and take off with it? Must have been standing on the passenger side with the drivers door open and the car running for that to happen. He should be charged for gross stupidity, if nothing else! Glad the kid is OK.

Now to answer the question, if someone pounds on my door (don't have a door bell) at 0200, I'm going to answer with a .45 1911 in one hand and my wife ready to dial 911 if I yell. She will also have her Beretta PX4 Storm in .40S&W with her.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I use my CCTV and then decide what action to take.

PLEASE READ SIGN AT GATE ENTRANCE: "Use of Deadly Force is Authorized"

I have to admit this was one of my favorite pranks when I was a pre-teen. Granted, it wasn't usually 2:00am.. maybe like 11:00pm. But if it happened to me and there was nobody there, I'd assume high probability of a bunch of kids pulling pranks. In fact, I've had it happen to me several times from the neighbors kids during the daytime. Fortunately I do have a CCTV system.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

If it rings at 2 AM, in all likelihood, I won't hear it. If I do, I'll peek out the upstairs window (where the bedrooms are) to see if there's a car in the drive. Whether or not there is, and whether or not I recognize it will determine my next actions. If I don't know you, I'm not answering the door at two in the morning, and honestly nobody I know would show up unannounced at that time. If you decide to come through the door anyway, you'll probably find Mr Sig waiting on you if you make your way upstairs.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Links