magazine disconnect

This is a discussion on magazine disconnect within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are we talking about the mag dropping completely out of the gun? If there is a round in the chamber, it's still dangerous. I think. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: magazine disconnect

Are we talking about the mag dropping completely out of the gun? If there is a round in the chamber, it's still dangerous. I think. The gun will still "shoot" with the mag. out but I'm presuming a completely empty gun. My CZ82 will do both DA and SA with no mag in but I've only done dry firing. I'm presuming that if there were a round in the chamber than it would fire. Am I missing something?
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    My new little Taurus PT22 has a mag disconnect safety and I hate it. The only reason I haven't tried to disable/remove it is because of the factory warranty...

But, now I have to investigate...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Senior Moderator
    Are we talking about the mag dropping completely out of the gun? If there is a round in the chamber, it's still dangerous. I think. The gun will still "shoot" with the mag. out but I'm presuming a completely empty gun. My CZ82 will do both DA and SA with no mag in but I've only done dry firing. I'm presuming that if there were a round in the chamber than it would fire. Am I missing something?
    Yes you are.

A magazine disconnect renders the trigger useless. The round that is in the chamber WILL NOT FIRE if the magazine is disconnected.
    You cant just load one in the chamber and shoot. Without the magazine in it, it is useless.

If you gun still shoots without a magazine in it, then it does not have a magazine disconnector in it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Interesting. Guess my CZ82 falls into an old way of doing things. Of course I have never tried to fire a single live round chambered with no magazine in but it will dry fire quite ok without a magazine loaded.

I just did a little research and the CZ82 does NOT have a magazine disconnect. Now I know.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links