Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

This is a discussion on Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Spade, I'm from Edinburg....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

Hey Spade, I'm from Edinburg.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

2. Remove Ads

Probably the best way to break up the boxed in situation is to slam on brakes to get the one in the rear to hit you. The majority of the vehicles on the road today are built very soft in the front in order to serve as a crumple zone. The rears of most cars and trucks are pretty sturdy as compared to their weaker front ends. This being said, such a maneuver would open up the boxed in situation and possibly neutralize the vehicle behind you to where you could turn around and at least go the other way, even if its the wrong way. Going the wrong way would definitely get the attention of any nearby cops that haven't been dispatched by 911 yet. We all know how fast 911 is, now don't we?
    BugDude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm not quite catching your point, but in 55 years of driving I have never had a single incident of being harassed by
    other drivers. I experienced one minor incident of road rage. And for the record, I've lived and driven in high density
    huge cities and very small urban communities, and everything in between.

And for the many who think their guns would save them in this situation, what makes you think the guys in the other 4
    vehicles aren't similarly armed if not more so?

Well my point was that in living and working all over the country I have never had as many people give me crap as I did in Texas. I am of course a crap magnet so that helps.

I heard a quote once, don't remember the source something like drive or shoot, you can't do both. It is extremely difficult to hit a moving vehicle from a moving vehicle with gunfire and playing tag, the heavier vehicle usually wins (it is even harder to perform a PITT on a heavier vehicle).

I've had tactical training from a moving vehicle (low light to boot) its not easy I would say the only thing I would have brought to this situation is how hard it is to shoot/aim/drive at high rate of speed...and toss having my wife with me at the same time, I would be worried about stray bullets striking her, best thing to do is call 911 and try to stay in control if your vehicle and drive defensive.

Damn I haven't looked at the news lately,but that is within 30 miles of me I live in North Edinburg 1 mile from 281,It's possible that it could be cartel/drug related and they got the car description wrong,bad thing is even with a plate number if it is cartel related they use stolen vehicles.If I was being pursued I wouldn't have waited on a 911 call,then if my window was broken out by an unknown or known deadly object,the drivers gonna start catching lead,there will be no doubt which vehicle it was,looks like I gotta start carrying extra mags outside town possibly even carry an AR15 with enough ammo for a firefight.The Rio Grande Valley is getting more violent all the time
    phreddy and Spade115 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Damn I haven't looked at the news lately,but that is within 30 miles of me I live in North Edinburg 1 mile from 281,It's possible that it could be cartel/drug related and they got the car description wrong,bad thing is even with a plate number if it is cartel related they use stolen vehicles.If I was being pursued I wouldn't have waited on a 911 call,then if my window was broken out by an unknown or known deadly object,the drivers gonna start catching lead,there will be no doubt which vehicle it was,looks like I gotta start carrying extra mags outside town possibly even carry an AR15 with enough ammo for a firefight.The Rio Grande Valley is getting more violent all the time.
    The area is a hot spot for drug and Illegal Alien smuggling,after the sun sets it gets dangerous on the back roads but usually 281 is ok to travel.Texas is huge,some states you can cross the entire state in 4-5 hours,It takes me 10 hours from my house to reach the OK border driving straight thru except for gas.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I was thinking that Duk. That's a pretty good reason to start carrying a truck gun. Or car gun. Whatever.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Offensive driving skills!!! I drive a 6,000 lb 4x4 truck. Slam the brakes and take out the rear car. From there, it should not be hard to take out the other cars either if you know how to use your vehicle. A large piece of metal comes through my window and I'm sending small pieces of metal out my window at high rates of speed. That's just me.
    phreddy and Spade115 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Yeah BugDude, it all depends for me. If it's around where I live I'm likely driving my lifted Jeep with the custom bumper fabricated from 1/4" steel. If it's a longer drive the wife and I may be in her tiny little Jetta to save money.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Hammer down, call 911, keep it down.

WOW, more Valley folk here than I thought. I guess a big factor is the vehicle one would be in. My truck, no problem, its Diesel, 4x4 and heavy. But my wife's Xterra is what would more than likely be in or our small Saturn to safe gas. The Xterra is such a Short well base and High it could flip easiliy.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Im usually on my blast but if im out that way on 281 its the truck. No one messes with a buell blast. Mentality is "he could barely afford that, he dosnt have anything" lol
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

I am letting the first guy pass. I am not racing anyone. I have a 7600 plus pound Ford Excursion with a 7.3 liter turbo charged Diesel engine. It is not built for speed. But if they want to play tag we can do that. And we can play tag off in the weeds too.

I would have the wife call 9-1-1 and do the talking while I do the driving. If any of them are not in trucks, and help is a distance away we are going off road. Not too far, just far enough to find stuff for them to get hung up on. If there comes a time for shooting I would much prefer to have as many of them as possible stuck on a rock a mile our two away from us.
    BugDude and Spade115 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Depending on my mood, I may just push my wife out and keep going… :D

I have no clue what I'd do. I do know how very hard it is effectively employ a rolling road block.
    BugDude likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

A buddy of mine had an old truck that we made custom front and rear bumpers for...out of 4" steel tubes as wide as the truck with heavy duty brackets attached to the reinforced frame. Once we got them on the truck, we filled them with concrete. You could knock down small trees with it in the woods. There are times I wish I had some of those on my truck...or a big blade across the front.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links