Stand Your Ground Defense In Texas

This is a discussion on Stand Your Ground Defense In Texas within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Houston trial focusing on stand your ground law - Yahoo! News The article is a bit long to copy, but here is an excerpt: "In ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By farronwolf
  • 2 Post By oldcurmudgeo

Thread: Stand Your Ground Defense In Texas

VIP Member

Stand Your Ground Defense In Texas

Houston trial focusing on stand your ground law - Yahoo! News
    The article is a bit long to copy, but here is an excerpt:

"In a 22-minute video that he recorded that night, Rodriguez can be heard talking to a police dispatcher after walking over to the home of Kelly Danaher to complain about the noise. Both men lived in Huffman, an unincorporated area about 30 miles northeast of Houston.
    Rodriguez told the dispatcher he feared for his life. He can also be heard telling Danaher and two other men to keep the noise down. One of the men, who had apparently seen Rodriguez's gun, cursed at Rodriguez and suggested that he was going to go inside Danaher's home and retrieve his own weapon.
    "Look, I will defend myself, sir. ... It's about to get out of hand, sir. Please help me. Please help me, sir. My life is in danger now," Rodriguez can be heard saying on the recording, which was played for jurors this week. The images are mostly dark or in shadow.
    "I'm standing my ground here. Now these people are going to go try and kill me."

2. Remove Ads

Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

This really doesn't fall into the stand your ground, or actually the no duty to retreat area.

I believe in this case there was some provoking going on and in Texas it specifically states u cannot have provoked the other person to claim self defense.

I am on sons tablet now so i cant link the statute for u, but look it up in ur book, it will be in PC 9.?.
    Spade115 likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I think that is covered in P.C. 9.31, but I am on my phone so I can't cut and paste or link it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Houston trial focusing on stand your ground law - Yahoo! News
    The article is a bit long to copy, but here is an excerpt:

"In a 22-minute video that he recorded that night, Rodriguez can be heard talking to a police dispatcher after walking over to the home of Kelly Danaher to complain about the noise. Both men lived in Huffman, an unincorporated area about 30 miles northeast of Houston.
    Rodriguez told the dispatcher he feared for his life. He can also be heard telling Danaher and two other men to keep the noise down. One of the men, who had apparently seen Rodriguez's gun, cursed at Rodriguez and suggested that he was going to go inside Danaher's home and retrieve his own weapon.
    "Look, I will defend myself, sir. ... It's about to get out of hand, sir. Please help me. Please help me, sir. My life is in danger now," Rodriguez can be heard saying on the recording, which was played for jurors this week. The images are mostly dark or in shadow.
    "I'm standing my ground here. Now these people are going to go try and kill me."

Who when under the threat of violence punctuates his speech with "Sir"?

I sounds rehearsed to me. Only stupid takes a gun to a neighbor's drinking party.

And to allow it to be seen is beyond stupid.

If the neighbor is so tough that you have to carry to complain about noise, then the neighbor is not the kind that you should confront over anything.

Stupid should have sent the cops.

It sounds to me like the shooter is a trouble maker who rehearsed the whole thing.

I vote for many years in prison.
    Calamitus and Spade115 like this.

Its not a stand your ground and he set himself up, he's basically going for a nice vacation is a 6x10.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

This guy is a moron. i hope he is convicted.

Links