Waffle House Encounter

This is a discussion on Waffle House Encounter within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rolyat63 In 2008, my last visit to a waffle house, I witnessed some employees doing bad things, took pictures and disappointed that ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Waffle House Encounter

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rolyat63 View Post
    In 2008, my last visit to a waffle house, I witnessed some employees doing bad things, took pictures and disappointed that corporate could care less. I'm not sure if they are franchised or not but the HQ (in GA IIRC) didn't care.
    I understand, I phoned a Mexican food chain once, and it was like "ho-hum, we'll send you a coupon for a free cold drink".

That's too bad about your experience, as you said they may be franchises. One thing that will get their attention, and start to care, is when the local media does a story on them. The Health Dept can cause some grief too.

You know if people would just do their jobs, this thread probably wouldn't exist.
    rolyat63 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

911 is only useful if Mickey Ds forgets your nuggests.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Uhhhhh from an asphalt cowboy here, what exactly do you mean by cussing like truckers?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm assuming he meant swearing excessively. I wouldn't of said anything.. if I can watch Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy stand-up acts, I can deal with drunks cussing up a storm at at Waffle House. In fact, If I was there at the late night/early morning hour and there wasn't drunks there, I'd be worried they know something about the specific location I don't and would probably leave.

However, if I was with my son, it'd be a little different story. I wouldn't say anything and would just leave.

Just an update I started the post on June 4th and still no response from Corp. America.

I just ask myself if this is the hill I potentially want to die upon. Bad waffles and eggs floating in grease - nope I'll more on.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Things like this aggravate me. I'm 23 years old and carry my Glock 23 on my every single day because of people like that. Where I live there are tons of kids fresh out of high school that like to pull up to fast food restaurants in their huge dually trucks and try and get a rise out of you. Because of this people judge "younger twenty year olds" and assume they are reckless cursing ruffians when there are other 20+ year olds who are extremely mature and would like acceptance from the older groups. My point is even though these idiots make us other younger people look like morons don't preassume that every single younger person is.

You know, one would think you should be able to go up to a group of people and politely ask them to tone things down without getting shot.

But these days, one really never knows what kind of crap you'll start by telling someone to behave themself. You say something to the wrong kind of punk/dirtbag and the next thing you know you're in an all out fight for your life.

These days, I'm armed everywhere I go, and because I'm armed, I'm much more apt to not say anything and go about my business. If they are too disruptive, I'll leave and go somewhere else. I may tell the manager why I'm leaving and that I won't be paying for my meal when it arrives because I'm going somewhere else to eat.

I won't stiff the restaurant though. I don't think that's right. If my food has already come to the table, I'll pay for it and leave, but if the food hasn't come out yet, I'll inform the manager I won't be eating there after all.

Sure I could tell the rowdies to pipe down and then stand my ground if things blow up, but I'm not the kind of guy just itching to use my gun. I'd much rather leave and go elsewhere, than stay and be involved in something that could escalate into a killing situation.
    babarock likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I was young once, I think. I don't put myself into situations where confrontation is likely on purpose anymore.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fadepoint89 View Post
    Things like this aggravate me. I'm 23 years old and carry my Glock 23 on my every single day because of people like that. Where I live there are tons of kids fresh out of high school that like to pull up to fast food restaurants in their huge dually trucks and try and get a rise out of you. Because of this people judge "younger twenty year olds" and assume they are reckless cursing ruffians when there are other 20+ year olds who are extremely mature and would like acceptance from the older groups. My point is even though these idiots make us other younger people look like morons don't preassume that every single younger person is.
    Fadepoint: WELCOME TO THE FORUM, come back often, stay long and read much---there are a bunch of great folks here with tons of knowledge and experience. Now, about young adults--out here in ranching & farming country, the majority of the young folks are HARD working, polite and very respectful---the kind of young young adults that make me proud to be around them.
    Bark'n likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Unless my blood alcohol content was .19 or higher, and 30 years younger and a MMA fighter, I'd MMOB
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

I go to Waffle House at least once a week. I've got about 5 of em within 20 miles of my house. Most of the time I go during daylight hours as my bar closing days are done. In my opinion Waffle House at 2 am ya kinda get what ya get. If I were there at that time I would accept that type of behavior as part of the ambiance, at 8am I would say something to a group of 20 somethings. I used to be a hard drinking 20 something. I still feel safe enough in society to ask someone to keep the swearing down in an inappropriate setting. Then again I'm also not a believer that things are worse in society than they have ever been in the history of the world.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Waffle house won't even ask a single person in a booth to get up when there are signs posted that booths are not for one person.
    I don't expect them to ask a big mouth to shut up.
    I don't eat there anymore. I get the "runs".

I agree with walking out.

Something you never hear at a Waffle House, "Nice job cleaning up!"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links