Not open for further replies.

Situational Awareness and Going Blindly Through Non-Glass Doors

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  claude clay 
#1 · (Edited)
after little consideration im going dump the original and go with
1-open door
2-walk through
3-shot anything that suprises you--hopefully before it gets you

--------odd how a discussion elsewhere compared to here....

#3 ·
most floor to ceiling glass doors have decals to help prevent that.
can you pull with the other hand? sorry about that, chief.

did you be tuned into Jerry and forget where you were?

#8 ·
I have to agree with you. We go from being prepared to being a little paranoid.

#9 ·
i rather thought i was clear on this concerning doors that allow you no vision on the other side till you are there. especially undergroundparking garages and many apartment lower levels.

but its kudos for the dude with the camera and the actors for their portrayal of the situtation.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vaC6jCIyLo&feature=related
though they do not offer advice on avoiding it all together, just how to shoot someone rightly

guess im not good at getting a point across or the camera is mighter than the word.

Cold Shot, Harrball....there is a world of difference between prepared and paranoid
but you already know that....and how to discern it too...

#11 ·
i rather thought i was clear on this concerning doors that allow you no vision on the other side till you are there. especially undergroundparking garages and many apartment lower levels.

but its kudos for the dude with the camera and the actors for their portrayal of the situtation.Wrong and Right Way to Shoot Someone (Best Defense) - YouTube
though they do not offer advice on avoiding it all together, just how to shoot someone rightly

guess im not good at getting a point across or the camera is mighter than the word.

Cold Shot, Harrball....there is a world of difference between prepared and paranoid
but you already know that....and how to discern it too...
Sorry Claude, Im not that paranoid about what is around the corner. The Boogie man is out there, but he isnt behind every door....

#13 ·
I don't see it as paranoia but rather as a practical way to approach the problem. and a good way to practice awareness. What if there is someone on the other side about to exit? What if it's someone you want to avoid for some reason. There could be a number of practical reasons for wanting to know what is there. It seems a bit like slicing the pie as you go in. If you make a practice of this, it will become second nature and be there for you if/when you need it. Similar to looking both ways before you cross the road, as always looking for a place to land the plane, if you are a pilot. The time to train is before you need it and what better way to do that than to make it a part of your everyday routine. OK, it's not exactly training, but it is mindset.

#14 ·
Hoganbeg, thank you for seeing it as im trying to put it across.

proactive, prepared...not in the least paranoid. rather just a continuation of the
mindset, the "what-if" game many who have had training carry a gun with.

of course one ( well a couple here already) may blithely go through their day with
the feeling that trouble that leaps out at you can be delt with with a gun
rather than proactive avoidance.

blood shed avioded is also a fight won

#15 ·
Utterly silly. Although there was a research paper published recently that observed that people tend to forget what is happening when they pass from one door through another. The idea is that passing through a doorway involves a "change of state" such that one subconsciously needs to re-orient to new surroundings.

#17 ·
yup--its utterly silly to plan or be proactive
i'm heading out now to practice my tumbling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.