Flash Mobs what would you do? - Page 2

Flash Mobs what would you do?

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs what would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru It seems no matter what wait to get assaulted first so you can claim you feared for your life. without no ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Flash Mobs what would you do?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    It seems no matter what wait to get assaulted first so you can claim you feared for your life. without no proof of any kind it is going to be hard to sway the public your way
    Your concern is certainly understandable. However if you're gonna wait until you get jumped by several people to employ lethal force, you probably will never get the chance.

I prefer to be represented by an attorney that understands disparity of force.
    Spirit51, tcox4freedom and JDE101 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Your concern is certainly understandable. However if you're gonna wait until you get jumped by several people to employ lethal force, you probably will never get the chance.

I prefer to be represented by an attorney that understands disparity of force.
    By all means if YOU feel threatened get ready and maybe pull your piece (brandishing is legal in Texas) but to prove a bunch of kids walking by you was a threat just because they out number you is a tough sell.

Shoot someone in a store while they are grabbing candy bars and soft drinks are a tough call too. Where you in fear for your life while all this is happening is going to be the question.

Move to a defensive position in a corner or even behind the counter and put something in between you and them and when that is breeched then you have a real threat
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I believe the term is now "wilding" and stems from the Central Park Jogger Case.
    Urban Dictionary: wilding
    Central Park Jogger case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    If confronted with this type of behaviour I can't imagine any other reaction except attempting to protect myself with any means possible. I doubt if I would prevail but self preservation seems human nature.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Sadly these are getting more common it seems. The basic scenario that concerns me is:
    You : male late middle age decent shape average ht/wieght. Standard carry gear is listed in scenario

A 1 vs many and includes females. Say a half dozen teens to early 20's
    You are carrying a high capacity 9mm concealed
    Surrounded. The intend is obvious; the goal is not good (robbery, assult etc)
    Also available is a cellphone, OC, knife and car keys

My nightmare scenario , not a actual event but inspired by the traveler assaulted in Baltimore, so use that as the basis
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2fNik7oNk

I just changed the age , and added so carry items
    What would you do? I find these exercises very helpful to as the Scouts say "be prepared" .

Edit: added some details...

Sent from my 300 baud modem
    Well to answer what is in bold. Sex and age play no part in my response. If I find myself trapped in a situation where there is a disparity of force, I'm taking out the closest threat and working from there. If it happens to be a female or a teenager, that is their problem, not mine. If they throw out the first pitch, I'm going to swing for the fence.
    tcox4freedom and JDE101 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So many variables, more than in a normal self-defense sittuation. Yes, try to extricate yourself from the sittuation, give verbal warnings, but when it becomes clear they are intent on harming you (whatever that looks like), then you are really out of options. Hopefully they all see a gun and decide to run. If not, hopefully the rest learn from the example of the closest one.

The problem will then come in that there are multiple witnesses (the mob) who will say they were not threatening you and you just pulled out a gun and started shooting their little group get together. I guess I would rather deal with that, than not have to deal with anything anymore, but man I hope there are survellance cameras around if this ever happens to me.
    Walk softly ...

The key is to understand how disparity of force applies to "force in numbers" (large group or mob) and to act accordingly.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Well to answer what is in bold. Sex and age play no part in my response. If I find myself trapped in a situation where there is a disparity of force, I'm taking out the closest threat and working from there. If it happens to be a female or a teenager, that is their problem, not mine. If they throw out the first pitch, I'm going to swing for the fence.
    So the stated number in the scenario is half a dozen...

So, if you're surrounded by six angry 5th graders, you're going to shoot them if they throw the first punch or even a rock or two? Ahh hmm. Okay.

I hope you've got a pretty good attorney. I think at some point you're going to have to look at the totality of the circumstances.
    Badey likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Well, I'd try to get out if at all possible. The best way to win that fight is to not fight it. If we're talking half a dozen teens, I can't imagine having too much trouble getting away. I'm 24 and in very good shape. If my wife was with me it would change things. She's in good shape too, but probably not as fast as a teenage boy in good shape. Assuming my wife is with me in that situation, which is likely, I'd draw and start yelling, then she'd draw and do the same. Again try to escape. If escape becomes impossible, her 7+1 and spare 7 of 9mm and my 10+1 and spare 10 of .40 come into play. More than enough lead for half a dozen assailants at that range in my opinion.

Bark'n posted while I was typing. Assuming that age assailants, I'd probably laugh unless they pulled out some serious weaponry. Call the cops and fend them off with soft attacks. Once they hit the teenage-ish years, they're adults to me.
    Bark'n likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

weither im armed properly or not (Getting out of work at a school district) if there intent on harming me, im harming as many of them as possible. Stainless steel zebra pen does wonders if applied properly.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

That isn't the worst case in my book. The one I worry about is the "knockout game." Someone with no warning steps up and cold cocks you, and then a bunch set upon you.

If my head is still working, there will be blood before they get my gun.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

If mob of people flashed me, I'd do one of three things:

1) Laugh
    2) Take a picture
    3) Flash them back

I'm thinking #3 would probably send them all on their way expeditiously.
    Spade115 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    There are already plenty of threads about this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    So many variables, more than in a normal self-defense sittuation. Yes, try to extricate yourself from the sittuation, give verbal warnings, but when it becomes clear they are intent on harming you (whatever that looks like), then you are really out of options. Hopefully they all see a gun and decide to run. If not, hopefully the rest learn from the example of the closest one.

The problem will then come in that there are multiple witnesses (the mob) who will say they were not threatening you and you just pulled out a gun and started shooting their little group get together. I guess I would rather deal with that, than not have to deal with anything anymore, but man I hope there are survellance cameras around if this ever happens to me.
    I've been a similar experience where the witnesses against me were BG participants. It cost me one day in jail, $1000's of dollars & a few days in court. But, I was found innocent of any wrong doing.

-

My first reaction to this scenario is that I wouldn't be there in the first place! SA is you friend! I can't conceive of being anyplace where a large number of teenagers or young adults are going to "suddenly" appear out of nowhere and surround me without my being aware of the "gathering" in advance! Star Trek isn't real and people don't just transport from point A to point B and "magically appear!

HOWEVER, if by some chance my SA suddenly became so out of tune that a mob "magically" appeared around me with no advance warning, I would first attemp to get out of Dodge. If that was impossible and I felt my life was being threatened, I would try to turn the leader's head into and exploded bloody mess and so on down the line until the "mob" either lost all interest in their "mob" activity or I ran out of ammo and succumbed to the zombie. I'm 70 and I don't run very well or fight very well anymore, and I hope to live out the rest of my life in a peaceful manner. But if my life is threatened, I don't care if you are 12 or 120, male, female, or indeterminate. Just my .02.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I've been a similar experience where the witnesses against me were BG participants. It cost me one day in jail, $1000's of dollars & a few days in court. But, I was found innocent of any wrong doing.

-
    I tell students that if they ever pull their gun, regardless of circumstances, they will likely take a ride and be parting with some attorney's fees. Glad it all worked out for you.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links