Flash Mobs what would you do?

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs what would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sadly these are getting more common it seems. The basic scenario that concerns me is: You : male late middle age decent shape average ht/wieght. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Flash Mobs what would you do?

Sadly these are getting more common it seems. The basic scenario that concerns me is:
    You : male late middle age decent shape average ht/wieght. Standard carry gear is listed in scenario

A 1 vs many and includes females. Say a half dozen teens to early 20's
    You are carrying a high capacity 9mm concealed
    Surrounded. The intend is obvious; the goal is not good (robbery, assult etc)
    Also available is a cellphone, OC, knife and car keys

My nightmare scenario , not a actual event but inspired by the traveler assaulted in Baltimore, so use that as the basis
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue2fNik7oNk

I just changed the age , and added so carry items
    What would you do? I find these exercises very helpful to as the Scouts say "be prepared" .

Edit: added some details...

Sent from my 300 baud modem

I'm confused as to what the scenario is, any other hypothetical details? I don't think you really mean a flash mob.

Depends on a whole lot of factors that you haven't specified.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

First of all...I take all measures I can to Avoid these kinds of places in questionable parts of town.

IF I were caught in a group whose odious intent was to rob or beat me...I would have no choice but to draw and fire until my weapon was empty. You may ask why. Let me explain.

If their intent was to attack me...if I didn't draw and fire...they would find my weapon and I will NOT be shot with my own gun. If the sudden gun fire didn't run the ones left standing off, at least they get a empty gun. What other choice would one have?
    joker1, mano3, JDE101 and 3 others like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

This was covered in this thread

Flash Mobs - Who Would Draw?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Flash mobs are often ripping off some retail or convenience store. If so, I get out of their way.

So for some bizarre reason they are even aware of and come after little ol' me? I turn the closest one's head into a canoe, and deal with the rest on a first-come first-serve basis.

I'm not worried about youth doing childish things for fun. When the first ones head explodes brain matter and skull fragments all over the damn place the fun is over.

If that doesn't work, I fight until I win or am dead. Big deal, any day is as good as the next to die for me. But it's highly doubtful my attackers will share my enthusiasm and embrace of going out in a blaze of " gory".
    mkh, joker1, mano3 and 6 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post

And here as well:

Flash Mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post

Not really. The thread noted was cut from a Japanese car commercial. I am basing this with a few tactical tools on reality

What I * think * I would do:

Do a 180 look for cover and hopefully some higher ground if even steps to a porch.
    If they get within the 3' personal space , spray with OC
    Tactical retreat >>> run if all else fails.
    Call PD
    If still advancing pull firearm from a defensive position

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    Not really. The thread noted was cut from a Japanese car commercial. I am basing this with a few tactical tools on reality

I thought it would be the same in principle.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

It seems no matter what wait to get assaulted first so you can claim you feared for your life. without no proof of any kind it is going to be hard to sway the public your way

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Flash mobs are often ripping off some retail or convenience store. If so, I get out of their way.

So for some bizarre reason they are even aware of and come after little ol' me? I turn the closest one's head into a canoe, and deal with the rest on a first-come first-serve basis.
    Exactly!
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I'm confused as to what the scenario is, any other hypothetical details? I don't think you really mean a flash mob.
    Flash mobs have moved far beyond their innocent beginnings of people gathering somewhere for song or dance. Now,they are also used to cause medlam such as stealing from convenience stores or attacking people etc.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    It seems no matter what wait to get assaulted first so you can claim you feared for your life. without no proof of any kind it is going to be hard to sway the public your way
    Yep. That's the problem. I think the only tactics have to show you did a progressive increase in lethality based on response. That a clear option was given to disengage was given by retreating. Shooting first in all probability will by you jail time IMO

Flash mob theft or flash mob robbery, similar to a looting is something that would be hard to control. Many seem to happen with security cameras recording and then the people eventually get rounded up.

Unless it turns into an attack or they are taking your livelihood stay out of the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links