This actually happened. What would you do?

This is a discussion on This actually happened. What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With all the recall hoopla here tensions are/were running in the red in some areas. I was talking to one guy that said when he ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: This actually happened. What would you do?

With all the recall hoopla here tensions are/were running in the red in some areas. I was talking to one guy that said when he saw a car with a bumper sticker for the other guy he "always tried to scare the heck out of them" (language substituted). This included getting as close as possible followed by a close pass down the side, topped off with the ever popular swerve in front almost hitting them and popping the brakes. Maybe I have not lived long enough or have some type of psychiatric flaw but other than my wife and son I have never been so passionate about a cause I am willing to go to those extremes.

Funny story that is related. A friend was sitting at a stop light in a small town. Light turn green car in front of him sits through it even after a couple toots of the horn. Light turns green again same thing happens. Third time he gets out. Walks up to the window, and calmly says excuse me is there a problem do you need medical or vehicle assistance. The woman makes some smart butt comment. So my buddy says "have you ever heard of road rage...well I HAVE IT AND YOU ARE THE CAUSE!!!" She quickly rolled up the window and made a right turn through the red.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Your friend has much more patience with idiots than I do
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I know I say alot about staying off the radar. This is a good example of why. It dosen't only apply to OC. All it takes is a tee shirt with something on it someone dosen't like,a bumper sticker, Political or any other, someone disagrees with,Gun decals on vehicles promoting brands,clubs, organizations etc. To the normal rational thinking person these little things are harmless. But its not the normal rational ones we need be concerned with.Its the kooks like the one you decribed. The nut jobs just looking for something to get mad about. Those loose cannons,the unhinged double digit IQers that roam freely among us. All that belong in prison but haven't gotten caught yet. I'm not being judgemental when I say what I say about open carry,just realistic. I don't care how anyone chooses to carry their firearm,but I know it can draw trouble and think its wiser to avoid that. You will be held to a higher standard when you carry a gun if you get into a scrape. Every effort should be made to avoid such situations as much as possible,without giving up your libreties. For what its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    With all the recall hoopla here tensions are/were running in the red in some areas. I was talking to one guy that said when he saw a car with a bumper sticker for the other guy he "always tried to scare the heck out of them" (language substituted). This included getting as close as possible followed by a close pass down the side, topped off with the ever popular swerve in front almost hitting them and popping the brakes. Maybe I have not lived long enough or have some type of psychiatric flaw but other than my wife and son I have never been so passionate about a cause I am willing to go to those extremes.
    o_O

You can disagree with someone all you want, you can hate them for their views, you can think whatever you care too. But to put someone else's life in danger because you disagree with them? I don't find that to be dedication to the cause. I find that to be disregard for anyone but yourself, a trait I find abhorrent...

That you wouldn't act this way isn't a psychiatric flaw in my book, it's conducting yourself properly. A sign of sound mind and judgement.

In other words I think the guy you were talking to is an idiot, and shouldn't be allowed to drive.
    dev_null and Doubledown like this.

I agree. Have you seen the video of one of the losers supporters crying on CNN. The guy is openly crying saying that democracy is dead because his side lost...twice. Another one of the losers supporters actually SLAPPED the candidate because she felt he conceded too early and was not willing to fight hard enough for the cause. When she slapped him she got a big cheer.

These people are completely off their rocker nut jobs. You are correct when you say they care for nobody but themselves. They are now threatening the winners life as well as his entire families lives openly on social media. Makes swerving at cars seem rather tame.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Game on

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    I've lived in a few places where that sticker likely would result in this kind of action! And another place (Italy) where the "hook'em Horns" hand salute could easily result in a fistfight.
    I had a high school chemistry teacher from Spain. He informed us that the "okay" hand gesture made by touching your index and thumb to each other with the middle, ring, and pinkie extended meant something totally different in Spain... "you're a [rear-side oriface]"

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I would find a parking lot of a bank or something likely to have a security camera and take a defensive position. Call 911 if I can.
    Try going to nearest police station.
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

A small Steelers symbol on the bottom corner of my back windshield is far as I go with bumper stickers/stickers. Even something as simple as that has caused me some problems on the road (especially driving through Ohio and Maryland). However, whenever I see opposing team stickers, I just think "meh, they (the team) sucks" and go on about my business, not bothering anybody.

Every time I see a political sticker on somebody's vehicle, I think of the what if's..
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Call the po-po, and drive to a safe area.

No bumper stickers at all on my car...I keep my car as generic as I can.

tcox4freedom likes this.

One reason I drive a 6500 pound 4x4 truck. I can slam the back of my truck into the front of whoever is behind me and it not hinder the mechanical integrity of my vehicle a bit. Repeat as necessary.
    TN_Mike and msgt/ret like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The only sticker I've ever had on my truck is the one in my avatar, on my back window. Although not my reason for having it, people tend to associate it with the Tea Party movement. Those that know the history of the flag know that it was flown during the birth of our country and lends to the ideals of a small but necessary government. Oh well, not like a Prius is gonna try to run my Chevy off the road...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Good evidence of what I heard on a news talk show the other day ... that the country is more divided now that at any time since the Civil War. It certainly looks that way to me.
    TN_Mike and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    The only sticker I've ever had on my truck is the one in my avatar, on my back window. Although not my reason for having it, people tend to associate it with the Tea Party movement. Those that know the history of the flag know that it was flown during the birth of our country and lends to the ideals of a small but necessary government. Oh well, not like a Prius is gonna try to run my Chevy off the road...
    You just defined the Tea Party.

Here's the only sticker on my truck:

nobody-cares-about-your-stick-figure-family.jpg
    msgt/ret and blitzburgh like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links