Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere - Page 4

Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

This is a discussion on Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As much as I'd like to think "this could never happen to me", in today's world I know it could. And it can happen any ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

As much as I'd like to think "this could never happen to me", in today's world I know it could. And it can happen any time of day or night.

Avoidance, deterrence and deescalation is the best solution. Such as,

Don't be driving down 281 (or any long, lonely stretch of highway) at that time of night unless you absolutely have to. (Avoidance)

If you have to make the trip, do your best to stay with other traffic if available. The wolves always go for the stray lamb. (Deterrence)

When the other vehicle "seemed to want to race him", simply decline the offer and tell 'mamacita' to get on the phone with 911 immediately and let the other guy see the call being made (before the window is broken)! This victim gave them what they wanted by speeding ahead, thereby sending the message "Okay, let's race!" He could have continued at same speed or slowed down a few MPH while continuing to call 911 and give as detailed a description of the vehicle and passengers as possible. (Deescalation)

High speed manuevers (PIT) should be left to the experts with training, badges, backup and heavy armament, not civilians. Here's what a talented/lucky drive can do even with a well executed PIT maneuver pulled on him:
    Police Chase Multiple Pit Maneuver - YouTube

Or this one shows an interesting scene where the BG puts a PIT on the lead LEO vehicle and then has it executed on him by the tail.
    Lincoln Town Car gets two pit maneuvers - YouTube

And here's what can happen at highway speeds with the PIT maneuver:
    Ford Taurus in Camden County rolls after pit manoeuvre - YouTube

They're all lucky to be alive after that, including the couple in the OP's story.
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Video showed that they stopped, maybe that was the medias fault. Either way I would stop, not go faster. I've seen and been in my fair share of accidents. I'm curious as to what you would do in that situation, they're not just boxing you in, they're throwing metal breaking a window... Besides something doesn't add up, they wait for people, box them in, throw a piece of metal? Was that the big plan? Something else went on...
    Video was bush league, showed a 2 lane road. Had one of the box vehicles doing 100 mph in the grass along side the road.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    your asking a bunch of gun toting people "what would you have done"?
    First rule of Polls, ask the questions where you thinkyou can get the anwers you want.

I think it is unlikely that a driver or passenger could throw the metal clip side-arm with enough force to break a side window while seated in a vehicle, more likely it was thrown up by a wheel. As a motorcyclist I know i can escape just about anything but a radio, in a car a "brake-check" should cause the rear car to back off enough to make a quick U-turn, if it don't, a hard braking will. Escape and evasion is best when you don't have a turret.

Maybe they were after the wife...
    --Jason--

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links