Barber and customer robbed

This is a discussion on Barber and customer robbed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by First Sgt I agree with suntzu, toooo many factors in this situation....However...MY main question is: What happens when they discover you have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Barber and customer robbed

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I agree with suntzu, toooo many factors in this situation....However...MY main question is: What happens when they discover you have a concealed weapon as they collect your goodies?
    If I have cash on me it's usually for a specific purchase. That said, I likely would've only had $20 or so on me.

I grew up in a bad neighborhood. Never been robbed. Usually in those situations though the criminals are more focused on speed than being thorough. If IWB I doubt you'd be discovered in most cases.

Not worth the fight though. With tech though it's going to get worse and worse for thieves.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That is not true if it is for a robbery. Even if they kill they usually get the goods first. It is quicker than taking it off of dead bodies. So I would not use that logic at all!!
    Pro tip: Most criminals don't follow your idea of logic. That's why they are criminals.

...just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Pro tip: Most criminals don't follow your idea of logic. That's why they are criminals.

...just sayin'....
    It is not my logic. Most of the time (at least the crimes I read in the news) the BG's shoot to kill after they get the loot. They normally don't kill, make noise, then go through the bodies to get the loot. Point I was making is don't feel safe becasue they did not kill you when they went through the door.

just sayin...

VIP Member
    My barber also manages rental properties. A couple thugs walked in and tried to 'negotiate' (in a very threatening manner) the rental rate for one of the properties. She chewed them out like a couple of school children and chased them out into the street, telling them never to come back.

I asked her what her plan was if they pulled guns, and she said she wasn't worried (pointing to her IWB) and stating that she figured that the rest of us were carrying and had her covered (she was right - my gun was actually laying in my lap, under the sheet).

I guess this is a good reason not to pocket carry your firearm. If I empty all my pockets, my keys, wallet, and knife will be on the floor. My OC spray and my gun will still be on me as they are not in my pockets.

Based on the scenario I would probably drop what was in my pockets. If there was a definative moment where I see I could be effective in taking out both bad guys with little risk to myself or the others, especially the children in the shop I might take it.. Other than that, I guess you get a license plate and go from there.

I guess it pays to have just enough hair left that I can cut it myself with a set of Wahl's that I don't have to be in the barber shop, but I still go with my son.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Sometimes you just gotta know when the other side has the upper hand
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

If it were me, I would have been OCing my 1911 (because its so pretty) they would have seen it and ran out the door. Problem solved....
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    . . . she figured that the rest of us were carrying and had her covered (she was right - my gun was actually laying in my lap, under the sheet).

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    . . . I'm not going up against an AK with a handgun.
    Probably the best idea, unless you're given no other option.

Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

VIP Member
    I need to rent that movie again. Yah, I taught Clint everything he knows...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links