Waffle House Encounter

This is a discussion on Waffle House Encounter within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 I'd of gone back to my truck, grabbed my 12 gauge pump shotgun and gone back in. Screamed at them to ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Waffle House Encounter

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I'd of gone back to my truck, grabbed my 12 gauge pump shotgun and gone back in. Screamed at them to "LISTEN UP" as I racked a round into the chamber. If they hadn't quieted down by then, I'd of fired a round into the ceiling to get their attention!

Seriously though. As Spirit51 said. Get up and leave. It's the managers problem, not yours.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

2. Remove Ads

Thought this would be about Colt Ford's song...

colt ford-waffle house - YouTube

VIP Member
    Leaving is important as mentioned. However, right before I left, I'd discreetly video the "mad house", call Waffle House Inc, and share the video with them. Since the manager is allowing this to go on, I doubt if calling him will help much help, but it probably should be done "for the record".

The deep concern is the patrons behavior and how/why it got like that.
    claude clay and accessbob like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    Twenty-somethings like that have been taught that they don't have to answer to anyone. They even get miffed when cops tell them what to do .
    This is so true!

I agree to normally leave. Way too much can go wrong by confronting the morons. A couple of times at sporting events I asked folks to watch their language (My son was 8-10 at the time). Both times it was 2 guys and 2 girls and they were just getting excited. First time was at a Washington Capitols game. I asked the kid next to me if they could just watch the language and he felt bad about it. We actually got along the rest of the game.
    Second time was at Boston Celtics games. I swear, if one were to profile you would have thought the 20 somethings (2 guys and 2 girls again) in front of us were gang bangers. Hispanic, tattoos, bling, just everything you could imagine in a rapper gone bad movie LOL. Anyway, same thing. They were just getting excited and I had a feeling they were good kids. They had the same reaction when I talked to them. They were very polite. In fact, you know the t-shirt cannons they use at games? They caught a t-shirt and gave it to my son. So not all 20 somethings are useless.
    I must admit that the cost of good seats at sporting event definitly was a factor. I am not walking away from seats 8 rows up in the corner of a hockey game. Plus, you have event security and very little chance of them waiting for you outside.
    joker1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDglassman View Post
    I would have asked them to watch their language. I've actually did a similar thing at a McD's.
    I've done the same thing and would do it again under the right circumstances. Living and working in a college town you see this kind of behavior far too often, and it really irks me that people have less and less respect for kids being around and the language they choose to use. I have no problem asking nicely once.

Way back before getting married and having kids, I was having dinner with some coworkers at a local "sports bar" type restaurant, and some of the people I was with were getting pretty loud and were cussing. When I suggested they keep it down a bit because of the families there too, one person piped up and said "well what do they expect at a place like this?!?". As much as that answer bugged me, that logic has driven many of my choices ever since.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I agree to normally leave. Way too much can go wrong by confronting the morons. A couple of times at sporting events I asked folks to watch their language (My son was 8-10 at the time). Both times it was 2 guys and 2 girls and they were just getting excited. First time was at a Washington Capitols game. I asked the kid next to me if they could just watch the language and he felt bad about it. We actually got along the rest of the game.
    Second time was at Boston Celtics games. I swear, if one were to profile you would have thought the 20 somethings (2 guys and 2 girls again) in front of us were gang bangers. Hispanic, tattoos, bling, just everything you could imagine in a rapper gone bad movie LOL. Anyway, same thing. They were just getting excited and I had a feeling they were good kids. They had the same reaction when I talked to them. They were very polite. In fact, you know the t-shirt cannons they use at games? They caught a t-shirt and gave it to my son. So not all 20 somethings are useless.
    I must admit that the cost of good seats at sporting event definitly was a factor. I am not walking away from seats 8 rows up in the corner of a hockey game. Plus, you have event security and very little chance of them waiting for you outside.
    People seem to think sporting events are for getting drunk and and socializing during the game. We had a lady puke all over the lady's back sitting next to us at a Bengals game; she was hammered drunk. This happened in the first quarter.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

What upset me was that the mgr. wouldn't say anything to them. He could have went to them, not made a scene and told them to settle down but didn't. My question is, would you have said anything to them ?
    It's not my job to maintain a proper business atmosphere in the Waffle House. I would have said nothing to the boorish crowd making the noise. The place is poorly managed and it isn't my problem. I would however let management know why I was making my exit.

There are a few eateries that I avoid specifically because of the atmosphere or the noise inside. I would add the Waffle House to that list. As for confronting an obnoxious crowd....I don't need trouble that I can easily avoid, especially while I'm armed.
    tcox4freedom and sayhibob like this.

Give the manager the opportunity to quiet down the crowd or leave immediately...I'd call 911 and imform them why I left w/o finishing or paying for my meal...was afraid the crowd was getting out of hand...my family's safety comes first.
    claude clay and First Sgt like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I also would have left after telling the manager why. Confronting a group of drunks is putting yourself in a bad situation. I'm sure some of our women would have said or wanted us to say something to them if they were with us. They just don't understand how the game changes when you're armed.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Give the manager the opportunity to quiet down the crowd or leave immediately...I'd call 911 and imform them why I left w/o finishing or paying for my meal...was afraid the crowd was getting out of hand...my family's safety comes first.
    I don't think that is a 911 call. If you gave the manager time to quiet them down you had time to pay your bill. Nowhere are they a threat at that point. Just an annoyance.
    l1a1 and Bigdawgderek like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesafreak View Post
    I also would have left after telling the manager why. Confronting a group of drunks is putting yourself in a bad situation. I'm sure some of our women would have said or wanted us to say something to them if they were with us. They just don't understand how the game changes when you're armed.
    I also really would be more concerned about sitting on my wife. She really thinks a good butt-chewing is what bad people need, and really has no concept regarding what evil people are capable of.

Good responses, just a shame mgmt. was so weak.

I'm not a Waffle House fan (I prefer my waffles with syrup but no nicotene), but I remember going through Biloxi after Katrina and the one thing that stuck out was that all the Waffle Houses were still standing, even in neighborhoods where everything else was flattened. I hypothesize that the grease seeps into the bricks and congeals into a substance that's not only waterproof, but also able to withstand sustained Hurricane-force winds.
    JoeK, msgt/ret and danwdooley like this.

I havenít eaten in one of them in years and all because of this song... there is some cursing (2or 3 words) in it so if this offends you do not open it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links