Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

This is a discussion on Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check out this story and let me know what you all think you would have done. I think the first mistake the driver made was ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

Interesting Scenario - Boxed in by 4 vehicles while driving in middle of nowhere

Check out this story and let me know what you all think you would have done. I think the first mistake the driver made was to speed up and lose them however I'm not sure if that's what enticed the situation.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

2. Remove Ads

Well I wouldn't have sped up, but I'm assuming that's not what set them off. Based on the description they were waiting for someone, possibly profiling based on race or other characteristics. Assuming, however, that I'd managed to incur the wrath of the other drivers. I'm going to say I'd have my wife draw and call 911. I'd draw surreptitiously and attempt to slow down and speed up to create a gap to squeeze through.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    If the same happened to me that happened to him (Endangering their lives with both deadly vehicles and smashing his window with a metal hook thing next to his pregnant wife) I would have stayed in the truck quite possibly start shooting, it all depends on a lot of different circumstances tho and if I would be able to get away, I wouldn't want to get run off the road by them and injure the pregnant wife...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Interesting, That is a major drug route. My guess is that either he was involved in something his wife knows nothing about or he was mistaken for someone else. It is very difficult to perform a rolling road block.

I am not stopping for someone I do not know in a remote area, and will do what is necessary to maintain my movement and safety. I was in law enforcement in Texas for 15 years and never had so many people harass me when off duty, and they never had any idea who they were messing with until it was too late, so it really could have been a random situation as far fetched as it may seem.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I could tell you exactly what I would do if and when that ever happens to me. Logic will get you from A - Z, but imagination has no boundaries.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

your asking a bunch of gun toting people "what would you have done"?
    Spade115, BkCo1, Bad Bob and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    your asking a bunch of gun toting people "what would you have done"?
    What else is new? Some questions should be asked on forums that aren't 100% carriers haha.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Interesting, That is a major drug route. My guess is that either he was involved in something his wife knows nothing about or he was mistaken for someone else. It is very difficult to perform a rolling road block.

I am not stopping for someone I do not know in a remote area, and will do what is necessary to maintain my movement and safety. I was in law enforcement in Texas for 15 years and never had so many people harass me when off duty, and they never had any idea who they were messing with until it was too late, so it really could have been a random situation as far fetched as it may seem.
    I'm not quite catching your point, but in 55 years of driving I have never had a single incident of being harassed by
    other drivers. I experienced one minor incident of road rage. And for the record, I've lived and driven in high density
    huge cities and very small urban communities, and everything in between.

And for the many who think their guns would save them in this situation, what makes you think the guys in the other 4
    vehicles aren't similarly armed if not more so?
    mkh likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    And for the many who think their guns would save them in this situation, what makes you think the guys in the other 4
    For starters they threw a metal... hook... thing at the window...

So you wouldn't shoot because you don't know if they have a gun or not? Why do you carry then? I normally agree with you on a lot of things... but not this one...
    gigamortis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Exactly. And like one poster said this is a heavy drug route, I can almost guarantee that the drivers of the vehicles( if associated with the drug trade) had fully auto assault rifles. It's a very scary situation to be in. The people got home alive and safe and that's what matters. Had they pulled a gun, it could have ended worse.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    For starters they threw a metal... hook... thing at the window...

So you wouldn't shoot because you don't know if they have a gun or not? Why do you carry then? I normally agree with you on a lot of things... but not this one...
    Are you suggesting you would get in a high speed gun battle on the highway with your pregnant wife in the car, against 4 other vehicles with unknown number of persons and weapons in each?
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Exactly. And like one poster said this is a heavy drug route, I can almost guarantee that the drivers of the vehicles( if associated with the drug trade) had fully auto assault rifles. It's a very scary situation to be in. The people got home alive and safe and that's what matters. Had they pulled a gun, it could have ended worse. But as for what I would have done. I think i would have drawn. That is the reason I carry.
    Here is the key line from the story: "The two were traveling from Houston and headed back to the Rio Grande Valley last Friday. It was after midnight and they were driving down South Highway 281." I put two words in bold.

As others have posted here many times, nothing good happens after midnight. I'm not trying to shift the blame to the
    victims, but folks, there are some things common sense argues against doing.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Are you suggesting you would get in a high speed gun battle on the highway with your pregnant wife in the car, against 4 other vehicles with unknown number of persons and weapons in each?
    I said if I was in his same situation. Which to recap is: At a complete stop surrounded by 4 cars (ON THE HIGHWAY) throwing metal through the window. I don't know where you got the high speed gun battle from. Just sitting there would be completely foolish.

That is true, When i travel I almost always plan to arrive at my destination before 11pm.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Call 911 and stay in contact with dispatch. Do what they recommended.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links