Do you think about it? - Page 4

Do you think about it?

This is a discussion on Do you think about it? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't necessarily train for unfolding of specific events in a certain order or manner. To me it is more like exercising my mind and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Do you think about it?

I don't necessarily train for unfolding of specific events in a certain order or manner. To me it is more like exercising my mind and physical abilities so that I have the skills to efficiently and effectively employ the process to recognize, analyze, and act based on the circumstances as they unfold.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I've trained and competed in martial arts for (well over) the past 30 yrs. And one thing that I've learned and teach others is to "clear your mind" (roughly translated as "mu" in Japanese) while sparring/fighting. Yes, there are combative techniques, such as, distance, timing, movement, SA, etc., to be aware of, however, if you are "thinking" about these things while sparring/fighting, generally, you will lose the match/bout. That is why most (here) will recommend that you attend "tactical" classes, then train A LOT and take into consideration those those variables, OODA loops, et.al., notwithstanding, that the OP listed during training. So that, at the moment of SD/SHTF, hopefully, everything will become second nature and purely reactive without much "thought". JMHO.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Much like golf. The swing should be muscle memory. Your mind should be visualizing the flight of the ball not thinking about swing mechanics. If you're thinking about swing mechanics while playing golf, you've messed up before you even start. The driving range is where you work on that stuff, not out on the course.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Much like golf. The swing should be muscle memory. Your mind should be visualizing the flight of the ball not thinking about swing mechanics. If you're thinking about swing mechanics while playing golf, you've messed up before you even start. The driving range is where you work on that stuff, not out on the course.
    ...unless you are "you-know-who". Hint: TW
    BugDude likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links