BAD: BG's got the GG's gun and cash

This is a discussion on BAD: BG's got the GG's gun and cash within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was in the Detroit news this morning. I'm not quite convinced that there weren't more variables to the story than what the guy told ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Burns

Thread: BAD: BG's got the GG's gun and cash

This was in the Detroit news this morning. I'm not quite convinced that there weren't more variables to the story than what the guy told police, but who knows. Maybe he just didn't have his SA switched on that early in the morning.

Stranded motorist robbed on Detroit freeway | News - Home

DETROIT -
    Police are on the lookout for two men who preyed on a stranded motorist this morning. The man says his mini-van overheated on westbound I-94 between Cadiux and Harper.

He pulled to the side and says within seconds two men ambushed him to perform a highway robbery.

Man robbed on freeway in Detroit

The driver tells Local 4 that he takes I-94 to work each morning and fears breaking down on the side of the road. He carries a gun in his van for protection but says the men told him if he reached for his gun they would kill him.

The robbers got away with that gun and the manís cash.

Michigan State Police are investigating.

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I wonder how the bag guys knew that he had a gun unless it was in plain view. Hmmm.
    SCGunLover1

Quote Originally Posted by scgunlover1 View Post
    I wonder how the bag guys knew that he had a gun unless it was in plain view. Hmmm.
    Local radio reports that he made a move for his weapon, but wasn't fast enough. The BG's had him covered before he could get it out. He's lucky to be home eating dinner tonight.

That's why I keep one in the chamber even though it scares me a little having no real safety on my glock. And practice my quick draw and different fun things like no aim quick shots and such every weekend while shooting.
    PFC (Prepared For Chaos) Live by it, or die when it happens. I'm ready, are you?
    "I have not yet begun to fight" - John Paul Jones 1747*1792- United States Naval Academy 1845-1995

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quite a bit that doesn't add up. It doesn't mention that they were armed at all at the time... until he gave away his gun... He claimed they were sitting there waiting for someone to break down early in the morning on a busy road? Pretty sure there are more efficient ways than waiting for days for someone to break down in that specific spot... Did he not have his doors locked? Did he roll down the window all the way? Did he really think 2 black men wearing gloves coming from out of nowhere were going to try to help him?
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Although when your adrenalin is pumping things change quite drastically.
    PFC (Prepared For Chaos) Live by it, or die when it happens. I'm ready, are you?
    "I have not yet begun to fight" - John Paul Jones 1747*1792- United States Naval Academy 1845-1995

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear.357 View Post
    Although when your adrenalin is pumping things change quite drastically.
    Regardless of adrenaline I would never give my gun to anybody, even if they threatened to kill me. He's lucky they didn't kill him with his own gun.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

i_smell_something_fishy_mousepad-p144637836027114781envq7_400.jpg

Seriously, this just doesn't add up at all.

Sponsored Links