Unsafe gunplay- what do you do? - Page 2

Unsafe gunplay- what do you do?

This is a discussion on Unsafe gunplay- what do you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fight or flight are the only two options I see....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Unsafe gunplay- what do you do?

VIP Member
    Fight or flight are the only two options I see.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I'm twirling my gun while reading this... I sure hope no one gets shot

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I'm twirling my gun while reading this... I sure hope no one gets shot
    I'll twirl a DA/SA, but I draw the line at a Glock. I can twirl my rifle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I'll twirl a DA/SA, but I draw the line at a Glock. I can twirl my rifle, too.
    When I started it; it was to see if the gun would go off. I got to say I have been doing it for a while and still the gun never went off and this is with a 3.5 lb connector

shoot them in the knee so the zombies get them and you can get away...
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

No time for talk....take 'em out!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GJ44 View Post
    No time for talk....take 'em out!!!!!
    "He was twirling his gun so I shot him your honor"good luck with that one.
    Usually but not always in these situations the dipsticks have been drinking adult beverages and feel an urge to prove how good they handle a gun,usually trying to impress a female.I'm either gonna ask if I can see the gun and then like someone else said field strip it and give him back everything minus the barrel,or if he continues and won't give up the gun he goes to jail for reckless endangerment,and I will press charges,if you want to take on the responsibility of owning/carrying a firearm there are certain responsibilities that go along with that
    W9HDG likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    First choice is to leave by the fastest and safest route.

Second choice would be to taser the idiot and watch him jerk on the floor.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would leave in a heart beat

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    wearing a 1/2 finger glove and my fast draw rig i taught myself. when i joined up with CASS id get a technical or even DQ'ed cause my draw was to also cock the hammer* and thus my 1st shot was a fast as the muzzel was pointed where my eyes were looking. than fan with the thumb ans pinky twice took the next to pairs,
    5 shots on target wicked fast but not with the bbl at eye level.

the local club put up with me (rather as an example of what not to do....) but at the formal meets.....well, i could not break a habit i learned when i was 14 so i would
    qualify for the reginals each year but not go for the main matches. now the side matches...they were fun!!

but i never twirled cause i always practiced and played with live ammo, standard load. 45 LC, 250 gr LFP ( fit in the rifle better)

* google sammy davis jr fast draw to see fine gun handling
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    I almost never use foul language so when I break out the F-bomb it really shocks people. I save the f-bomb for really important stuff like this. I'd hit this guy with some really loud and nasty words, words that would hit him like a punch in the gut.

I am a nice guy but when I break out the "big boy" voice I never have to say things twice.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Things like this are why I don't go to public shooting ranges anymore, because when the line goes cold and some guy is playing with his gun and swings the muzzle across you and your friends..nothing will cease it unless you leave. He is a fool and cannot be talked to reasonably. But I would probably just go outside to "call my Mom" and not look back.

Irresponsability and stupidity breed injury and death, I'd be gone like the wind and IF I knew this vegetable I'd probably call him the next day to offer an epitaph:

Here lies Lester Moore
    A slug from a .44
    No less no more
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Do you think that it would be justified to draw down on a moron like this until they stop their stupid actions? If they react in a belligerent manner when you confront them to stop would it be justified to shoot? They may not intend harm but their actions are putting any reasonable person at risk.

Once again, what would you do?
    Please tell me the above quote was just thrown out there as another off the cuff comment. If not, with all due respect, you are worse than the cowboy. He may be a fool but you have crossed the line into illegality, brandishing, threatening.

Only Lucas McCain can really twirl a rifle:

The Rifleman intro - YouTube
    Last edited by suntzu; May 7th, 2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: I posted this in the Glock twirling thread. Sorry for the multiple posts
    tundra likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links