Learned a Lesson by Dropping the Ball - Page 2

Learned a Lesson by Dropping the Ball

This is a discussion on Learned a Lesson by Dropping the Ball within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks, I do keep my nightstand gun(s) in a V-Line, no power supply needed, I do have a GunVault but will never trust one again. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Learned a Lesson by Dropping the Ball

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Thanks, I do keep my nightstand gun(s) in a V-Line, no power supply needed, I do have a GunVault but will never trust one again. For me the V-Line is the top nightstand safe on the market and has been 100% reliable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    It's very difficult to execute perfectly on a daily basis.

Last week, the doorbell rang at my house, and as I was getting my 1911 out of the safe to go answer the door, my wife and son had already beat me to it, and flung the door wide open (it was just my niece stopping by).

Yeah, they know better. I console myself that I was ready, even if it was after the door was open.

It's good to plan and recognize where you can do things better, but I also plan and train for when things don't.

BTW, I like the pic of Duke in your avatar. He looks like a fun little pup.
    Not wanting to bust you to bad, but have you considered keeping your gun on you at home? If someone decides to kick in the door instead of ring the door bell you might not hsve time to get to the safe even if your family doesn't go to the door. At home I am always armed unless I'm in bed, then the gun is next to my nightstand.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Not wanting to bust you to bad, but have you considered keeping your gun on you at home? If someone decides to kick in the door instead of ring the door bell you might not hsve time to get to the safe even if your family doesn't go to the door. At home I am always armed unless I'm in bed, then the gun is next to my nightstand.
    That's certainly a valid question, and one that I have considered many times. Security is gradients of compromise and I've determined that I just prefer not to be armed in my castle. I've placed firearms secured in quick-access safes throughout the house as a work-around. From anywhere in the house, I'm not more than six steps from access.

Yes, that is definitely slower access than having it on me during every waking moment. It's just the compromise that I choose in my home. I admire your tenacity to stay armed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links