Real Scenario: A Guy Is Put Into A Coma For A Passing Comment

This is a discussion on Real Scenario: A Guy Is Put Into A Coma For A Passing Comment within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there something in the water up around Seattle/Tacoma? Seems I am hearing bad news from there almost daily....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Real Scenario: A Guy Is Put Into A Coma For A Passing Comment

Is there something in the water up around Seattle/Tacoma? Seems I am hearing bad news from there almost daily.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Nothing good happens in or around bars. Plenty of good, decent people go to bars, but the few elements of low-life scum that hang around them make it a very rare occasion where you would find me in one.
    ducatirider and mr.stuart like this.

If it was my kid I think his lawyer would receive an anonymous donation to bond him out,he would fail to show for trial date LEO would be unable to locate him and he would be considered on the run,but Something tells me they would never find him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    According to a probable cause document, Lehman suddenly hit Foster once in the face. Eyewitnesses said Foster stood motionless, then Lehman hit him again, this time much harder. Foster fell to the ground and struck his head on the pavement. Witnesses said they heard Lehman say, "I put people to sleep, that's what I do," as he left the scene.
    Now lets see if this clown can put Rufus and Leroy to sleep, when they want warm sudsy showers at 2 in the morning at the
    "Iron Bar Bed & Breakfast".
    Bark'n likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Idiot gets all cocky over a sucker-punch. I can just hope and pray that one of mine is never a victim of something like this. There will be hell to pay.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Idiot gets all cocky over a sucker-punch. I can just hope and pray that one of mine is never a victim of something like this. There will be hell to pay.
    AMEN! See post #18 and remember...there is no DNA in alligator poop.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Nothing good happens in or around bars. Plenty of good, decent people go to bars, but the few elements of low-life scum that hang around them make it a very rare occasion where you would find me in one.
    I went to a bar (pub) outside London, and met up with an American ex-pat working on his PhD. We're still friends to this day. My regular watering hole is full of freindly folks with whom I will share a drink and a discussion. I have never witnessed "scum" hanging around this place. Of course, it's more of a restaurant than a pure saloon, but that's part of the reason it's not a dive.

Very "rare occasion"? If it's so dangerous, why would someone who felt like you EVER go into one?

The media throws in the word "bar" as if the venue adds some kind of angle to the story. It says the kid who was punched didn't own a car. Was the victim even old enough to be in/at a bar? This obviously didn't actually happen in the bar, unless the assailant parked his car inside the bar itself.

This story has no stated connection to the fact a bar was nearby. The media, as usual, tries to "color" the story with these tidbits just so the little old ladies can cluck their tongues and claim the reason this happened is that is was near a "bar". Thanks for taking the bait.

Wife & young daughter with Lehman in video as he pleads not quilty & walks out on bail. I hope life as he has known it will be forever changed with years of jail time, legal fees out the kazoo, civil law suit judgements against him, wife divorcing him eventually over all this, etc.

Lehman deserves everything that will be coming his way. I hope he pays dearly in many ways for decades to come. A truely disgusting example of a human being.
    Stubborn likes this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

M.
    That makes me so angry it's not even funny.

Roid Rage Much?

Really a stupid act, the guy deserves to spend a long time in jail.

I would point out that those who say that they would not draw a gun on an unarmed man because they do not pose a serious threat, here's a case where the firt punch stunned the victum to the point he could flee or defend himself. The second one and the fall to the pavement did the rest. I hope he recovers.

If your in a confrontation that you did not start, and it appears that you might be attacked retreat if possible but don't wait until the beating starts to defend yourself. One good (or lucky)punch is all it takes to render you
    defenseless.
    rammerjammer likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Sometimes there is no sense in what people do. This arrogant guy needs to pay a very heavy price for his senseless actions. If they take him to trial and convict him for assault and the young man in coma dies....can they come back and put him on another trial for murder?

I believe he can be tried for murder. There is no double jeopardy involved, since the charges are different.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    As RetSupt would say "Tie him up and feed him to the gators"
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

What makes it even worse is that the victim was passing on a compliment to the BG and his car. Who can't take a darn compliment? The BG was obviously a ticking time bomb of violence who was just looking for a fight even when nothing warranted one.

Unwarranted beat downs like this really bring into question of when it is appropriate to use deadly force. I'm not a tough guy and could easily be in the same position of having someone attack me unwarranted and with two punches my head could also hit a curb and put me in a coma or kill me.

I also like cars and tend to compliment the older guys driving around in their classics with a thumbs up, a nod or even a quick positive comment in traffic. I do not give the same compliments to the younger dbags driving their blinged up cars in fear of something like what happened to the victim in the story.
    claude clay likes this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I do not give the same compliments to the younger dbags driving their blinged up cars in fear of something like what happened to the victim in the story.
    I don't give them compliments because their cars don't deserve them...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links