Random: Traffic Light Scare

This is a discussion on Random: Traffic Light Scare within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ram Rod I've been at a stoplight in the left turn lane and had the through lane driver get out of his ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Random: Traffic Light Scare

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've been at a stoplight in the left turn lane and had the through lane driver get out of his vehicle and attempt to open my passenger side door where I drew and actually fingered the trigger on this AH. I've also had an off duty (road rage) security guard come to my driver's side door and try to open it while I was at a stoplight. I had a child in the vehicle at the time and she was rather shaken by the incident and my .
    Sounds like you have had a number of incidents where people get out of car? What lead up to them getting out of the car? I know I am even more careful when my family is in the car.

2. Remove Ads

I had a stop light incident a few years ago. I was returning from my mother's house (across town) early in the morning (3 am) and was stopped at a light behind a car fill with young men. They started getting out. I wasn't sure if I had chambered a round...so I held it up to the light and checked. I guess the young men saw it and jumped back in their car and ran the red light. Since I had worked that city for many years...I wasn't that upset. I was in a Big Locked Jeep Cherokee and knew if I really needed to I could get away even if it meant rolling over a couple of them. The way they jumped back in that car and ran...they were up to no good. I didn't aim it their way...but they saw I was not a easy mark. I continued home without further incident.
    Inspector71 and accessbob like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Reminds me of a time years ago some friends and I were returning from a night out on the town and apparently one of us had been eating too many boiled eggs and drinking brew. Someone cut the cheese and mercifully, we had to stop for a traffic light. The tires hadn't completely stopped rolling before the doors flew open and we all bailed into the street gasping for air. Thankfully no one pulled a roscoe or I would have had a hard choice to make. Death by firing squad or get back in the car. After all these years I'm still not sure what I would have done
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

WOW, I'm glad things were more relaxed when I was young. Often ties we would be screwing with someones car to "get more out of her", like a Pinto with rusted out floors could ever be cool. After a few miles we would switch drivers to see if you could tell any difference or get a second opinion on if the brakes were really on the floor or not or what ever. So at the light it was like a Chinese fire drill with guys jumping out and running around the car to change spots. Sounds like that could be a dangerous activity in some areas.
    Buckj likes this.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    should have shot a hole in the trunk lid and the bumper for him, he could then tie the trunk closed
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    should have shot a hole in the trunk lid and the bumper for him, he could then tie the trunk closed
    this would have been the obvious answer if I was carrying a gun...
    Last edited by gnutella; June 9th, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hard to say, if there are no other indicators. Perhaps he was a radio opera/play kind of person, and he'd slowed/stop at that spot to reevaluate, not necessarily having anything to do with you and your new parking slot. Then again, if he was giving you the stink-eye, pounding the steering wheel, and had slammed on his brakes to allow eyeballing you ... Hard to say, without more info in indicators.
    It was most definitely the stop right beind you stink-eye pounding the steering wheel and using sign language of sorts. I got the message he was sending. We both were circling looking for a parking place and I was closer. I pulled in from straight across the isle while he was still coming down the perpendicular isle and I was much closer. Ordinarily I would just be friendly and let someone else have a spot even if I were closer, but I had my wife and 2 young kids with me in a downpour. When Momma says there's a spot, I'm not arguing with her. I wouldn't have argued with him either...if he wanted to stand in the rain and raise sand I would have sat in the car and let him get wet. I didn't like being boxed in though. In my truck, I'm sure I could have rammed his car back far enough to get out. Not sure about the van.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Welcome gnutella...granted i live out in the country but many a time i have stopped at the first stop sign on my road (4miles up) and jumped out to check on a tire or something on my pickup/trailer...so hopefully no one wanted to start lobbing lead at me I do have kinfolk/friends who live in Arlington so i know what goes on up there...just keep SA at all times...be prepared but no freeeeking allowed

Nothing happened, and you WERE aware of your surroundings.
    Some people would never have noticed.
    All's well that ends well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Reminds me of a time years ago some friends and I were returning from a night out on the town and apparently one of us had been eating too many boiled eggs and drinking brew. Someone cut the cheese and mercifully, we had to stop for a traffic light. The tires hadn't completely stopped rolling before the doors flew open and we all bailed into the street gasping for air. Thankfully no one pulled a roscoe or I would have had a hard choice to make. Death by firing squad or get back in the car. After all these years I'm still not sure what I would have done
    Sounds like you & I may have knew some of the same TN boys. (I ran with some guys back in the day in TN/MS/AR that would run you out!)

-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links