This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. - Page 2

This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

This is a discussion on This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter So she has obviously made the adult decision to end it all using Suicide By Cop. Many Police cannot shoot worth ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    So she has obviously made the adult decision to end it all using Suicide By Cop.

Many Police cannot shoot worth a damn & you don't want her to suffer needlessly by being gut shot.

Quickly draw & fire putting two into her chest & one in her forehead. Shot Placement is the key.

She gets what she wanted. The officer gets to sleep at night.

You run over to the hot young chicks house (that works with you in your office) and she consoles you by giving you a gentle back rub while she whips up a Martini Dry Shaken Not Stirred & she plays "You Always Hurt The One You Love" by The Mills Brothers.

After the funeral you get Bo-Tox injections...start working out again...shop for a new wardrobe...buy that kick-ass motorcycle that you always wanted...keep the toilet seat up all the time...and check out the various Mail Order Brides On Line sites for a more subservient partner who can't wait to get to America & treat you like a king.

Can you tell that I hate strange hypothetical scenarios also.
    This one made me spray my coffee down my front. I can't make you clean it up....the humor was worth it , BUT the OP can get his butt over here for posting such a stupid post and clean it up.
    atctimmy likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Well, clearly you cheat and reprogram the scenario.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I used to think there were no stupid questions.....until I saw this one.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Well, clearly you cheat and reprogram the scenario.
    Add a couple of zombies, and then we'll see how smart you are.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    This was a stupid scenario and an unrealistic one. Yet the answers to it really have me scratching my head. While I have no idea what I would do if faced with such a scenario, I can say that I would put my wife before anyone else. Anyone. I don't care what office they hold or how big their badge is, my wife's life is more important to me then theirs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

No disrespect to the OP intended, but I am reminded of a sign a colleague has posted on his cube wall:

"A fool, in a minute, can ask more questions than a wise man can answer in a lifetime."

Now - back to the OP: were you deliberately trying to create an no-win situation, were you wondering if someone would take a bullet for their wife, or try to shoot a cop, or - just what was your motivation with this?
    tcox4freedom and QKShooter like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I'll play. Where this is a gut-wrenching decision, and one where I would likely suffer the outcome for the rest of my life, the logic of the situation is fairly clear to me and would not take much deliberation on my part.

My sympathy is with the cop. I love my wife dearly, but I'm a firm believer that we are all responsible for our actions. In your scenario, she has threatened the life of an innocent police officer.

I've had similar conversations with my son when he sees some horrible crime committed on the news. I tell him that I love him dearly, but if he would ever threaten the life of an innocent person, I'd take him out myself, if I have to. There is right and there is wrong. How much you love the criminal does not affect these laws of truth.
    Spade115, atctimmy and Spirit51 like this.

Watch your wife die. There is no logical way to intervene in a suicide by cop scenario without royally screwing the pooch.

I'm ashamed to admit that I got the Star Trek reference.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post

I'm ashamed to admit that I got the Star Trek reference.
    I thought was a reference to the kid that eats all the hot dogs. Okay, I get it now.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I would toss a jelly donut at the officer's feet. When he stopped to pick it up, I would bum rush my wife and disarm her. Works every time.
    atctimmy, 9mmHP and Spirit51 like this.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post
    When you arrived at the scene you had no idea if BG's where in the mix or even if there was a hostage situation. You just know the officer is aiming and something lethal is eminent.
    you gave the whole scenario how are there imaginary bad guys also?

My answer would be hook up with the hotter younger sister since theres going to be ninja's somewhere and the devil appearing to give me the keys to the place. o.0 seriously...

Id ride my bike/truck in between them and hopefully I get shot to get out of a marriage that i let get this bad.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I too got the Star Trek reference and yes, this is a no win situation. As, (iirc) in the movie Spock said to Saavik, something to the effect of"how we face death is as at least as important as how we face life".

This question, while being a bogus scenario, still does cause one to think about their morals, their priorities, and their view of society, how they regards themselves in comparison to others and how they choose to accept (or not) public authority.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Not sure what the OP needs from this, but I think we might have a true hollywood writer on our hands.....This really takes the cake...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I think the post was a misuse of the term "Kobayashi Maru", and the OP should be banned for using it wrong.

The "win"? The police officer shoots your wife(what she wanted), then sees you rushing him with a weapon, and he shoots you. He "wins" because YOU called him to do his job, and he did.
    Last edited by Blades; June 12th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
    Spade115 and Spirit51 like this.
    --Jason--

Well,if it has reached this point,you let the police do their job unless you want to take the eternal sand nap too.
    Spade115 and atctimmy like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links