Does your spouse know what to do if you're forced to draw your weapon?

This is a discussion on Does your spouse know what to do if you're forced to draw your weapon? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tcox - I am proud to be a profiler! I tell my son to profile. The BGs don't fight fair and actively profile for their ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Does your spouse know what to do if you're forced to draw your weapon?

Tcox - I am proud to be a profiler!
    I tell my son to profile.
    The BGs don't fight fair and actively profile for their victims. Therefore, I will profile right back!

I am tired of being PC. If that makes me a bad person/racist/slob etc. When it comes to me and my families safety, then that is the way it is.

BTW - I prefer Bigot. I don't care what color/race/sex/religion/economic status you are. I treat everyone with respect until you prove that you don't deserve my respect.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by catt101 View Post
    Now, go grab a good pair of sunglasses and sit back, have a soda, and just watch!
    My career involves me flying a lot. I have every intent of spending departure gate time lost in reading. Well it doesn't turn out that way as I tend to spend more of the time just watching people. I guess a natural curiosity and something of a fiction writer's imagination causes me to just wonder and speculate on people and their lives.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Quote Originally Posted by danwdooley View Post
    Just not sure I could list it in concrete descriptive terms.
    You are right. There is also a lot to be said about INTUITION.

I wish my wife was more like Reba's character in Tremors. Her and Michael Gross are a gun loving husband wife team. I like it.

mano3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I wish my wife was more like Reba's character in Tremors. Her and Michael Gross are a gun loving husband wife team. I like it.

I think mine is on the way. (We just can't afford the same kind of arsenal.)

Quote Originally Posted by tnlc9 View Post
    we BOTH carry ... whoever can, will use deadly force when the need arises.

sent from my sending device

Same here.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Wife's job is to escape and evade (along with kids or grandkids) as she knows that I am going to be the center of attention.

Jim
    Last edited by GentlemanJim; June 3rd, 2012 at 12:16 PM.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I think mine is on the way. (We just can't afford the same kind of arsenal.)
    Ordering from Russia?

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Ordering from Russia?

That's the trouble with forum communication; you need to think harder about what you're writing before your press the "Post" key.

My wife and I both carry 24/7 (main and BUG), and the arsenal is tailored to the situation; i.e. going to the market, hiking, downtown, etc.

We have practiced a lot together both at home and at the range (not to mention several 'operator schools' for different kinds of scenarios with various firearms from handguns to EBRs to shotguns (she loves 12 gauge). Regardless of the fact that even the best thought-out plans go to hell when the SHTF, I'm quite confident that we as a team we will do the right thing.

We use a foreign language for communication in potential situations (not to scare anyone at the supermarket or gas station), and SA is our primary focus outside our house (she is very observant).

We'll discriminate to the fullest.

So far we've been able to avoid several situations where the use of deadly force would have been the end result. I like that.

So, OP, yes, my wife knows what to do.

Stay safe you all.

Very interesting. I will be having a talk with my loved ones about this soon. It's a great point to bring up. If the wife said anything it could even cause the BG's flinch reaction to fire his weapon. Great post.
    iKelvin
    Glock 19 4th Gen

My wife and kids do. Things were about to get ugly quick one day (it's a long story) and she quickly grabbed the one kid that was with us and moved back and out of the way. If we're out somewhere and walking up on something that doesn't look good, they slightly drop back to my left (or right, depending). Little things like that can make a difference. I don't go running drills with them other than in the house, though it's a good idea and I should, but they're pretty good about listening.

The key thing for me is they get off the line quickly and my wife protects the kids, at all costs. Maternal instincts are strong, so I have no doubt if things go horribly wrong, she do whatever is necessary to protect the kids. But, if it's anything like previous situations I've been in, it'll just be a good show… (sorry).

Oh, there are a few little things if something seems off, like using middle names.

My little girl is probably more ready than my wife is though...

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I (we) used to have an excellent team on the battlefield. I enjoyed it for better than two years. Team broke up.....kinda like one of those 80's rock bands. I left her with a Glock, and that's the best I could do. I kinda miss those days, but after all, I'm pretty much independent for good reasons. These days I seek fewer responsibilities, and I dislike funerals. It is what it is. I still keep in touch with the ex. She's still got the G26 and carrying. I'm sure she's learned to live without the team by now as well. Strong willed and at least my equal in that department if not more. I'll always respect her for what she's capable of. My once true 'other half'. I know I'll never find another. Moments in history. We live and we learn. I do miss the team spirit, but then again I know the basics.

I think you are right Scottie, coming from 26 years of PD experience my wife and kids operate in a very relaxed condition when they are with me. Most of the time they forget that I have amy LCP in my back pocket. If we were confronted they most likely would not see it coming. They most likely would panic. I do try to alert my wife and kids to potential BG's approaching on sidewalks etc...
    "Watch yer top knot."

1Az2Risk
    Kimber Ultra Carry
    Ruger LCP
    Rock River AR-15

It's something I've thought about quite a bit but there is no real plan in place. I carry, my husband does not. I worry it's human nature for him to try and protect the rest of us, but seeing as I'm the one armed... I've tried to say if something happens, get the kids and get out of my way. He rolls his eyes, but seriously, if you're not going to get your permit then get the kids and you out of my way! Luckily he works a lot and it's rare for us all to be together. I really should discuss it with the kids, that I haven't done, I like the idea of "drop"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links