Shot at while driving - Page 2

Shot at while driving

This is a discussion on Shot at while driving within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't know, try to get the plate number and call the police....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shot at while driving

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Don't know, try to get the plate number and call the police.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Evade & 911

Quote Originally Posted by DanDglassman View Post
    Story sounds fishy. I bet something provoked the shot. Hard to say what I would do. I would want to put distance between myself and the offender. I would do this either by rapidly braking - allowing them to drive away, or slowing and performing the PIT maneuver taking the offender off the road allowing for my escape.
    Some people don't need provocation. How many shooting incidents and dropping of rocks from over passes have been in the news over the years.

Here in Tennessee there was a case of two teenage punk idiots shooting at cars on I40 near Newport. Their actions resulted in one injured and one killed.

Another case on I75 north of Knoxville resulted in the death of a lady when four punk idiot waste of human bodies dropped a very large rock from an overpass.

And that's just here around my little neck of the woods. Google "shots fired on interstate" and "rocks dropped from overpass" if you would like to see just how widespread these tragic incidents are.

So no, I must disagree with you. There are many "people" out there that don't need any provocation to attempt to take a life.

Did Video Game Drive Teens to Shootings? - ABC News

Murder charges in death of woman struck by rock on I-75

I worked just outside Detroit for a few years. One of my co workers said that he had someone chasing him and shooting at his car one night. Other co workers suggested that he pay his crack bill. Sad but very true story.

Hit the brakes and get behind him asap. If he slows way down, I turn off, if I can't I'm gonna floor it and go (last resort). I will also be accessing my own pistol and be ready to return fire.

All that is pretty moot though, I ain't on the roads at 1:30am. Momma always said "nothing good happens after midnight". (this was after the obligatory "life is like a box of chocolates" comment)

Ahh! "SPY HUNTER" game. I wish I had the machine guns, smoke screen, oil slick and missles on my ride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links